Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

We are fucked no matter what EASON does

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited October 2019
    PurpleJ said:

Only GOOD oline I remember was 2000, and I was but a young pup so I don’t remember a whole lot other than they handled Miami. Good enough for me (and @creepycoug ;)))))

I get to see plenty of great DAWG lines play for my TIDE, though. Like the other smart guys said, good DAWG lines kick your ass when it counts even if they are facing a GOOD d line that fills sleeves and makes you say aweee.

This was evident after Cal when Weaver didn’t get punched in the throat repeatedly.

If you want to call 2.78 yds. per carry "handling", then OK! Imagine what it would have been w/o Rich Alexis' 2 two big runs.

Such fag, J. Such fag.

I do, however, agree that Washington Damnit! could use an old school Husky lineman. One of the grumpy nasty fuckers like a Kreutz or a Frank Garcia. Guys who other players on the team are legitimately afraid of pissing off.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Baseman said:

A lot of posters here have never seen a good O line at UW

This isn't one

When you have Skinny doing the Browning you don't have good pass pro

I like to call it pass pro

And they get stuffed on short yardage and when it counts.

And they suck in the red zone

A good O line does what Oregon did and our last drive rams our purple cocks down their flat faced bills

Not getting to 3rd and 23

Eason doesn’t get sacked much. They aren’t bad at all. Pretty far down the list of problems.

We were fine in short yardage until Newton got hurt. We suck in the red zone for a lot of reasons. OL is one of them, sure.
    They aren't good

At all

Disagree.

Playing the smurfs together hurt the offense big time and made the OL look bad. The WRs couldn't get open; Eason had no one to throw to and held the ball too long making him vulnerable for sacks on blitzes. Knowing our WRs sucked, defenses loaded up the box and limited our run game.

As soon as the offense began using Puka in the second half of the AZ game the offense and the line have been nails. They've scored 69 points the last four quarters --46 ppg average--the majority against Oregon one of the top defenses in the country without Dick and McGrew. During this span, the OL has allowed only 1 sack.

Excluding Kamaris wildcat guffaws and Eason's lost fumble, the offense generated more yards than Oregon.

It sucks Peterman and crue waited on using the younger WRs but I like where the Offense and the OL are right now.

What is more sad, that it took pete 2 loses to realize I need to play my WR even though they will fuck up because they don’t have the experience
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Disagree

That's just lazy, Race.
  • Options
    Offensive weakness: WRs. Defensive weakness: LBs.

Other problems in coverage, and tackling are fixable or at least can be improved this year.

Better WRs are already here, but not playing enough.

LBs? This will be a problem for years to come yet.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The OLine players are fine. They're actually really good. There are at least two, probably three, future NFL starters on the starting line.

The problem isn't that they can't block. The problem is assignment fuckups and the untimely jailbreaks where the entire defensive front aeemingly pours into the backfield unblocked. There are assignments mistakes and unblocked defenders on every short yardage play and every obvious pass play. The blocking only holds up when the play call catches the defense out of position. Thata why Hamdan calls the fucked up game that he calls. Theres no faith that the offense can just line up and win at what it's good at because nobody really knows what that is.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

PurpleJ said:

Only GOOD oline I remember was 2000, and I was but a young pup so I don’t remember a whole lot other than they handled Miami. Good enough for me (and @creepycoug ;)))))

I get to see plenty of great DAWG lines play for my TIDE, though. Like the other smart guys said, good DAWG lines kick your ass when it counts even if they are facing a GOOD d line that fills sleeves and makes you say aweee.

This was evident after Cal when Weaver didn’t get punched in the throat repeatedly.

If you want to call 2.78 yds. per carry "handling", then OK! Imagine what it would have been w/o Rich Alexis' 2 two big runs.

Such fag, J. Such fag.

I do, however, agree that Washington Damnit! could use an old school Husky lineman. One of the grumpy nasty fuckers like a Kreutz or a Frank Garcia. Guys who other players on the team are legitimately afraid of pissing off.
    OTOH, they scored four TDs on the ground.

And after you take sacks out it was 3.8 yards per carry. Which isn't great but they ran the ball well enough to rack up 42 rushing attempts. They were moving the chains on the ground.

UW held the ball for 37.28 compared to just 22:32 for da U.

I'd say the purple OL handled their bidness that day.
  • Options
    dnc said:

PurpleJ said:

Such fag, J. Such fag.

And after you take sacks out it was 3.8 yards per carry. Which isn't great but they ran the ball well enough to rack up 42 rushing attempts. They were moving the chains on the ground.

Ok, but you can't take sacks out. It's part of the O line's performance.

The 2000 team had a good O line. I don't dispute that. I thought at the time that there would be more NFL careers coming out of that group than did, which I've never understood.

Back to the game, the most effective rusher other than Alexis' two runs was Tui, and I'm not sure how much credit goes to the O line. Tui had a great feel for the option that's hard to teach, and at that he was at 3.0 yards per carry.

Both teams had 3 turnovers, which factored into the game as much as anything.

The runner of the day was Clinton Portis, who averaged over 15 yds. per carry on 6 carries. Curiously, "Game Day" Butch didn't play him until well into the second half. He was the best player on the field for either team.
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    chuck said:

The OLine players are fine. They're actually really good. There are at least two, probably three, future NFL starters on the starting line.

The problem isn't that they can't block. The problem is assignment fuckups and the untimely jailbreaks where the entire defensive front aeemingly pours into the backfield unblocked. There are assignments mistakes and unblocked defenders on every short yardage play and every obvious pass play. The blocking only holds up when the play call catches the defense out of position. Thata why Hamdan calls the fucked up game that he calls. Theres no faith that the offense can just line up and win at what it's good at because nobody really knows what that is.

3 future NFL starters? Where? Adams and who else?
  • Options

dnc said:

PurpleJ said:

Such fag, J. Such fag.

The 2000 team had a good O line. I don't dispute that. I thought at the time that there would be more NFL careers coming out of that group than did, which I've never understood.

Back to the game, the most effective rusher other than Alexis' two runs was Tui, and I'm not sure how much credit goes to the O line. Tui had a great feel for the option that's hard to teach, and at that he was at 3.0 yards per carry.

The runner of the day was Clinton Portis, who averaged over 15 yds. per carry on 6 carries. Curiously, "Game Day" Butch didn't play him until well into the second half. He was the best player on the field for either team.
    I've said many times that if Portis played all game we looser.

Thankfully, he didn't.

Sacks are more about the QB than they are on the OL, btw.
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

PurpleJ said:

Such fag, J. Such fag.

I've said many times that if Portis played all game we looser.

Thankfully, he didn't.

Sacks are more about the QB than they are on the OL, btw.
    Often, yes. For Tui, my recollection is seldom. I don't pretend to remember the specifics of the sacks on him that day. But he was no Browning that's for sure.
  • Options
    chuck said:

Agreed. Too many unblocked defenders in the backfield or making tackles for no-gain.

The curse of Beta Football.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,993

It’’s almost like someone was saying this back in the summer. Who’s was that? Oh yeah, ME

Thanks, pup. . .

• Options
    chuck said:

Starters?
  • Options

chuck said:

Starters?

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,442
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Seeing a lot of excuses for poor line play and if you take out all the other teams good plays we were right there posts.

Not a great O line at all. Barely good if I want to be generous.

Winners win and grind the opposition to the dust. Losers have great reasons why we didn't

Lather rinse repeat
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

Such fag, J. Such fag.

And another take away anything good the opponent did and we were great post

Take away 65 points in 2001 and UW takes that game to over time
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

You guys are having selective memories. This OL is probably better than 2000.

Ward was a better guard than anyone we have. Other than that, we are better at every other spot.

Adams > Silvers
    Kirkland > Fraze & and Dom Daste
    Harris > Benn
    Hilbers > Wes Call

The 2000 team ran the ball more and also had a running QB while this team has a pocket passer.

2000 team is much better because they won a Rose Bowl and popped off. However, they were a team that did more with less. They were tough and clutch when it counted and Pete’s teams have been the opposite of that.

The guys that won are better than the losers

Who cares about anything else.

Dom Daste is the toughest player of my lifetime

Stars don't measure that
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Seeing a lot of excuses for poor line play and if you take out all the other teams good plays we were right there posts.

Not a great O line at all. Barely good if I want to be generous.

Winners win and grind the opposition to the dust. Losers have great reasons why we didn't

Lather rinse repeat

We don’t have a bad OL. I’ve seen a lot of bad OL’s. This ain’t one of them.