Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

We are fucked no matter what EASON does

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

A lot of posters here have never seen a good O line at UW

This isn't one

When you have Skinny doing the Browning you don't have good pass pro

I like to call it pass pro

And they get stuffed on short yardage and when it counts.

And they suck in the red zone

A good O line does what Oregon did and our last drive rams our purple cocks down their flat faced bills

Not getting to 3rd and 23

Eason doesn’t get sacked much. They aren’t bad at all. Pretty far down the list of problems.

We were fine in short yardage until Newton got hurt. We suck in the red zone for a lot of reasons. OL is one of them, sure.
    They aren't good

At all
    Strong agree. Fuck Chris Strausser
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,535
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FirePete said:

PurpleJ said:

Only GOOD oline I remember was 2000, and I was but a young pup so I don’t remember a whole lot other than they handled Miami. Good enough for me (and @creepycoug ;)))))

I get to see plenty of great DAWG lines play for my TIDE, though. Like the other smart guys said, good DAWG lines kick your ass when it counts even if they are facing a GOOD d line that fills sleeves and makes you say aweee.

This was evident after Cal when Weaver didn’t get punched in the throat repeatedly.

Let’s fire huff.
    Let’s huff FIRE!!!!!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

Only GOOD oline I remember was 2000, and I was but a young pup so I don’t remember a whole lot other than they handled Miami. Good enough for me (and @creepycoug ;)))))

I get to see plenty of great DAWG lines play for my TIDE, though. Like the other smart guys said, good DAWG lines kick your ass when it counts even if they are facing a GOOD d line that fills sleeves and makes you say aweee.

This was evident after Cal when Weaver didn’t get punched in the throat repeatedly.

I want to agree but we ran all over Oregon. The play calls were stupid and Oregon knew what was coming every time Braxton came in with Pleasant. I knew it was wildcat every time as a fan. Our coaching has been awful. No reason for those plays other than that’s what Pete does.
    Wildcat or no, we have been getting stuffed when it counts all year long. Check the facts.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We will find out if he can coach when he gets his guys in there.

Things every dumb fucking doog says.

You don’t belong here. At all.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited October 2019
    He’s working with a 6 foot 310 lb center. Hilbers who he has actually turned into a decent player. Trey who has a fucked back. Wattenberg has improved. Jaws has been good s/o Huff.

It’s hard when you don’t have a lot of talent to work with. But he’s done a good with the limited talent + injuries he’s had.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,097
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited October 2019
    PurpleJ said:

By November 2000 I remember we were averaging something like 275 yards rushing a game. (during that stretch of time)
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,430
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The o-line is good, not great. The running game sucks because of play-calling and lack of talented running backs. Eason gets sacked because nobody's fucking open to throw most of the time, because of the no-talent WRs and shitty play design.
  • Options
    PurpleSmokePurpleSmoke Member Posts: 115
    Baseman said:

A lot of posters here have never seen a good O line at UW

This isn't one

When you have Skinny doing the Browning you don't have good pass pro

I like to call it pass pro

And they get stuffed on short yardage and when it counts.

And they suck in the red zone

A good O line does what Oregon did and our last drive rams our purple cocks down their flat faced bills

Not getting to 3rd and 23

Eason doesn’t get sacked much. They aren’t bad at all. Pretty far down the list of problems.

We were fine in short yardage until Newton got hurt. We suck in the red zone for a lot of reasons. OL is one of them, sure.
    They aren't good

At all

Disagree.

Playing the smurfs together hurt the offense big time and made the OL look bad. The WRs couldn't get open; Eason had no one to throw to and held the ball too long making him vulnerable for sacks on blitzes. Knowing our WRs sucked, defenses loaded up the box and limited our run game.

As soon as the offense began using Puka in the second half of the AZ game the offense and the line have been nails. They've scored 69 points the last four quarters --46 ppg average--the majority against Oregon one of the top defenses in the country without Dick and McGrew. During this span, the OL has allowed only 1 sack.

Excluding Kamaris wildcat guffaws and Eason's lost fumble, the offense generated more yards than Oregon.

It sucks Peterman and crue waited on using the younger WRs but I like where the Offense and the OL are right now.

Wow. Logic and insight. Unexpected from this place.
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,017
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Baseman said:

Disagree.

Playing the smurfs together hurt the offense big time and made the OL look bad. The WRs couldn't get open; Eason had no one to throw to and held the ball too long making him vulnerable for sacks on blitzes. Knowing our WRs sucked, defenses loaded up the box and limited our run game.

As soon as the offense began using Puka in the second half of the AZ game the offense and the line have been nails. They've scored 69 points the last four quarters --46 ppg average--the majority against Oregon one of the top defenses in the country without Dick and McGrew. During this span, the OL has allowed only 1 sack.

Excluding Kamaris wildcat guffaws and Eason's lost fumble, the offense generated more yards than Oregon.

It sucks Peterman and crue waited on using the younger WRs but I like where the Offense and the OL are right now.

So excluding the negative plays, they played well. lol
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

PurpleJ said:

By November 2000 I remember we were averaging something like 275 yards rushing a game. (during that stretch of time)
    With Tui running the option.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Baseman said:

We are tied for second in the conference with Oregon in offensive points scored and allow fewer sacks per game than the Ducks.

With the offensive changes, we will end the year with the best offense in the conference.

Unfortunately Pete's tardedness --sticking with Fuller and Baciella, keeping Gregory after 2017 -- have fucked the season.

Consider that Eason is also pretty immobile, especially relative to a guy like Herbert, and our pass protection has been fantastic this year. Our run game has also been very above average, even if there have been a few fuck-ups at extremely inopportune moments. The OL is good and only looking to get better with the way we've recruited these last two years. It's probably the unit I'm least concerned about, including DBs.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

He’s working with a 6 foot 310 lb center. Hilbers who he has actually turned into a decent player. Trey who has a fucked back. Wattenberg has improved. Jaws has been good s/o Huff.

It’s hard when you don’t have a lot of talent to work with. But he’s done a good with the limited talent + injuries he’s had.

Dude harris is like our best OL, wtf are you talking about.