Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

We are fucked no matter what EASON does

Comments

• Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,227
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Seeing a lot of excuses for poor line play and if you take out all the other teams good plays we were right there posts.

Not a great O line at all. Barely good if I want to be generous.

Winners win and grind the opposition to the dust. Losers have great reasons why we didn't

Lather rinse repeat

Always obligatory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQY6IYVAfw8
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

You guys are having selective memories. This OL is probably better than 2000.

Ward was a better guard than anyone we have. Other than that, we are better at every other spot.

Adams > Silvers
    Kirkland > Fraze & and Dom Daste
    Harris > Benn
    Hilbers > Wes Call

The 2000 team ran the ball more and also had a running QB while this team has a pocket passer.

2000 team is much better because they won a Rose Bowl and popped off. However, they were a team that did more with less. They were tough and clutch when it counted and Pete’s teams have been the opposite of that.

JFC.

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

PurpleJ said:

Only GOOD oline I remember was 2000, and I was but a young pup so I don’t remember a whole lot other than they handled Miami. Good enough for me (and @creepycoug ;)))))

I get to see plenty of great DAWG lines play for my TIDE, though. Like the other smart guys said, good DAWG lines kick your ass when it counts even if they are facing a GOOD d line that fills sleeves and makes you say aweee.

This was evident after Cal when Weaver didn’t get punched in the throat repeatedly.

If you want to call 2.78 yds. per carry "handling", then OK! Imagine what it would have been w/o Rich Alexis' 2 two big runs.

Such fag, J. Such fag.

I do, however, agree that Washington Damnit! could use an old school Husky lineman. One of the grumpy nasty fuckers like a Kreutz or a Frank Garcia. Guys who other players on the team are legitimately afraid of pissing off.
    And another take away anything good the opponent did and we were great post

Take away 65 points in 2001 and UW takes that game to over time
    All of my J-responsive posts are meant to be argumentative.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Seeing a lot of excuses for poor line play and if you take out all the other teams good plays we were right there posts.

Winners win and grind the opposition to the dust. Losers have great reasons why we didn't

Lather rinse repeat

The nfl doesn't care whether an OL was on a winner or a loser team in college.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

A lot of posters here have never seen a good O line at UW

This isn't one

When you have Skinny doing the Browning you don't have good pass pro

I like to call it pass pro

And they get stuffed on short yardage and when it counts.

And they suck in the red zone

A good O line does what Oregon did and our last drive rams our purple cocks down their flat faced bills

Not getting to 3rd and 23

The thing is. Browning would actually wait until the very last second and get drilled if that is what it took to throw the receiver open.

It didn’t always work of course, but He did it a lot.

I didn’t see Eason do that against Stanford or Oregon. Once.

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Baseman said:

PurpleJ said:

Only GOOD oline I remember was 2000, and I was but a young pup so I don’t remember a whole lot other than they handled Miami. Good enough for me (and @creepycoug ;)))))

I get to see plenty of great DAWG lines play for my TIDE, though. Like the other smart guys said, good DAWG lines kick your ass when it counts even if they are facing a GOOD d line that fills sleeves and makes you say aweee.

This was evident after Cal when Weaver didn’t get punched in the throat repeatedly.

By November 2000 I remember we were averaging something like 275 yards rushing a game. (during that stretch of time)
    With Tui running the option.
    People forget that Tui passed for 300 and ran for 200 in the same game.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    salemcoog said:

This isn't one

A good O line does what Oregon did and our last drive rams our purple cocks down their flat faced bills

The thing is. Browning would actually wait until the very last second and get drilled if that is what it took to throw the receiver open.

Browning invented and perfected the 25 yard retreat and self-sack. Next.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,535
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

What's the point of a thread like this when it's obvious UW has lost 3 winnable games because the D can't stop the run when the game is on the line?

You mean like the time I mentioned the linebackers in the OP?
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,535
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2019

PurpleJ said:

If you want to call 2.78 yds. per carry "handling", then OK! Imagine what it would have been w/o Rich Alexis' 2 two big runs.

Such fag, J. Such fag.

I do, however, agree that Washington Damnit! could use an old school Husky lineman. One of the grumpy nasty fuckers like a Kreutz or a Frank Garcia. Guys who other players on the team are legitimately afraid of pissing off.

I will HANDLE u like my DAWGS bitch.
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

What's the point of a thread like this when it's obvious UW has lost 3 winnable games because the D can't stop the run when the game is on the line?

You mean like the time I mentioned the linebackers in the OP?
    Threads meander over days. I'd missed or forgotten your OP, prolly because it lacked Nazi references. My bad.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Such fag, J. Such fag.

I will HANDLE u like my DAWGS DWAGS bitch.
    Get it right J.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,430
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

Lather rinse repeat

That's great because I don't care about the NFL
  • Options

chuck said:

Lather rinse repeat

#metoo
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Lather rinse repeat

I dont even know if what I said was a part of your excuses post so my reply seems a little weird now. My only point was that UW has some good linemen that are more talented than the results they're getting. This will bear out in the draft.
  • Options
    edited October 2019

salemcoog said:

This isn't one

I like Eason, but the big dick stuff is stupid. He’s soft. Even tho he’s not fast he should be a load to take down because he’s huge. He goes down pretty easy and the slide vs Cal was unbelievably soft. Browning ain’t sliding when he can get a first. He would have been absolutely blasted for that play.
    Please don't fluff Browning on these boreds. Please. This year has been tough enough already. Don't make it worse.
  • Options

salemcoog said:

This isn't one

I like Eason, but the big dick stuff is stupid. He’s soft. Even tho he’s not fast he should be a load to take down because he’s huge. He goes down pretty easy and the slide vs Cal was unbelievably soft. Browning ain’t sliding when he can get a first. He would have been absolutely blasted for that play.
    Please don't fluff Browning on these boreds. Please. This year has been tough enough already. Don't make it worse.
    Jake Browning was the winningest QB at UW. Great, heady player. He broke a lot of records too.
    Roady STOP!
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

chuck said:

Lather rinse repeat

I dont even know if what I said was a part of your excuses post so my reply seems a little weird now. My only point was that UW has some good linemen that are more talented than the results they're getting. This will bear out in the draft.
    Our OL results have been good. Not sure where this is coming from. We didn’t convert on short yardage situations against Oregon. That was more on Pleasant and the play call. USC was tough too, but we won.

The OL opens holes in the running game and Eason has a clean pocket a lot. It’s not the best line in the country. It’s a good OL tho. This is stupid. They aren’t the reason for our struggles this year. They are more of a strength than a weakness.