Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Auburn's OOC

13»

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    dnc said:

tOSU never had to play the cuogs

Or a ranked Oregon State

Or Finland in the Gold Medal Match.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,669 Founders Club
    dnc said:

no_uh said:

It's pathetic. There's the Cougars, who they had a very hard time with, and three very low FBS and FCS schools. People need to stop lobbying them to jump an undefeated THE Ohio St. It's a ridiculous, fucktarded argument. In closing, fuck the SEC.

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/teamschedule?teamId=2

Clearly you took the time to look at THE Ohio State's MIGHTY OOC schedule, or any part of their schedule for that matter, before coming on here an poasting this.
    Auburn and T!osu's opponents have a very similar record. So why should a one loss Allbarn jump them again?
    Auburn's one loss is to a better team than anyone tOSU has played.

Of the two, Auburn has the best win (BCS #4 versus OSU's best at #21), best road win (BCS #24 - OSU's best road win was at unranked Michigan), and assuming they both win today (which is the foundational assumption of this debate) Auburn will have the best neutral win also.

I hope tOSU goes to the title game because I hate the SEC. But if I was the one making the call, I'd give the nod to the SEC champ (though the OSU Missouri call would be tougher to make).

I'd also like to see the SEC lose the title game for once.

#TomahawkChop

and if Ohio State Beats Michigan State tonight, they will have beaten a top 10 team. if they lose then Auburn has a really good case... I've never argued against that.

Auburn lost to a three loss team. Auburn easily could have lost to a four loss team. Their great wins are against other SEC teams, and all SEC teams play s*** out of conference schedules. It mitigates all the "SEC team x plays a really good schedule ( meaning it's great because they play each other)!" because they are all overrated preseason, then play each other, and then somehow get credit for it.

dnc said:

no_uh said:

It's pathetic. There's the Cougars, who they had a very hard time with, and three very low FBS and FCS schools. People need to stop lobbying them to jump an undefeated THE Ohio St. It's a ridiculous, fucktarded argument. In closing, fuck the SEC.

Clearly you took the time to look at THE Ohio State's MIGHTY OOC schedule, or any part of their schedule for that matter, before coming on here an poasting this.
    Auburn and T!osu's opponents have a very similar record. So why should a one loss Allbarn jump them again?

Of the two, Auburn has the best win (BCS #4 versus OSU's best at #21), best road win (BCS #24 - OSU's best road win was at unranked Michigan), and assuming they both win today (which is the foundational assumption of this debate) Auburn will have the best neutral win also.

I hope tOSU goes to the title game because I hate the SEC. But if I was the one making the call, I'd give the nod to the SEC champ (though the OSU Missouri call would be tougher to make).

#TomahawkChop

and if Ohio State Beats Michigan State tonight, they will have beaten a top 10 team. if they lose then Auburn has a really good case... I've never argued against that.

Auburn lost to a three loss team. Auburn easily could have lost to a four loss team. Their great wins are against other SEC teams, and all SEC teams play s*** out of conference schedules. It mitigates all the "SEC team x plays a really good schedule ( meaning it's great because they play each other)!" because they are all overrated preseason, then play each other, and then somehow get credit for it.
    Ohio State has only played one three loss team all season before today and barely escaped at home.

Not that it matters, because Ohio State is exactly who we said they were.
  • ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,811

Auburn did beat #1....and I'm sure Ohio St broke a sweat playing Buffalo, Cal and the dreckfest that is the Big Ten.

That said...your point is valid because OSU went undefeated. But I'm sure the BCS will figure out an angle to work Auburn/Bama for a rematch in the title game. It'll be good for "ratings"

Your sig could easily say wet instead of hot. That's what it looks like she's saying
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652

dnc said:

no_uh said:

#TomahawkChop

Michigan State will no longer be a top 10 team if they lose tonight. Unless we're trying to give credit to Missouri for beating a top 10 Georgia.

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,669 Founders Club
    dnc said:

dnc said:

no_uh said:

#TomahawkChop

Michigan State will no longer be a top 10 team if they lose tonight. Unless we're trying to give credit to Missouri for beating a top 10 Georgia.

If Michigan State were in the SEC, they would be ranked about 7th now, and they might fall to 10th if they lost.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652

dnc said:

dnc said:

no_uh said:

#TomahawkChop

If Michigan State were in the SEC, they would be ranked about 7th now, and they might fall to 10th if they lost.
    Or they would have lost 3 games by now.

MSU is even less proven than Ohio State.

dnc said:

dnc said:

no_uh said:

#TomahawkChop

Michigan State's one loss was to the Pac-12 South champion. What have they proven?
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    no_uh said:

no_uh said:

So do the opponents of my cousin's high school team.
    so when you go to the games do you spend more time checking out he and his teammates or the cheerleaders?