Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Auburn's OOC

Comments

• HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Puppy Steel approves the original post.
  • Haid_D_SalaamiHaid_D_Salaami Member Posts: 541
    haie said:

Fuck OSU and the special olympics-esque Big 10. Did anyone not see the Michigan game? That's a much worse almost-loss than auburn-wsu.

Wait what?

Yeah UM had a shit year...and Leach has the coogs improving. But in no way was Michigan "way worse" than WSU. It was a rivalry game. Those are usually emotional and close. WSU/Aub was an early season game. Alot of weird shit happens. You can't read anything into that comparison.

• IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754

Puppy Steel approves the original post.

What was the original post? All I can think about is nailing Sarah in her Moose slippers.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    Pick any SEC OOC scedule. Alabama plays ONE "A" team. Then 3 z schools. The rest dont even play a "B" team. Thats why theres 4 sec schools in the top 6 and a 10-1 Michigan St. Team WAY outside looking in.

The system, and SEC bias, is destroying college football. Im lovin the resurgence of Florida St and the pac 12. Its like the good ole' days of college foottball. When the SEC was no different, than the rest of the conferences. Before ESPN picked a conference and gave them bright lights, free advertising and bullshit bias.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

I don't think a one loss Auburn should jump an Ohio State team that has been undefeated for two years in a row, but the Big 10 fucking sucks. Other than Ohio State and Michigan State, the conference is fucking terrible. WSU would have won 8 games in that conference.

Iowa and Nebraska have winning records in B1G conference play this year.

#fuckingdreckfest
    fire marshal bill and pl_ssfs. off meds. this thread.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771

Pick any SEC OOC scedule. Alabama plays ONE "A" team. Then 3 z schools. The rest dont even play a "B" team. Thats why theres 4 sec schools in the top 6 and a 10-1 Michigan St. Team WAY outside looking in.

The system, and SEC bias, is destroying college football. Im lovin the resurgence of Florida St and the pac 12. Its like the good ole' days of college foottball. When the SEC was no different, than the rest of the conferences. Before ESPN picked a conference and gave them bright lights, free advertising and bullshit bias.

Check Washingtons schedule.
  • IrishDawg22IrishDawg22 Member Posts: 2,754

I don't think a one loss Auburn should jump an Ohio State team that has been undefeated for two years in a row, but the Big 10 fucking sucks. Other than Ohio State and Michigan State, the conference is fucking terrible. WSU would have won 8 games in that conference.

#fuckingdreckfest
    Can you put together a Big 10 power rankings? I want to see where Cal would rank.

#fuckingdreckfest
    Can you put together a Big 10 power rankings? I want to see where Cal would rank.
    OFFICIAL B1G Power Rankings:

1. Ohio State
    2. Michigan State

3. Wisconsin
    4. Iowa
    5. Penn State
    6. Wisconsin
    7. Minnesota

8. Michigan
    9. Indiana

10. Cal
    11. Northwestern
    12. Illinois

• doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    Notre Dame wins the Big Ten
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

#fuckingdreckfest
    OFFICIAL B1G Power Rankings:

1. Ohio State
    2. Michigan State

3. Wisconsin
    4. Iowa
    5. Penn State
    6. Wisconsin
    7. Minnesota

8. Michigan
    9. Central Michigan Indiana

10. Cal
    11. Northwestern
    12. Illinois

• no_uhno_uh Member Posts: 765

no_uh said:

It's pathetic. There's the Cougars, who they had a very hard time with, and three very low FBS and FCS schools. People need to stop lobbying them to jump an undefeated THE Ohio St. It's a ridiculous, fucktarded argument. In closing, fuck the SEC.

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/teamschedule?teamId=2

Clearly you took the time to look at THE Ohio State's MIGHTY OOC schedule, or any part of their schedule for that matter, before coming on here an poasting this.
    Auburn and T!osu's opponents have a very similar record. So why should a one loss Allbarn jump them again?
    So do the opponents of my cousin's high school team.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652

no_uh said:

It's pathetic. There's the Cougars, who they had a very hard time with, and three very low FBS and FCS schools. People need to stop lobbying them to jump an undefeated THE Ohio St. It's a ridiculous, fucktarded argument. In closing, fuck the SEC.

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/teamschedule?teamId=2

Clearly you took the time to look at THE Ohio State's MIGHTY OOC schedule, or any part of their schedule for that matter, before coming on here an poasting this.
    Auburn and T!osu's opponents have a very similar record. So why should a one loss Allbarn jump them again?
    Auburn's one loss is to a better team than anyone tOSU has played.

Of the two, Auburn has the best win (BCS #4 versus OSU's best at #21), best road win (BCS #24 - OSU's best road win was at unranked Michigan), and assuming they both win today (which is the foundational assumption of this debate) Auburn will have the best neutral win also.

I hope tOSU goes to the title game because I hate the SEC. But if I was the one making the call, I'd give the nod to the SEC champ (though the OSU Missouri call would be tougher to make).

I'd also like to see the SEC lose the title game for once.

#TomahawkChop

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,149 Founders Club
    I like Duke's lacrosse team tonight against the FSU rapist
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    Fuck THE Ohio State. Who do they play again? All season long? No one. Auburn knocked off the 2 time defending champion. They beat other quality SEC teams. That conference is tough. It's why they've won the last 7 national championships. My vote would go to Auburn. The only reason I want tOSU to go to the championship is for selfish reasons: it might buy the Ducks a spot in a BCS bowel.
    edited December 2013

Fuck THE Ohio State. Who do they play again? All season long? No one. Auburn knocked off the 2 time defending champion. They beat other quality SEC teams. That conference is tough. It's why they've won the last 7 national championships. My vote would go to Auburn. The only reason I want tOSU to go to the championship is for selfish reasons: it might buy the Ducks a spot in a BCS bowel.

I don't think it matters if Auburn passes tOSU.

Title: FSU v Auburn
    Rose: B1G winner v P12 dreck
    Orange: Clemson v B1G loser
    Sugar: Alabama v Oklahoma
    Fiesta: XII v UCF

It would be funny if Oklahoma was chosen by the Orange Bowl over the B1G loser though.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,149 Founders Club
    Miami knows they get a ton of midwest rubes in town. Easy call

Miami knows they get a ton of midwest rubes in town. Easy call

I'd take Oklahoma over Ohio State if I was the OB. tOSU won't want to be there.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    tOSU never had to play the cuogs
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652

tOSU never had to play the cuogs

Or a ranked Oregon State