Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What’s everyone grilling tonight?

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

Houhusky said:

New York Strips and Asparagus with a Heaven Hill 1oz sampler tray of:

Pikesville Rye
    Elijah Craig Small Batch
    Evan Williams Single Barrel
    Larceny
    Bernheim Wheat

I’ve guaranteed myself that it will be a great night regardless of football outcomes.

Evan Williams single barrel is in the Yella top 5 for $31 bourbon. Fantastic stuff.
    I remember my cheap bourbon phase.
    Oh please @MikeDamone .... run along home to mama.

Imagine saving corks from cheap bottles of Blantons

So @MikeDamone given your reputation as Hardcore Husky's "most interesting man", what's your favorite bourbon north of $100? And I mean something that is somewhat readily available at a well stocked liquor store. Enlighten us pour rubes for a moment.

Dont spend $100 on bourbon unless you are doing it for some status symbol. This isnt Scotch... $45-$80 is the sweet spot. (atleast in states that dont tax alcohol into oblivion)

Bookers bourbon is by far the best barrel proof bourbon. 120+ proof of pure deliciousness.

Mitchers, Basil Haydens, Woodford reserve double oaked, and Willet pot still are all readily available, mass produced, and are perfect for someone who doesnt know what they are doing but wants something nicer than what they choked down in college.
    I do it for some status symbol.
    I'm waiting.
    For what?
    Help a fella out with your wealth of bourbon knowledge.
    When did I say I had a wealth of bourbon knowledge?
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,032 Founders Club

Houhusky said:

Pikesville Rye
    Elijah Craig Small Batch
    Larceny
    Bernheim Wheat

I’ve guaranteed myself that it will be a great night regardless of football outcomes.

Evan Williams single barrel is in the Yella top 5 for $31 bourbon. Fantastic stuff.

So @MikeDamone given your reputation as Hardcore Husky's "most interesting man", what's your favorite bourbon north of $100? And I mean something that is somewhat readily available at a well stocked liquor store. Enlighten us pour rubes for a moment.

Dont spend $100 on bourbon unless you are doing it for some status symbol. This isnt Scotch... $45-$80 is the sweet spot. (atleast in states that dont tax alcohol into oblivion)

Bookers bourbon is by far the best barrel proof bourbon. 120+ proof of pure deliciousness.

Mitchers, Basil Haydens, Woodford reserve double oaked, and Willet pot still are all readily available, mass produced, and are perfect for someone who doesnt know what they are doing but wants something nicer than what they choked down in college.
    I'm waiting.
    For what?
    "I remember my cheap bourbon phase"
    edited October 2019

Houhusky said:

Pikesville Rye
    Elijah Craig Small Batch
    Larceny
    Bernheim Wheat

I'm waiting.
    For what?
    I do remember it. Did I say I have a wealth of knowledge?

Houhusky said:

Pikesville Rye
    Elijah Craig Small Batch
    Larceny
    Bernheim Wheat

I'm waiting.
    For what?

The remark implied regular consumption of premium ultra-premium bourbon.

Houhusky said:

Pikesville Rye
    Elijah Craig Small Batch
    Larceny
    Bernheim Wheat

I'm waiting.
    For what?

Did it?

Houhusky said:

Pikesville Rye
    Elijah Craig Small Batch
    Larceny
    Bernheim Wheat

I'm waiting.
    For what?

Did it?
    I don't know why I even try. Sigh.

Houhusky said:

Pikesville Rye
    Elijah Craig Small Batch
    Larceny
    Bernheim Wheat

I'm waiting.
    For what?

Did it?

Good question.

Houhusky said:

Pikesville Rye
    Elijah Craig Small Batch
    Larceny
    Bernheim Wheat

I'm waiting.
    For what?

Did it?

Good question.
    Pup will pony up for a Wam membership before I ever get a straight answer out of Damone.

Houhusky said:

Pikesville Rye
    Elijah Craig Small Batch
    Larceny
    Bernheim Wheat

I'm waiting.
    For what?

Did it?

Good question.
    Pup will pony up for a Wam membership before I ever get a straight answer out of Damone.
    I gave you a straight answer. I remember my cheap bourbon phase. I stand by that statement. You’re the one who came up with a bunch of other stuff.
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739

Houhusky said:

Pikesville Rye
    Elijah Craig Small Batch
    Larceny
    Bernheim Wheat

Houhusky said:

Pikesville Rye
    Elijah Craig Small Batch
    Larceny
    Bernheim Wheat

I’ve been a huge bourbon whore but am transitioning to the Irish whiskeys. The bourbons are too sweet. Can’t quite get over the hump to Scotch just yet so Irish is nice.

Had some Bushmills 16 year single recently and came in my sweatpants Aged in bourbon and sherry barrels and then finished in port barrels. Unbelievable. Best of all worlds.

Another distillery named Method and Madness is relatively new on the scene. They put out a nice product.

I went through a few bottles of this last year. Good chit.

In my shelf right now.

Also for Michters, I’m a huge fan of the American Whiskey.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,170

Houhusky said:

Pikesville Rye
    Elijah Craig Small Batch
    Larceny
    Bernheim Wheat

Houhusky said:

Pikesville Rye
    Elijah Craig Small Batch
    Larceny
    Bernheim Wheat

I’ve been a huge bourbon whore but am transitioning to the Irish whiskeys. The bourbons are too sweet. Can’t quite get over the hump to Scotch just yet so Irish is nice.

Had some Bushmills 16 year single recently and came in my sweatpants Aged in bourbon and sherry barrels and then finished in port barrels. Unbelievable. Best of all worlds.

Another distillery named Method and Madness is relatively new on the scene. They put out a nice product.

Not a bad choice. This is my current Irish whiskey of choice.

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,669 Standard Supporter
    Mad_Son said:

Houhusky said:

Pikesville Rye
    Elijah Craig Small Batch
    Larceny
    Bernheim Wheat

Houhusky said:

Pikesville Rye
    Elijah Craig Small Batch
    Larceny
    Bernheim Wheat

Not a bad choice. This is my current Irish whiskey of choice.

Teeling is good shit. Another reasonably new player in the Irish whiskey game.

• gabemarkskneegabemarksknee Member Posts: 336
    Why does everyone hate Yamazaki?

Poor Man's Pappy and Willett are both good as well.

Japanese whisky is great. I got some Hibiki 12 yr old last year as a Christmas gift.

What’s the poor man’s Pappy? Weller 12 yr old?

Japanese whisky is great. I got some Hibiki 12 yr old last year as a Christmas gift.

I remember my pappy phase
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,765 Founders Club

Sure, Claw boy...

Pappy Van Winkle was a piece of shit.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,660 Founders Club

Pappy Waldorf

Salad?