Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What’s everyone grilling tonight?

Comments

• BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    Not a big fan of the prime rib.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,033 Founders Club

It’s only the king of all roasts of beef so there’s that.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726

It's all in prep and to not over cook it.
    Quality MATTERS
  • RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557

I like it more when other people grill for me.

Yuck. Undercooked, with fat slime on the edges. Hard pass.
    I asked for rare, and these dumb fucks brought this. They’ve also added a 20% thing, which the waiters are pissed about because they know that’s money out of their pocket. They’re lucky my gf loves that place, because Ringside is a ton better.
  • gabemarkskneegabemarksknee Member Posts: 336

Same
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    I like this sort of dish cooked almost to the point of being burnt, with some crispy burnt onions on the side for flavor.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,000
    BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Wife made a shitload of enchiladas

Block Nine pinot

Playing with new kitten

Quantify shitload.

Kitten = fag

HTH
    Three casserole trays

Cats are an agreement, dogs are a master-slave relationship
    So if I have a shitload of dog shit, that's three casserole trays? What if I only have 2 casserole trays?

What's wrong with master/slave? #bdsm
    Shitload can generally refer to "more than one might expect" of just about anything. However, if you want to put dog shit in casserole trays, that's certainly you're prerogative. Don't invite me for dinner

Master/slave is just fine for roleplaying. Not so fine for longer-term relationships. Oh look, my dog is slavishly attentive to me! Yeah, because he's been bred to see you as an alpha. He can't fucking help it. Cats can. They can choose not to give a fuck about you, so when they do decide to give a fuck about you it just means more

You're a cat man. Who'da thought?
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,488 Standard Supporter
    This thread was a disappointment.

This thread was a disappointment.

Hurtful
  • YouKnowItYouKnowIt Member Posts: 541

Prime rib at home > prime rib eating out ...

I mean if I am going to pay top notch prices give me a cut of meat you cook individually for me not a fucking roast ...
    YouKnowIt said:

Prime rib at home > prime rib eating out ...

I mean if I am going to pay top notch prices give me a cut of meat you cook individually for me not a fucking roast ...
    *rib eye

New York Strips and Asparagus with a Heaven Hill 1oz sampler tray of:

Pikesville Rye
    Elijah Craig Small Batch
    Evan Williams Single Barrel
    Larceny
    Bernheim Wheat

I’ve guaranteed myself that it will be a great night regardless of football outcomes.

Evan Williams single barrel is in the Yella top 5 for $31 bourbon. Fantastic stuff.
    I remember my cheap bourbon phase.
    Oh please @MikeDamone .... run along home to mama.

Imagine saving corks from cheap bottles of Blantons

So @MikeDamone given your reputation as Hardcore Husky's "most interesting man", what's your favorite bourbon north of $100? And I mean something that is somewhat readily available at a well stocked liquor store. Enlighten us pour rubes for a moment.

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

Pikesville Rye
    Elijah Craig Small Batch
    Larceny
    Bernheim Wheat

I’ve guaranteed myself that it will be a great night regardless of football outcomes.

Evan Williams single barrel is in the Yella top 5 for $31 bourbon. Fantastic stuff.

So @MikeDamone given your reputation as Hardcore Husky's "most interesting man", what's your favorite bourbon north of $100? And I mean something that is somewhat readily available at a well stocked liquor store. Enlighten us pour rubes for a moment.

I don’t know. I don’t look at the prices once past $100.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

Pikesville Rye
    Elijah Craig Small Batch
    Larceny
    Bernheim Wheat

Dont spend $100 on bourbon unless you are doing it for some status symbol. This isnt Scotch... $45-$80 is the sweet spot. (atleast in states that dont tax alcohol into oblivion)

Bookers bourbon is by far the best barrel proof bourbon. 120+ proof of pure deliciousness.

Mitchers, Basil Haydens, Woodford reserve double oaked, and Willet pot still are all readily available, mass produced, and are perfect for someone who doesnt know what they are doing but wants something nicer than what they choked down in college.
    edited October 2019
    Houhusky said:

Pikesville Rye
    Elijah Craig Small Batch
    Larceny
    Bernheim Wheat

Dont spend $100 on bourbon unless you are doing it for some status symbol. This isnt Scotch... $45-$80 is the sweet spot. (atleast in states that dont tax alcohol into oblivion)

Bookers bourbon is by far the best barrel proof bourbon. 120+ proof of pure deliciousness.

Mitchers, Basil Haydens, Woodford reserve double oaked, and Willet pot still are all readily available, mass produced, and are perfect for someone who doesnt know what they are doing but wants something nicer than what they choked down in college.
    I do it for some status symbol.

Houhusky said:

Pikesville Rye
    Elijah Craig Small Batch
    Larceny
    Bernheim Wheat

I'm waiting.

Houhusky said:

Pikesville Rye
    Elijah Craig Small Batch
    Larceny
    Bernheim Wheat

I'm waiting.
    For what?
    Houhusky said:

Pikesville Rye
    Elijah Craig Small Batch
    Larceny
    Bernheim Wheat

Bookers is fantastic. The Buffalo Trace Distillery family of products is my go to. I got a Stagg Jr (67% alcohol) recently that was great. You're right though on Bourbon, us pours can get into some top shelf stuff for a fraction of the price of scotch.
    edited October 2019

Houhusky said:

Pikesville Rye
    Elijah Craig Small Batch
    Larceny
    Bernheim Wheat

I'm waiting.
    For what?
    Help a fella out with your wealth of bourbon knowledge.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,669 Standard Supporter
    Houhusky said:

Pikesville Rye
    Elijah Craig Small Batch
    Larceny
    Bernheim Wheat

Houhusky said:

Pikesville Rye
    Elijah Craig Small Batch
    Larceny
    Bernheim Wheat

I’ve been a huge bourbon whore but am transitioning to the Irish whiskeys. The bourbons are too sweet. Can’t quite get over the hump to Scotch just yet so Irish is nice.

Had some Bushmills 16 year single recently and came in my sweatpants Aged in bourbon and sherry barrels and then finished in port barrels. Unbelievable. Best of all worlds.

Another distillery named Method and Madness is relatively new on the scene. They put out a nice product.