Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Kurds

1235»

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,944
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited October 2019

Turkey is in NATO

We've fucked the Kurds for decades

I'd kick Turkey out

Truth. Turkey is a wildcard. Sometimes "they" want to be NATO-like, sometimes they don't.

Erdogan just threatened the EU with unleashing a supposed 3.2 million Muslim immigrants onto the continent if they don't come up with "aid" dollars to Turkey.

It's always about the benjamins, let's be clear about that. It's never about the 'people' or the 'oppressed'. Doesn't matter whether it's left or right. The high moral ground is just cover for the coin, especially with regards to the US. This bi-partisan 'effort' condemning Trump goes back to the elected reps being bought and paid for by the military-industrial complex. They will toss aside party politics if the money-suppliers say so.

Turkey and the Kurds is incredibly complex. The US probably never had any business being involved in the shitstorm that is the Middle East. 18 years into this thing, we're better off retracting global domination and de-facto imperialism and 'nation-building'. We're just not particularly good at it without absolute buy-in from our allies. We gots our own problems at home - homelessness, opioid addiction, crumbling infrastructure, deficits, debt.... don't even get me started on foreign aid - that's like sending money to charity but failing to pay for your own rent and food.

Trump's long-game of getting the fuck out of the ME is correct but it's quite possible the US will step on its dick a few times on the way out. Either way it will be interesting.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-49963649