Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Kurds

Comments

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

dnc said:

Sledog said:

dnc said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

GDS said:

Agreeing with essentially all our military advisors that keeping a small contingent in Northern Syria to help the Kurds and ensure the 11k ISIS fighters captured and detained remain detained is now considered “pro-war”? FS

We could execute all of them. Problem solved.
    The people we're abandoning hold the prisoners. We don't.
    I guess they figure out what to do with them then. Maybe Turkish bombs will settle that.
    salemcoog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

We'll see how it plays out. I'm not for abandoning allies. Problem here is they're both allies. Seems Trump's told Turkey there will be consequences if the they jump in. So we're to stay forever? The anti-war crowd is now pro war because they're anti Trump? TDS is very real.

Right. Daddy will destroy the Turkish economy on twitter.

We're there. People can argue about whether we should have been there, but that's the fact. As Colin Powell said to W about our military adventures, "You break it, you bought it."
    And Simone has to yet us out. Short of executing 60k Isis trash there isn't much we can do. They'll be let go eventually and will go back to raping and pillaging. That's why they make drones.
    It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to know how you gals would be howling if a Democrat had ever done anything this reckless.
    Welp. It was the toothless recklessness that got us in there in the first place, so there’s that.

And it would only take a WaPo or NYT article on how the poor ISIS were being abused in captivity for your team to demand release of them anyway.

But Trumps the bad guy. Not the country invading.
    You're not really conversant in the facts of this situation, obviously.
    dnc said:

Trusting Turkey with the ISIS fighters seems foolish as hell. Their "ally" status is always day to day.

That said, "Fighting between various groups that has been going on for hundreds of years. USA should never have been in Middle East" is as true as anything any American politician has said in years.

I don't love this move but I don't pretend to know what the best thing.

Fuck the Middle East.

The status quo wasn’t getting civilians bombarded by a modern military.

Poor Turkey. Now Daddy, in his infinite wisdom, is going to destroy their economy.
    Wtf is the status quo in the Middle East? Pre Trump? Pre US intervention?

I don’t know how anyone could even pretend to know what the status quo in the Middle East looks like, other than war and bloodshed.
    Been that way forever and worse since mooselimbdom.
    I’m not sure it’s actually any worse under Islam.

It’s been jacked forever, probably will be jacked forever.
    As one who thought it was a neat idea to make the Middle East safe for democracy I eventually came to the same conclusion

Leaving our troops as targets is a stupid plan that the left used to agree with me on

I took a tremendous amount of shit for backing the endless wars.
    BRB, JO
  • Options
    GDSGDS Member Posts: 1,470
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,276
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    ISIS was already destroyed. Trump said so.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Is it good we’re fucking over the Kurds or not? Take a position. All you’ve offered is “we’ve fucked over the kurds for decades”. Does that make enabling their slaughter Ok? Yes or no.

It sucks that the Kurds have been put in this position. It also sucks that we half assed our way in there and offered idle threats with so called red lines in the sand.

The weird thing is that I’ve never heard such concern for the Kurds from anyone on here, Twitter or anywhere else until this week.

Why such concern now?
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

Is it good we’re fucking over the Kurds or not? Take a position. All you’ve offered is “we’ve fucked over the kurds for decades”. Does that make enabling their slaughter Ok? Yes or no.

It sucks that the Kurds have been put in this position. It also sucks that we half assed our way in there and offered idle threats with so called red lines in the sand.

The weird thing is that I’ve never heard such concern for the Kurds from anyone on here, Twitter or anywhere else until this week.

Why such concern now?
    We had lots of times we didn't change the status quo in order to help them. Here we are changing the status quo in a way that harms them. Those are meaningfully different things.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    HHusky said:

salemcoog said:

Why such concern now?
    We had lots of times we didn't change the status quo in order to help them. Here we are changing the status quo in a way that harms them. Those are meaningfully different things.
    Eventually we would have to leave. So eventually this was gonna happen. These psychos have been murdering each other in the name of their religion for centuries now. There’s nothing the US can do about this.

What do you think the correct play should be? Forever occupation?
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

We'll see how it plays out. I'm not for abandoning allies. Problem here is they're both allies. Seems Trump's told Turkey there will be consequences if the they jump in. So we're to stay forever? The anti-war crowd is now pro war because they're anti Trump? TDS is very real.

Right. Daddy will destroy the Turkish economy on twitter.

We're there. People can argue about whether we should have been there, but that's the fact. As Colin Powell said to W about our military adventures, "You break it, you bought it."
    https://tradingeconomics.com/turkey/currency

Click on the 5 year chart. It was about 2.74 lira to $1 USD in Nov 2016 - it's now in the 5.8 range.

Last I heard Trump thinks the dollar is too strong. Now you are celebrating the strength of the dollar? Which is it?
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

HHusky said:

salemcoog said:

Why such concern now?
    Eventually we would have to leave. So eventually this was gonna happen. These psychos have been murdering each other in the name of their religion for centuries now. There’s nothing the US can do about this.

What do you think the correct play should be? Forever occupation?
    Whatever thoughtful strategy we might have employed, Daddy getting talked into an impulsive move during a phone call ain’t it.
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    HHusky said:

salemcoog said:

Why such concern now?
    "We" changed the status quo and hurt them when "we" decided to turn Syria into a hell-hole back in 2011/2012.

• Options
    When we did that how precisely?
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,554
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The Kurds and their situation with Turkey has been going on for years. The PPK has been ID as a terrorist organization and their leader rots in a Turkish prison.
    The Kurds in Iran and Iraq rule their local areas unlike in Turkey and Syria. There is infighting with the different factions of Kurds.

The entire area is screwed, we should never have gotten into bed with the PPK in Syria (hey it almost worked when we sponsored the Taliban agin the Russkies). Somewhere along the line we even danced cheek to cheek with Al Qaida.

Walk away and let NATO/ Mideastern countries deal with it.

We would understand it better if they changed their name to Turds and sought Turdsitan. Sorry Buffer

https://www.middleeasteye.net/fr/news/kurds-2135687288
  • Options
    GDSGDS Member Posts: 1,470
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Trump just pointed out that the Kurds didn't help us at Normandy as an excuse for abandoning them to be slaughtered by the Turks. Great and unmatched wisdom.....
  • Options
    RubberfistRubberfist Member Posts: 1,373
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    GDS said:

Trump just pointed out that the Kurds didn't help us at Normandy as an excuse for abandoning them to be slaughtered by the Turks. Great and unmatched wisdom.....

Maybe it wasn’t such a good idea to put a complete moron in the White House.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,026
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    HHusky said:

When we did that how precisely?

When Soros's oil company and equipment would have lost a huge sum of money by getting all their equipment snatched in the chaos. He simply asked Obama for help.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    No one gives a single fuck aboht that hellhole part of the world. fuck all of them
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,723
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Are they dead yet?
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

No one gives a single fuck aboht that hellhole part of the world. fuck all of them

The republicans in Congress are “no one?”
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,723
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Republicans?

Those guys are fags
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I like fried Kurds. Lemon Kurds, Also Kurds and whey.