Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Kurds

Comments

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,753
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

GDS said:

Agreeing with essentially all our military advisors that keeping a small contingent in Northern Syria to help the Kurds and ensure the 11k ISIS fighters captured and detained remain detained is now considered “pro-war”? FS

We could execute all of them. Problem solved.
    The people we're abandoning hold the prisoners. We don't.
    I guess they figure out what to do with them then. Maybe Turkish bombs will settle that.
    salemcoog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

We'll see how it plays out. I'm not for abandoning allies. Problem here is they're both allies. Seems Trump's told Turkey there will be consequences if the they jump in. So we're to stay forever? The anti-war crowd is now pro war because they're anti Trump? TDS is very real.

Right. Daddy will destroy the Turkish economy on twitter.

We're there. People can argue about whether we should have been there, but that's the fact. As Colin Powell said to W about our military adventures, "You break it, you bought it."
    And Simone has to yet us out. Short of executing 60k Isis trash there isn't much we can do. They'll be let go eventually and will go back to raping and pillaging. That's why they make drones.
    It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to know how you gals would be howling if a Democrat had ever done anything this reckless.
    Welp. It was the toothless recklessness that got us in there in the first place, so there’s that.

And it would only take a WaPo or NYT article on how the poor ISIS were being abused in captivity for your team to demand release of them anyway.

But Trumps the bad guy. Not the country invading.
    You're not really conversant in the facts of this situation, obviously.
    dnc said:

Trusting Turkey with the ISIS fighters seems foolish as hell. Their "ally" status is always day to day.

That said, "Fighting between various groups that has been going on for hundreds of years. USA should never have been in Middle East" is as true as anything any American politician has said in years.

I don't love this move but I don't pretend to know what the best thing.

Fuck the Middle East.

The status quo wasn’t getting civilians bombarded by a modern military.

Poor Turkey. Now Daddy, in his infinite wisdom, is going to destroy their economy.
    Wtf is the status quo in the Middle East? Pre Trump? Pre US intervention?

I don’t know how anyone could even pretend to know what the status quo in the Middle East looks like, other than war and bloodshed.
    He’s a Union lawyer, He knows all.
  • Options
    GDSGDS Member Posts: 1,470
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited October 2019
    HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

GDS said:

Agreeing with essentially all our military advisors that keeping a small contingent in Northern Syria to help the Kurds and ensure the 11k ISIS fighters captured and detained remain detained is now considered “pro-war”? FS

I guess they figure out what to do with them then. Maybe Turkish bombs will settle that.
    salemcoog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

We'll see how it plays out. I'm not for abandoning allies. Problem here is they're both allies. Seems Trump's told Turkey there will be consequences if the they jump in. So we're to stay forever? The anti-war crowd is now pro war because they're anti Trump? TDS is very real.

We're there. People can argue about whether we should have been there, but that's the fact. As Colin Powell said to W about our military adventures, "You break it, you bought it."
    And Simone has to yet us out. Short of executing 60k Isis trash there isn't much we can do. They'll be let go eventually and will go back to raping and pillaging. That's why they make drones.
    It doesn't take a rocket surgeon to know how you gals would be howling if a Democrat had ever done anything this reckless.
    Welp. It was the toothless recklessness that got us in there in the first place, so there’s that.

And it would only take a WaPo or NYT article on how the poor ISIS were being abused in captivity for your team to demand release of them anyway.

dnc said:

Trusting Turkey with the ISIS fighters seems foolish as hell. Their "ally" status is always day to day.

That said, "Fighting between various groups that has been going on for hundreds of years. USA should never have been in Middle East" is as true as anything any American politician has said in years.

Fuck the Middle East.

Poor Turkey. Now Daddy, in his infinite wisdom, is going to destroy their economy.
    Great and unmatched. Cmon we need to stay on Dear Leaders talking points.

Dear Leader played 18 holes yesterday and somehow carded 19 hole in ones!
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,562
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

GDS said:

salemcoog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

dnc said:

Fuck the Middle East.

I don’t know how anyone could even pretend to know what the status quo in the Middle East looks like, other than war and bloodshed.
    Been that way forever and worse since mooselimbdom.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Sledog said:

dnc said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

GDS said:

salemcoog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

dnc said:

Fuck the Middle East.

I’m not sure it’s actually any worse under Islam.

It’s been jacked forever, probably will be jacked forever.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,284
    salemcoog said:

dnc said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

GDS said:

salemcoog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

dnc said:

Fuck the Middle East.

He’s a Union lawyer, He knows all.
    Oh fuck. This explains so much.

Acceptance of corruption, elitism within the ranks, no regard for economic realities.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,433
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Sledog said:

dnc said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

GDS said:

salemcoog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

dnc said:

Fuck the Middle East.

As one who thought it was a neat idea to make the Middle East safe for democracy I eventually came to the same conclusion

Leaving our troops as targets is a stupid plan that the left used to agree with me on

I took a tremendous amount of shit for backing the endless wars.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,284

dnc said:

Sledog said:

dnc said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

GDS said:

salemcoog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

dnc said:

Fuck the Middle East.

As one who thought it was a neat idea to make the Middle East safe for democracy I eventually came to the same conclusion

Leaving our troops as targets is a stupid plan that the left used to agree with me on

Endless wars need to end.

Our? defense spending is absurd. The country should have far better infrastructure and educational systems in place than we are currently (not) funding.
  • Options
    HardlyClothedHardlyClothed Member Posts: 937
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

dnc said:

Sledog said:

dnc said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

GDS said:

salemcoog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

dnc said:

Fuck the Middle East.

Instead of being a dodgy prick just answer whether you think it’s good and smart to enable the slaughter of the Kurds by a fascistic country that flooded Syria with jihadis at the outset of the civil war and has a history of genocide. Is removing our handful of troops that were preventing this smart or not?

I’m against our post 9/11 forever war and the ever expanding military industrial complex. But the Kurds are the good guys in the region who are fighting for secular democratic government and did the heavy lifting taking ISIS territory in Syria. Stationing a few hundred troops in Syria to prevent their slaughter by the Turkish army is a small price to pay.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Turkey is in NATO

We've fucked the Kurds for decades

I'd kick Turkey out
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,562
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I think the better question is why is NATO allowing this to happen? What fucking good are they?
  • Options
    Trump’s actions in Syria are not anti-NATO or anti-DC militarism groupthink. Trump piggies really are dense.
  • Options
    And yet you’re defending Trump and supporting the slaughter of the Kurds with voodoo logic that he’s somehow against the forever war.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

And yet you’re defending Trump and supporting the slaughter of the Kurds with voodoo logic that he’s somehow against the forever war.
    You're selective outrage is selective

Fuck off
  • Options
    You still haven’t answered whether you think Trump’s actions were correct. I won’t hold my breath.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

You still haven’t answered whether you think Trump’s actions were correct. I won’t hold my breath.

I did too

I support his actions

Bring everyone home. We aren't there to win. No more human targets

There are all sorts of people getting fucked in the mid east including those fucked by your precious Iranian Mullahs

You don't give a shit
  • Options
    Is it good we’re fucking over the Kurds or not? Take a position. All you’ve offered is “we’ve fucked over the kurds for decades”. Does that make enabling their slaughter Ok? Yes or no.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    How many times do you want the same answer?

• Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,472
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    GDS said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

GDS said:

salemcoog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

dnc said:

Fuck the Middle East.

Great and unmatched. Cmon we need to stay on Dear Leaders talking points.

Dear Leader played 18 holes yesterday and somehow carded 19 hole in ones!
    I gave him a promotion.