Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

this team would be better with Pete in an advisory role

PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,292 Swaye's Wigwam
edited October 2019 in Hardcore Husky Board
And Kwat or Lake as the head coach

Despite the defense sucking they still held Stanford to 23.

Stanford had one of the worst defense in the fucking country and held us to 13. With a fucking 5 star NFL QB, NFL lineman, NFL TEs and probably some NFL RBs too

I would be so fucking pissed if I was a defensive coach. Year after year, great defensive efforts are squandered.

Change the offense or step down Pete. You dont know shit about defense and your offense is bad. Just manage the day to day practice schedule

Comments

• Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,680
    Can Pete be impeached?
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,314 Swaye's Wigwam
    I said it a week ago

Cohen to SC
    Pete as AD
    Lake as HC
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,292 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2019

Kwat or Lake? The guys whose defense just got obliterated by a limping Stanford team? Earlier this board was sucking Jimmy Smith's dick, and now we're slobbering the knobs of the two guys who are at the helm of this fast sinking shithole of a defense?

Jesus fucking Christ some of you guys are getting pathetic trying to grasp for answers here. Pete is all we're getting. If he doesn't figure his shit out we either stick with him and embrace the lukewarm seasons of never being good enough, or we hire someone else who will in all likelihood be another Sark retread giving us the occasional recruiting sizzle and dazzling Holiday Bowl win.

They held Stanford to 23 points despite all that. The last 4 years we have not lost a game due to the defense. Every single game has been becuase the offense sucks
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,292 Swaye's Wigwam

Just bend over and take it. Petersen isn’t going anywhere. If you think the uw is going to fire a guy who has been to 3 NY6 bowls in the last three years and won the pac 12 2 of the last 3 years you don’t know UW. Remember, this is the place that destroyed Don James and let a coach spiral to 0-12. Petersen is at uw as long as he wants to be. Simple fact. Most big money donors and fans are delighted with him.

No one is saying he is going anywhere. Im using hyperbole to point out how fucking stupid it is that Petersen wont build an identity on offense other than being soft. Hope this helps
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,160

Kwat or Lake? The guys whose defense just got obliterated by a limping Stanford team? Earlier this board was sucking Jimmy Smith's dick, and now we're slobbering the knobs of the two guys who are at the helm of this fast sinking shithole of a defense?

Jesus fucking Christ some of you guys are getting pathetic trying to grasp for answers here. Pete is all we're getting. If he doesn't figure his shit out we either stick with him and embrace the lukewarm seasons of never being good enough, or we hire someone else who will in all likelihood be another Sark retread giving us the occasional recruiting sizzle and dazzling Holiday Bowl win.

They held Stanford to 23 points despite all that. The last 4 years we have not lost a game due to the defense. Every single game has been becuase the offense sucks
    I don't know how you can watch that game and argue that our defense was anything better than abysmal.

Stanford only scored 23 points because they didn't need any more than that. They converted any first down they wanted, racked up yards, and kept the ball out of our offense's hands. They had 40 minutes TOP compared to our 20. And when you factor in that we were playing against a backup QB with a second string OL, I'm not sure how you can grade the defense as anything above an F.

And no, the defense absolutely contributed to us losing our last two major bowl games. That unit has been on a slow decline for awhile, and Saturday was the bottom finally falling out.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,789

Just bend over and take it. Petersen isn’t going anywhere. If you think the uw is going to fire a guy who has been to 3 NY6 bowls in the last three years and won the pac 12 2 of the last 3 years you don’t know UW. Remember, this is the place that destroyed Don James and let a coach spiral to 0-12. Petersen is at uw as long as he wants to be. Simple fact. Most big money donors and fans are delighted with him.

Sometimes I wonder why I even bother caring. We are a blind squirrel school.
    edited October 2019

The problem might be that Pete is in too much of an advisory role.

Nope. The offense has sucked since 2011. He rund it, common denominator is Pete. They run the same soft bubble screen bullshit no matter who the OC is.

As @RoadDawg55 said, Pete is enamored with the x and o aspect and refuses to just fucking man handle the enemy
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I don't know how you can watch that game and argue that our defense was anything better than abysmal.

Stanford only scored 23 points because they didn't need any more than that. They converted any first down they wanted, racked up yards, and kept the ball out of our offense's hands. They had 40 minutes TOP compared to our 20. And when you factor in that we were playing against a backup QB with a second string OL, I'm not sure how you can grade the defense as anything above an F.

And no, the defense absolutely contributed to us losing our last two major bowl games. That unit has been on a slow decline for awhile, and Saturday was the bottom finally falling out.
    Yeah I can’t agree with this. It’s not like they were up multiple scores most of the game and just milking the lead. They didn’t go up two score until there were eight minutes left and the one drive they had after that failed when they could advance after first and 20.

The two times they settled for fgs when they should have gone for tds were early, they weren’t settling for less because they needed less but because Shaw is ultra conservative.

UWs defense gave up 23 points. That’s more than they should have. But it’s a lot closer to reasonable than the offense scoring 13.
  • bigccbigcc Member Posts: 895

Can Pete be impeached?

Yes, but despite the numerous offenses he's made to support it, he'll weasel his way through
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,699 Swaye's Wigwam

And Kwat or Lake as the head coach

Despite the defense sucking they still held Stanford to 23.

Stanford had one of the worst defense in the fucking country and held us to 13. With a fucking 5 star NFL QB, NFL lineman, NFL TEs and probably some NFL RBs too

I would be so fucking pissed if I was a defensive coach. Year after year, great defensive efforts are squandered.

Change the offense or step down Pete. You dont know shit about defense and your offense is bad. Just manage the day to day practice schedule

In my mind that’s what the CEO (coach) does. Oversee everything and the daily shit but let your managers manager and manage them to be better managers of their people.

I don’t understand peterman.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,699 Swaye's Wigwam

I fucking hate both of these posts because they are right BUT I don’t want to just deal with it so I’m going to continue to bitch like my voice and opinion matters.

3/3... sorry.