Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Year 6

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,495 Founders Club

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,968 Founders Club

So, in another 11 years we? will go undefeated.

Down with the Great Satan!!
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,968 Founders Club

I flew home from Hawaii for the Oregon game

The Navy game was the only game shown in Hawaii that season

I flew to LA for the Rose Bowl

Zero for three

From my vantage point as someone too young to have followed the Dawgs back then, it seems like the highs of Years 1- 6 where significantly better than that of Pete Year 1- 6, but the lows were lower.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,495 Founders Club

Zero for three

From my vantage point as someone too young to have followed the Dawgs back then, it seems like the highs of Years 1- 6 where significantly better than that of Pete Year 1- 6, but the lows were lower.
    Yes this is true. We played 4 inter sectional games every year and beat some big fish

Beating USC meant something

He had three titles in his first 7 years with the first two being a rebuild job, so he won three Pac 10 titles in 5 years.

Then blew two more in the Apple Cup the next two years. Speaking of lows.

If you give Pete the first two years then he is at 2 titles in three years and could of should of made it 3 out of 4 this year IMO

He can still hit 3 of 5 next year
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,717
    Meek said:

fucking Stanford had 60,000 in attendance while our home crowd never hit 50,000. Interesting tims.

The North upper deck had not been installed yet.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,545 Founders Club
    I don't know if I'm ready to put the Doog helmet back on, but the two teams we lost to are almost guaranteed to lose again. That means running the table and watching Oregon drop one gets us back to the shitty rosebowl.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,397 Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

I don't know if I'm ready to put the Doog helmet back on, but the two teams we lost to are almost guaranteed to lose again. That means running the table and watching Oregon drop one gets us back to the shitty rosebowl.

Even at the time this wasn't lost on me. That said, I refuse to get my hopes up until they beat Oregon and Oregon does their usual meltdown in October.

Until then, I'm rooting for a Shitty Holiday bowl bc I'd go to that bc it won't cost me anything. No way am I traveling for an Alamo.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346

Meek said:

fucking Stanford had 60,000 in attendance while our home crowd never hit 50,000. Interesting tims.

The North upper deck had not been installed yet.

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,964

Zero for three

Damn. That was a bad run old man.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,397 Swaye's Wigwam

Whomever wins the Pac 12 had better hope that Ohio State doesn't have a brain fart and winds up in the Rose Bowl with one loss. They look very, very good and would spank the living shit out of any team that would win this conference.

Wisconsin or Penn State are looking like they will take the PAC 12 CAHMP! to the shed as well. Onto the Holiday Bowl!
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    Oregon can lose to Washington and still go to the PAC championship. But I don't see Oregon losing to this Husky skwad.
    edited October 2019

Whomever wins the Pac 12 had better hope that Ohio State doesn't have a brain fart and winds up in the Rose Bowl with one loss. They look very, very good and would spank the living shit out of any team that would win this conference.

Wisconsin or Penn State are looking like they will take the PAC 12 CAHMP! to the shed as well. Onto the Holiday Bowl!
    Two paper tigers. Both will be out of the top 15 at the end of season. Rose Bowl doesn't mean much anymore. And I'm sure most PAC 12 fans are sick and tired of having to play the crappy Big 10 runner up every year instead of good teams from other conferences, like the SEC.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309

Two paper tigers. Both will be out of the top 15 at the end of season. Rose Bowl doesn't mean much anymore. And I'm sure most PAC 12 fans are sick and tired of having to play the crappy Big 10 runner up every year instead of good teams from other conferences, like the SEC.
    We? are that crappy conference.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Looks like just another NY6 loss. Yawn.

We? are that crappy conference.
    No, there's just more parity in this conference than the others. ACC is total trash, so is the Big 10 and the Big 12. Their worst teams are worse than the PAC 12's worst teams. Their middle of the road teams would lost most of their games to our middle of the road teams.