Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

UW & Adidas rant

Comments

• huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,318 Swaye's Wigwam
    jecornel said:

Also if apparel is your reason not to go to games, please stop going.

I had mentioned the desire to update the wardrobe. I don't go to the game for clothing but I would like to wear purple to the game that will also suffice for the weather conditions in the fall and winter. Is that asking too much?????

Damone, did you see Adidas pitch to get the biz? Nuff said.
    Finding purple cold weather gear is not hard. UW bookstore has been selling cold weather and water proof jackets from Columbia and Nike for years. I'm pretty certain a UW alumni membership gets a discount at Columbia.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726

All I want is that track jacket they showed during the first rollout and apparently it's not for sale to the public.

Completely reasonable!
  • JustWinNowJustWinNow Member Posts: 357
    edited September 2019

I completely co-sign on @Beno4Life’s post.

I love the Adidas uniform designs. They knocked that out of the park. A+.

Everything else they have completely botched, and I know now Adidas gives zero fucks about making UW *fans* happy.

I’ve made my peace with that now, and I encourage everyone to do the same.

It is a shame though, I had high hopes for this partnership.

I agree to the above statement but have to also add that we are now in what it is called swag and fuck boy territory.

Adidas will make gear that maybe we will like maybe not but it will be very limited releases to make it a hot commodity so it’s sells out makes numbers look good. The shoes will be something every shoe fuck boy wants for a collection that is not a UW fans collection or a bot some Russian fuck uses to sell the shoes later with a crazy mark up. The same fuckers that make Yeezys , Pharrells and limited edition ultraboost sell out in seconds are the ones that took our boosts. So I'm used to losing out on some shoes here and there but to lose out some UW boosts. That was the worst. I want the shoes I'll get some but I hate paying mark up. Fucken Adidas!!!

PS: Jaime.

Wendy's is garbage. But that Jr bacon cheeseburger is legit. The only thing worth ordering on the menu. You got to get on that!
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,355 Swaye's Wigwam

Everything else they have completely botched, and I know now Adidas gives zero fucks about making UW *fans* happy.

I agree to the above statement but have to also add that we are now in what it is called swag and fuck boy territory.

Adidas will make gear that maybe we will like maybe not but it will be very limited releases to make it a hot commodity so it’s sells out makes numbers look good. The shoes will be something every shoe fuck boy wants for a collection that is not a UW fans collection or a bot some Russian fuck uses to sell the shoes later with a crazy mark up. The same fuckers that make Yeezys , Pharrells and limited edition ultraboost sell out in seconds are the ones that took our boosts. So I'm used to losing out on some shoes here and there but to lose out some UW boosts. That was the worst. I want the shoes I'll get some but I hate paying mark up. Fucken Adidas!!!

Wendy's is garbage. But that Jr bacon cheeseburger is legit. The only thing worth ordering on the menu. You got to get on that!
    Wendys is amazing and better than Dicks. By a lot.
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,356
    Until we have PANT STRIPES!!!!! I am not buying anything.

I saved up enough vintage shit from the 90's to last a lifetim
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,895 Swaye's Wigwam

Who makes a burger with square patties? Fuck that.
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,356
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,494 Swaye's Wigwam
    I could give a flying fuck what Adidas' clothes or shoes are like and how available they are. If they make something good and make it available and I need some game day gear, I might buy it. If not, I'll buy something else. Either way, the program got a metric fuckton of money, and the kids seem to like the affiliation. I mean, if Adidas wants to spend over a hundred million dollars without cashing in on the fan base to the fullest potential, that's no skin off my sack.
  • JustWinNowJustWinNow Member Posts: 357

PGOS.

I have never been to Dicks but next time I'm up on Seattle I try and find one to try it out. Also my bad the burger I think is pretty good is the son of the baconator not the Jr bacon cheeseburger.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,774 Founders Club
    Do they make sweatpants with reinforced crotch or maybe a scotch guard coating? If not they don't respect or cater to the loud minority of their fan base.

#crotchandscotch
    #filth
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,302 Founders Club
    jecornel said:

Yes, I don't like the rollout. It has been atrocious. The pop-up stores within the stadium sell Champion clothing. That's right Champion. Did Champion pay 130 million to have their clothes in there? The clothing store person said they only sell the Adidas gear in the main store. Well, that main store has a ridiculous line to get in to and is stuffed with junk. You can hardly move around in there because of all the random stuff and all the Adidas junk is in the back. They make like three decent options while the rest is hot garbage.
    Back to the pop-up tent clerk. They go on about Adidas keeping quantity low to make it exclusive apparel and UW has to place an order a year in advance. Okay, so your fans can wear all that old swoosh gear that has looked like crap for 5+ plus years? The fans can buy Champion stuff instead?

This ultra boost hot garbage is for middle school boys, and yes we all still want to be middle-schoolers....I get it..... How about you make enough of the shoe for most people that want throw money into a fire? Why not make apparel to replace the Nike swag? Why not make a nice fall/winter jacket? Since most of the season is in shitty weather. Why not make a really nice full zip PURPLE hoodie? IT'S GREY!!!!! GREY!!

Cohen is great because she handed out cheap shirts? The student section gets supposedly 50 shirts in the 4th quarter? This is the launch party????? A Wendy's barge? Disgusting!

I set aside some dough to update the Husky wardrobe, guess I will spend the extra money not on Husky tickets or clothing.

What total choke job. Why would you not want your fans sporting the new brand???? Oh, wait? I know. Look at this

• LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,280
    Wendy’s is the best national chain and it’s not even close. Move to a shit euro cuntry and you’ll appreciate things like the spicy chicken sandwich or a JrBC.

Dicks could have had a barge and the whole city would have shut down, but they didn’t
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    jecornel said:

Yes, I don't like the rollout. It has been atrocious. The pop-up stores within the stadium sell Champion clothing. That's right Champion. Did Champion pay 130 million to have their clothes in there? The clothing store person said they only sell the Adidas gear in the main store. Well, that main store has a ridiculous line to get in to and is stuffed with junk. You can hardly move around in there because of all the random stuff and all the Adidas junk is in the back. They make like three decent options while the rest is hot garbage.
    Back to the pop-up tent clerk. They go on about Adidas keeping quantity low to make it exclusive apparel and UW has to place an order a year in advance. Okay, so your fans can wear all that old swoosh gear that has looked like crap for 5+ plus years? The fans can buy Champion stuff instead?

This ultra boost hot garbage is for middle school boys, and yes we all still want to be middle-schoolers....I get it..... How about you make enough of the shoe for most people that want throw money into a fire? Why not make apparel to replace the Nike swag? Why not make a nice fall/winter jacket? Since most of the season is in shitty weather. Why not make a really nice full zip PURPLE hoodie? IT'S GREY!!!!! GREY!!

Cohen is great because she handed out cheap shirts? The student section gets supposedly 50 shirts in the 4th quarter? This is the launch party????? A Wendy's barge? Disgusting!

I set aside some dough to update the Husky wardrobe, guess I will spend the extra money not on Husky tickets or clothing.

What total choke job. Why would you not want your fans sporting the new brand???? Oh, wait? I know. Look at this

I actually like the purple shirt.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,279 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2019
    PurpleJ said:

jecornel said:

Have any of you ever launched a new appeal sponsorship at the college level? Most of you haven’t even done it at the middle school level. Until you have, you’re a bunch of know it alls who hide behind a keyboard behind a fake name. You all don’t have the GUTS to say it to Jens FACE!

Jen doesn't CARE! She doesn't live in the world of EVERYTHING MATTERS!

Tech capital of the world. Don't you think you would offer free WiFi in the stadium and at least food ordering to your seat??? Nope.
    I want a massage parlor in the bathrooms.
    Pretty crowded in the 300 level bathrooms. I just lean back and gyrate.

Adidas launch party and store selection were very underwhelming.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,352 Founders Club

This is the dumbest shit you have ever said.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,352 Founders Club
    I am not taking this in stride like most of you. I have added Adidas to my devastate list. Scalping begins soon. I hate them. The UltraBoosts shit was the gayest thing I've ever seen. They are my personal enemy now. I burned every piece of Adidas gear I had in a huge bonfire out back. I hate Germans anyway. This just cements it.