Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

UW & Adidas rant

Yes, I don't like the rollout. It has been atrocious. The pop-up stores within the stadium sell Champion clothing. That's right Champion. Did Champion pay 130 million to have their clothes in there? The clothing store person said they only sell the Adidas gear in the main store. Well, that main store has a ridiculous line to get in to and is stuffed with junk. You can hardly move around in there because of all the random stuff and all the Adidas junk is in the back. They make like three decent options while the rest is hot garbage.
Back to the pop-up tent clerk. They go on about Adidas keeping quantity low to make it exclusive apparel and UW has to place an order a year in advance. Okay, so your fans can wear all that old swoosh gear that has looked like crap for 5+ plus years? The fans can buy Champion stuff instead?

This ultra boost hot garbage is for middle school boys, and yes we all still want to be middle-schoolers....I get it..... How about you make enough of the shoe for most people that want throw money into a fire? Why not make apparel to replace the Nike swag? Why not make a nice fall/winter jacket? Since most of the season is in shitty weather. Why not make a really nice full zip PURPLE hoodie? IT'S GREY!!!!! GREY!!

Cohen is great because she handed out cheap shirts? The student section gets supposedly 50 shirts in the 4th quarter? This is the launch party????? A Wendy's barge? Disgusting!

I set aside some dough to update the Husky wardrobe, guess I will spend the extra money not on Husky tickets or clothing.

What total choke job. Why would you not want your fans sporting the new brand???? Oh, wait? I know. Look at this

Comments

• Postal91Postal91 Member Posts: 1,792
    PurpleJ said:

Just body paint yourself with krylon next time. It’s cheaper and you can get a nice buzz of the fumes.

Be sure to use an oil based poly to get, and keep, the shine
  • NLdawgNLdawg Member Posts: 53
    I stopped at the launch party. Total joke. I expected a wider and more diverse roll out. That said, the stuff I’ve bought (2 polos, a hat, and a sweater) is nice.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,841 Founders Club
    I don’t like the pants. I liked the shiny ones that matched the helmets back in the day.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    Beno4Life said:

I hate to bitch about this since I usually reserve that for Pete’s offense and try not to go down the DDY marketing sucks blvd, but here you go:

1. My family and I have been season ticket holders since 1989. I own two pairs of Ultra Boosts for my running shoes. Love them. Why not offer season ticket holders a discount or advance purchase of these purple and gold shoes? I’ve signed up for every twitter mention and in-game jazz, adidas has all my info, and nada.

2. The Adidas apparel thus far is not good. Super limited options. Say what you will about Nike, but they updated their stuff every year, even producing a bunch of vintage gear, ie panting Dawg logo Ts.

3. I’ve been looking forward to the Launch Party when they announced it, telling myself to be patient with the roll-our since Cohen, who I think is great, said it was going to be “special.” Sadly, it was the exact opposite. A ridiculously long line for a gray hoody? That’s it? That’s what you’re promoting to 70,000 fans in an effort for a sell-out?

Just bummed, man. Husky fans are dying for an eager apparel partner to act like a partner and make cool shit for the fans to get them even more pumped. And it’s been way below average thus far.

At least the purple unis look great. That’s he only positive I got.

I totally agree on all fronts. My only differing point is Cohen.

The Uni's do look solid on TV. How about a throwback game and do a clothing launch with it of old school stuff?

Though, give me these gold pants!

• huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,318 Swaye's Wigwam
    IMO, the champion stuff looks better. Honestly you should tweet this shit out with your real name, not tbs handle. The roll out has been very underwhelming. After seeing the roll out his summer, I had a suspicion the event yesterday would be much of the same. Sad part, from an apparel standpoint, I think Nike was just starting to 'get it.'
    Also if apparel is your reason not to go to games, please stop going.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    Never been so happy to be unfashionable

Also if apparel is your reason not to go to games, please stop going.

I had mentioned the desire to update the wardrobe. I don't go to the game for clothing but I would like to wear purple to the game that will also suffice for the weather conditions in the fall and winter. Is that asking too much?????

Damone, did you see Adidas pitch to get the biz? Nuff said.

Have any of you ever launched a new appeal sponsorship at the college level? Most of you haven’t even done it at the middle school level. Until you have, you’re a bunch of know it alls who hide behind a keyboard behind a fake name. You all don’t have the GUTS to say it to Jens FACE!

I've never met Jen, and I'd have no problems saying to her face. But if I did meet Jen, it'd be pretty hard not to say it to her tits.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,841 Founders Club
    Nike just picked up Liverpool FC pending a lawsuit by their former supplier, New Balance.

LeBron is going to be an ambassador for us. Swoosh life bitches!

OK!

Jr Bacon Cheeseburgers are legit.

Alright. I will have to give it a shot. Haven't eaten Wendy's in 20 years probably.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    jecornel said:

Have any of you ever launched a new appeal sponsorship at the college level? Most of you haven’t even done it at the middle school level. Until you have, you’re a bunch of know it alls who hide behind a keyboard behind a fake name. You all don’t have the GUTS to say it to Jens FACE!

Jen doesn't CARE! She doesn't live in the world of EVERYTHING MATTERS!

Tech capital of the world. Don't you think you would offer free WiFi in the stadium and at least food ordering to your seat??? Nope.
    Are you new?
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,110
    All I want is that track jacket they showed during the first rollout and apparently it's not for sale to the public.