Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Apple Cup... what I’m hearing

2»

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,977 Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Just got off the phone with my cloud seeding guy. He advised me not to rule out the possibility of a blizzard this year.

I wish I had a cloud seeding guy. I doubt even Grundle has a cloud seeding guy.
    What if Grundle is the cloud seeding guy?

I bet even @MikeDamone never thought of THAT!
    He sells toilets. A 3rd party installs them or converts them into planes.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Just got off the phone with my cloud seeding guy. He advised me not to rule out the possibility of a blizzard this year.

I wish I had a cloud seeding guy. I doubt even Grundle has a cloud seeding guy.
    What if Grundle is the cloud seeding guy?

I bet even @MikeDamone never thought of THAT!
    He sells toilets. A 3rd party installs them or converts them into planes.
    Correct. I can even sell them sinks
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member Posts: 2,912
    SECDAWG said:

PurpleJ said:

It’s colder than a witch’s tit in s brass bra today.

My dad grew up on a farm in N Dakota, so every time lil J would complain about being cold he would quip back with YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT COLD IS and I would shut up real quick. Tuff German farmers that would SMASH your FACE in. Anyways, I found out years later that his parents didn’t have electricity so now I tease him for being an electricity having boomer bitch and we laugh and laugh. Then he challenges me to mortal combat and I tell him I don’t want to be responsible for his death. CSB.
    Dunno bout all that but killed a many of good Mule deer and Whitetail in North and South Dakota. And when we were there, fukn rivers would freeze so hard we could drive Duramax diesels across and never break through.

Had one blizzard so hard it broke every light pole that wasn’t wood in half. But was our best year killing....

That picture is more like 1968 North Dakota SEC
  • SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004

SECDAWG said:

PurpleJ said:

My dad grew up on a farm in N Dakota, so every time lil J would complain about being cold he would quip back with YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT COLD IS and I would shut up real quick. Tuff German farmers that would SMASH your FACE in. Anyways, I found out years later that his parents didn’t have electricity so now I tease him for being an electricity having boomer bitch and we laugh and laugh. Then he challenges me to mortal combat and I tell him I don’t want to be responsible for his death. CSB.
    Dunno bout all that but killed a many of good Mule deer and Whitetail in North and South Dakota. And when we were there, fukn rivers would freeze so hard we could drive Duramax diesels across and never break through.

Had one blizzard so hard it broke every light pole that wasn’t wood in half. But was our best year killing....

Good Gawd, 2008 SD. Old phone pic.

Hard to beat some Mustard greens, purple hull/speckled butter beans with salt meat pork and some present day bacon wrapped Jimmie dean/Philadelphia cheese stuffed venison back straps.

But I may have some from that Era...
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member Posts: 2,912
    SECDAWG said:

SECDAWG said:

PurpleJ said:

Good Gawd, 2008 SD. Old phone pic.

Hard to beat some Mustard greens, purple hull/speckled butter beans with salt meat pork and some present day bacon wrapped Jimmie dean/Philadelphia cheese stuffed venison back straps.

But I may have some from that Era...
    Looks good for venison. Prefer elk but I will take a venison roast over elk or beef.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,861
    Worried about u j
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,586 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2019
    Haven't given a thought to the apple cup since last late November.
  • minion_doogminion_doog Member Posts: 1,996

PurpleJ said:

Fair warning. This dude is so badass that he will make you question your masculinity. His cabin still stands 35 years after his death, meaning he built it well enough to keep the bears out.

My brother permanently annihilated my masculinity when I asked him what he was doing one weekend and his response was, completely seriously, “bow hunting cougars on horseback.”
    Dick Proenneke hunted badger from his hands and knees with a blueberry plucking fork