Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

More on what a great idea this latest attempt was

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,555
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
A defiant President Trump said during a press conference in New York Wednesday that he wants "full transparency" not only over the "so-called whistleblower" allegations leveled against him, but also "from Joe Biden and his son Hunter on the millions of dollars that have been quickly and easily taken out of Ukraine and China."

Trump additionally demanded "transparency from Democrats who went to Ukraine and attempted to force the new president ... to do things that they wanted under the form of political threat. They threatened him if he didn't do things -- now that's what they're accusing me of, but I didn't do it."

The aggressive move signaled that the White House would seek to turn the tables against Democrats who have initiated an impeachment inquiry, following the whistleblower's complaint that Trump had improperly pressured Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky to investigate Biden. Zelensky, speaking across from Trump just an hour earlier, told reporters he did not feel "pushed" at all in his conversations with the president.

Earlier in the day, the White House released a transcript of Trump's July call with Zelensky, showing Trump sought a review of Biden family dealings in the country. But the transcript also did not demonstrate that Trump leveraged military aid to Ukraine to obtain a "promise" on a Biden investigation, as a widely cited report in The Washington Post had claimed.

At the press conference, Trump specifically called attention to a little-discussed CNN report from May, which described how Democratic Sens. Robert Menendez, Dick Durbin, and Patrick Leahy pushed Ukraine’s top prosecutor not to close four investigations perceived as critical to then-Special Counsel Robert Mueller's Russia probe -- and, by Democrats' current logic, seemingly implied that their support for U.S. aid to Ukraine was at stake.

"The Democrats have done what they're accusing me of doing," Trump said.

https://foxnews.com/politics/trump-holds-presser-amid-explosive-transcript-release-dems-impeachment-push

Comments

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Now just so hondo doesn't get confused, I am saying that it is a great idea to impeach Trump and I am not mad at all about it

Who are you kidding? You're blue in the face arguing against impeachment.
  • Options
    GDSGDS Member Posts: 1,470
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Ben Sasse after reading the whistleblower complaint...Republicans ought not to be rushing to circle the wagons to say there’s no there there when there’s obviously lots that’s very troubling there...uhoh.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    GDS said:

Ben Sasse after reading the whistleblower complaint...Republicans ought not to be rushing to circle the wagons to say there’s no there there when there’s obviously lots that’s very troubling there...uhoh.

I'll wait until I can read it myself, and anyone who witnessed your jackass dance over the phone conversation the last 36 hours would be wise to do the same.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    GDS said:

From the whistle blower who didn't hear the call that we have a transcript of that showed nothing there?

You ok Scott? I have some nice beach front property in Nebraska that you can buy and take a walk on to get some perspective
  • Options
    Dude61Dude61 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,227
    Swaye's Wigwam

I do not support impeachment of President Trump. I have just read the whistleblower complaint made available to House Intelligence Committee Members. I believe strongly in transparency and it should be immediately declassified and made public for the American people to read.

— Elise Stefanik (@EliseStefanik) September 25, 2019
    Why don't we declassify the complaint and see what is says?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.) said Wednesday that a whistleblower complaint concerning a call between President Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky contained “lots that’s very troubling,” warning his GOP colleagues not to dismiss it.

“Republicans ought not to be rushing to circle the wagons to say there’s no there there when there’s obviously lots that’s very troubling here,” Sasse said after reviewing the complaint, according to an NBC News reporter. “The administration ought not be attacking the whistleblower as some talking points suggest they plan to do.”

However, Sasse also castigated the media and House Democrats who have announced an impeachment inquiry based on the whistleblower complaint, saying “Democrats ought not to be using the word impeach before they have the whistleblower complaint or before they read any of the transcript.”

Sounds like old news and smells of desperation on the part of team hondo
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    SFGbob said:

GDS said:

I'll wait until I can read it myself, and anyone who witnessed your jackass dance over the phone conversation the last 36 hours would be wise to do the same.
    No one translates into the language of dumbfuckery like you GayBob. Trumptards await your upcoming dance. Faster GayBob! Faster’
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

GDS said:

The memo released today summarizing the call was far worse then I could have imagined. Let's hope the complaint gets declassified and released in it's entirety so we can all see what according to Sasse is so very troubling.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    GDS said:

SFGbob said:

GDS said:

The memo released today summarizing the call was far worse then I could have imagined. Let's hope the complaint gets declassified and released in it's entirety so we can all see what according to Sasse is so very troubling.
    Yes, yes, far, far worse that's why it had none of the things you were predicting in it.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2019
    GDS said:

SFGbob said:

GDS said:

What do you think the WORST thing you heard today is?
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

GDS said:

SFGbob said:

GDS said:

Yes, yes, far, far worse that's why it had none of the things you were predicting in it.
    Can you go ahead and post what I predicted was in the memo summarizing the call? I'll take your reply off the air...
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    President threaten to withhold $$$ unless they agreed to investigate Biden. Mentioned 8 times Biden and the need to investigate him and his son. Quid pro quo was clear and obvious. All of that was what we were told was in the transcript that Trump was stonewalling and hiding from the Rats.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

President threaten to withhold $$$ unless they agreed to investigate Biden. Mentioned 8 times Biden and the need to investigate him and his son. Quid pro quo was clear and obvious. All of that was what we were told was in the transcript that Trump was stonewalling and hiding from the Rats.

I predicted all of that was in the memo summarizing the phone call? Should be easy to post the link to my post then. Standing by.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    GDS said:

SFGbob said:

I predicted all of that was in the memo summarizing the phone call? Should be easy to post the link to my post then. Standing by.
    A president who is withholding military aid from a country repeatedly pressuring said country to reopen a closed investigation on the family of his political rival for political purposes is the definition of abuse of power.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

GDS said:

SFGbob said:

A president who is withholding military aid from a country repeatedly pressuring said country to reopen a closed investigation on the family of his political rival for political purposes is the definition of abuse of power.
    No link? Probably because I didn't predict the memo summarizing the call contained that. But that post is certainly still true. We know Trump was witholding military aid. We also saw in the memo released today summarizing the call that Trump was pressuring Ukraine to reopen an investigation about Biden. You going to post a link or just admit you were wrong (aka as you would call it a lie)?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    GDS said:

SFGbob said:

I'd be looking for a rabbit hole too if I was you

• Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,214
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

GDS said:

SFGbob said:

You and blob should get a room.
  • Options

GDS said:

SFGbob said:

Your pal Blob is struggling here...can you help him out?