Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Cooking Update

124»

Comments

• Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Mad_Son said:

dflea said:

Mad_Son said:

dflea said:

dflea said:

animate said:

carbonara ... delicious shit.

any particular recipe you used?

Pretty much just made it up on the fly:

2 eggs and 4 extra egg yolks
    Freshly grated parmesan cheese, like a cup, probably more though. I add a ton of it at the end when I’m mixing everything.
    Freshly chopped garlic, as much as you can handle. I like a lot. Throw it in the pan at the last minute as the bacon finishes cooking. Don’t burn it.
    8 pieces of thick cut bacon, chopped into quarter inch pieces, don’t over cook. Don’t want super crispy bacon.
    Shit load of parsley finely chopped. This and the parmesan add a great herbal/earthy flavor profile.
    Red pepper flakes. More than you think you’ll need. The heat balances out the other flavor components. Goes great with the white wine too.
    White wine. Just use something cheap. I used a nice bottle, which is pretty wasteful for cooking. Adds great flavor though.
    Extra virgin olive oil to augment the bacon fat as needed (dump in all the bacon grease, don’t be a bitch). I only needed a touch.
    Salt and pepper to taste
    Linguine noodles

You could sub/add lemon juice with the white wine for acidity. I just didn’t have any on hand. You’re gonna want the white wine to drink with this meal anyways.

Holy shit.

I'm hoping to bonk a coho tomorrow and grill that fucker up for the game. I'm thinking your fud sounds a bit better than that. And I could get up later.

Hmm.
    Do u think about anything but fish

What about crab

And I mean real crab, md blues in old Bay steamed alive
    Yes. But it's peak salmon time for the next several weeks, so you gotta make hay while the sun is shining. I'm also a huge crab fan. Dungeness crabs - way better than any blue crab, IMO. You can keep 5 Dungies per person per day during the season, so I usually eat 2 whole crabs when I get home, then vacuum pack the others for later use. If you freeze crab, it's still pretty good, but I use it for fritters and crab dip of it's been frozen - only fresh crab for dipping in butter.

I need about 4 or 5 fish to smoke, another couple to cut up and freeze, and then I'll keep one here and there to peel off for friends and other dumbasses that can't catch fish. Crab season is closed now - but razor clamming is coming up. That means combo salmon and razor clam trips for the next couple months.

Add in Husky football, and you can see why fall rules all other seasons around here, IMO. Sunny weather, but not too hot. Crisp fall mornings catching salmon and watching the Dawgs. Fuck yeah!

Didn't read most of this but Dungeness >> blue crab
    That was really the only important part.
    Actually I just finished reading the rest of your post and jizzed. Fuck that is good stuff.
    I'll be here all week.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    dflea said:

dflea said:

animate said:

Freshly grated parmesan cheese, like a cup, probably more though. I add a ton of it at the end when I’m mixing everything.
    Freshly chopped garlic, as much as you can handle. I like a lot. Throw it in the pan at the last minute as the bacon finishes cooking. Don’t burn it.
    8 pieces of thick cut bacon, chopped into quarter inch pieces, don’t over cook. Don’t want super crispy bacon.
    Shit load of parsley finely chopped. This and the parmesan add a great herbal/earthy flavor profile.
    Red pepper flakes. More than you think you’ll need. The heat balances out the other flavor components. Goes great with the white wine too.
    White wine. Just use something cheap. I used a nice bottle, which is pretty wasteful for cooking. Adds great flavor though.
    Extra virgin olive oil to augment the bacon fat as needed (dump in all the bacon grease, don’t be a bitch). I only needed a touch.
    Salt and pepper to taste
    Linguine noodles

You could sub/add lemon juice with the white wine for acidity. I just didn’t have any on hand. You’re gonna want the white wine to drink with this meal anyways.

Holy shit.

I'm hoping to bonk a coho tomorrow and grill that fucker up for the game. I'm thinking your fud sounds a bit better than that. And I could get up later.

Hmm.

What about crab

Yes. But it's peak salmon time for the next several weeks, so you gotta make hay while the sun is shining. I'm also a huge crab fan. Dungeness crabs - way better than any blue crab, IMO. You can keep 5 Dungies per person per day during the season, so I usually eat 2 whole crabs when I get home, then vacuum pack the others for later use. If you freeze crab, it's still pretty good, but I use it for fritters and crab dip of it's been frozen - only fresh crab for dipping in butter.

I need about 4 or 5 fish to smoke, another couple to cut up and freeze, and then I'll keep one here and there to peel off for friends and other dumbasses that can't catch fish. Crab season is closed now - but razor clamming is coming up. That means combo salmon and razor clam trips for the next couple months.

Add in Husky football, and you can see why fall rules all other seasons around here, IMO. Sunny weather, but not too hot. Crisp fall mornings catching salmon and watching the Dawgs. Fuck yeah!

Fall is best season. No doubt
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,637
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I don't like Italians in general

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,637
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

animate said:

Salt and pepper to taste
    Linguine noodles

So you didn’t put your mushroom in the cream sauce?
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    Come to hardcore husky for the football, abuse and bad behavior.

Stay for the cooking advice and recipes.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,691
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dflea said:

dflea said:

animate said:

Salt and pepper to taste
    Linguine noodles

Holy shit.

Hmm.

What about crab

I did an annual fall trip on the peninsula for a few years. The best time by far was at Kalaloch. Drifting the Queets or Hoh during the day then late night clamming a short stagger from the camp. Really bountiful trips those were.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,661
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    dflea said:

dflea said:

animate said:

Salt and pepper to taste
    Linguine noodles

Holy shit.

Hmm.

What about crab

I got about three sentences in and realized we can't be friends.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221

dflea said:

dflea said:

animate said:

Salt and pepper to taste
    Linguine noodles

Holy shit.

Hmm.

What about crab

I got about three sentences in and realized we can't be friends.
    Get a blue crab and a Dungeness crab. Eat them both. No need to come back and tell anyone you were wrong, but you'll know that you are.

Then holler at me next time you're in the area and we'll go get fucked up and eat seafood.

I fished for about 7 hours yesterday and never got a bite. I'm taking tomorrow off to fish again, so I'm hoping I can unfuck myself and bring home the bacon this time. It's not good for my ego to come home empty-handed like that.

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,801
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    I

Italian food is for fags

That's a fair perspective when Olive Garden is the only Italian food the greater Phoenix area has to offer.
    I laughed but Olive Garden is good. I ate at their sister establish, known as Red Lobster, tonight.
    Christ. It is dog food garbage.
    I’m not an elitist like you. I think it’s good and reliable.

Italian food is for fags

That's a fair perspective when Olive Garden is the only Italian food the greater Phoenix area has to offer.
    I laughed but Olive Garden is good. I ate at their sister establish, known as Red Lobster, tonight.
    For generic shit it's fine and does the job. Soup salad and breadsticks is amazing when hungover
    ...or half-baked like @backthepack.
    I’m always full baked like I am right now. This thread made me hungry and I ordered food on uber eats from the local mid-tier italian place. So my wallet and gut say fuck you to freeme
  • Options

Italian food is for fags

Italian food is for fags

For generic shit it's fine and does the job. Soup salad and breadsticks is amazing when hungover
    BTP is the type of dude to be like "bro i smoked an ounce and drank 2 fifths last weekend"

Then he takes 2 hits off a blunt "bro im too fucking high right now"
    YRYK
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,562
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I lived in Baltmer (Baltimore for people from outside Baltmer) and the blue crab is good but not dungey good. They use it to make crab imperial which is then stuffed into a soft shell blue crab. I used to eat a place called Schultzy's and have soft shell blue crab sandwich (CLT instead of BLT) with a bowl of crab bisque.

Still not as good as Dungeness but has its place
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    PurpleJ said:

I

Italian food is for fags

Italian food is for fags

I’m always full baked like I am right now. This thread made me hungry and I ordered food on uber eats from the local mid-tier italian place. So my wallet and gut say fuck you to freeme
    I had to sell weed and hustle people on craigslist to pay for my takeout in college. This new generation is sooooooo entitled.
    I worked a $25 an hour labor job all summer, stfu pussy.

I work at a bitch fast food restaurant a few times a week because i’m not smart enough to sell weed to fucking hs kids