Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Cooking Update

Comments

• Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Italian food is for fags

That's a fair perspective when Olive Garden is the only Italian food the greater Phoenix area has to offer.
    http://www.pizzeriabianco.com/

Maybe you say pizza isn't Italian, but Tomaso's and Avanti are plenty fine Italian restaurants. Phoenix is a fucking mob town... git outta heah.

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,669
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Italian food is for fags

That's a fair perspective when Olive Garden is the only Italian food the greater Phoenix area has to offer.
    I laughed but Olive Garden is good. I ate at their sister establish, known as Red Lobster, tonight.
    Christ. It is dog food garbage.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,634
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Italian food is for fags

I laughed but Olive Garden is good. I ate at their sister establish, known as Red Lobster, tonight.
    Hold the fuck on

Olive garden is twash. Red lobster is surprisingly okay

I went there with my Gramps before he died because old people like shitty midwestern chains

I was pleasantly surprised.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,194
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Italian food is for fags

Check your white privilege at the door please

Actually I agree
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,700
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I don't like Italians in general

We hate you too faggot

We're not. Fucking honkey
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    carbonara ... delicious shit.

any particular recipe you used?
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,495
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Italian food is for fags

I’m not an elitist like you. I think it’s good and reliable.

Italian food is for fags

I’m not an elitist like you. I think it’s good and reliable.
    For generic shit it's fine and does the job. Soup salad and breadsticks is amazing when hungover
    ...or half-baked like @backthepack.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333

animate said:

Pretty much just made it up on the fly:

2 eggs and 4 extra egg yolks
    Freshly grated parmesan cheese, like a cup, probably more though. I add a ton of it at the end when I’m mixing everything.
    Freshly chopped garlic, as much as you can handle. I like a lot. Throw it in the pan at the last minute as the bacon finishes cooking. Don’t burn it.
    8 pieces of thick cut bacon, chopped into quarter inch pieces, don’t over cook. Don’t want super crispy bacon.
    Shit load of parsley finely chopped. This and the parmesan add a great herbal/earthy flavor profile.
    Red pepper flakes. More than you think you’ll need. The heat balances out the other flavor components. Goes great with the white wine too.
    White wine. Just use something cheap. I used a nice bottle, which is pretty wasteful for cooking. Adds great flavor though.
    Extra virgin olive oil to augment the bacon fat as needed (dump in all the bacon grease, don’t be a bitch). I only needed a touch.
    Salt and pepper to taste
    Linguine noodles

You could sub/add lemon juice with the white wine for acidity. I just didn’t have any on hand. You’re gonna want the white wine to drink with this meal anyways.

Easy there Emeril
    Welcome to Flavortown, USA
    https://youtu.be/ELPKuKvo44k
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231

animate said:

Pretty much just made it up on the fly:

2 eggs and 4 extra egg yolks
    Freshly grated parmesan cheese, like a cup, probably more though. I add a ton of it at the end when I’m mixing everything.
    Freshly chopped garlic, as much as you can handle. I like a lot. Throw it in the pan at the last minute as the bacon finishes cooking. Don’t burn it.
    8 pieces of thick cut bacon, chopped into quarter inch pieces, don’t over cook. Don’t want super crispy bacon.
    Shit load of parsley finely chopped. This and the parmesan add a great herbal/earthy flavor profile.
    Red pepper flakes. More than you think you’ll need. The heat balances out the other flavor components. Goes great with the white wine too.
    White wine. Just use something cheap. I used a nice bottle, which is pretty wasteful for cooking. Adds great flavor though.
    Extra virgin olive oil to augment the bacon fat as needed (dump in all the bacon grease, don’t be a bitch). I only needed a touch.
    Salt and pepper to taste
    Linguine noodles

You could sub/add lemon juice with the white wine for acidity. I just didn’t have any on hand. You’re gonna want the white wine to drink with this meal anyways.

Goddamn. I'm hungry. Fuck you! (Scampers off to find easy to eat carbs...)