Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pool Boy most likely struck out

Comments

• Options
    Hearing chatter that it's going to be Nuss tomorrow. What is Beatmychest going to say when Pool Boy fucks up and hires Nuss? What is Road Dawg going to say?

Been trying to warn you guys all week.
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2013
    May be possible that Petersen accepted and doesn't want his team to learn via soc. media. If it really is between him and Nuss, Petersen.

• Options
    PatHadenFSPatHadenFS Member Posts: 542
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Up Votes

One does not simply hire Chris Peterson. Their AD aint' fucking around.
  • Options
    It's going to be Nuss bet that is announced tomorrow. He interviewed Nuss, had a last second interview to convince Petersen, Petersen said no. He'll announce Nuss tomorrow.

Pool Boy struck out again.
  • Options
    DeepPurpleDeepPurple Member Posts: 201
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Testing 1
    edited December 2013

Just accept it's going to be Nuss and UW football continues to be dead since June of 2003.

UW football died before 2003. It was on it's deathbed in 2002.
  • Options

Just accept it's going to be Nuss and UW football continues to be dead since June of 2003.

UW football died before 2003. It was on it's deathbed in 2002.
    Disagree, June 2003 was the official death of Husky Football.

It was struck with a disease in August of 1993.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,372
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    New scenario: Woody announces he's going to wait until after the bowl game to make decision. Great intrigue ensues. Could it be a bigger name than anyone ever dreamed? Tui wins Fight Hunger Bowl (after gaining another 10 pounds ironically). Woody shoots wad, hires Tui before the Samoan can shake Mendenhall's hand at midfield.

Orgeron hired as special assistant. After 30 minutes on campus, dies.
  • Options
    Him hiring Tui would be hilarious since he was only supposed to be the interim guy.

It would resemble how Pool Boy got his job. Remember? He was only supposed to be an interim AD for a month which turned into 9 then he became just the AD by default.
  • Options
    Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,648
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Yeah, Petersen is going to fly on over to Seattle tonight you stupid fucks. Ever think that maybe CP could have accepted the job and then went home to eat a roast and pound his wife right in the giner with a 5 million dollar peter?

Everybody is a member of the press now. Fuck off

Him not flying back isn't why we are saying Pool Boy fucked up. It's the fact this meeting lasted only 90 minutes which is incredibly short for such a life changing decision.
    That is full of naive assumptions. We don't know what transpired before or during the meeting. Shit, maybe Woodward hand delivered the contract with a handsome signing bonus.

Don't let your contempt for Woodward rob us of any hope he makes a decent hire. Calling Peter a doog seems misdirected. The real pain I see here is that we mostly want the same thing (UW footall excellence), have continued doubts about everything involving the program's future, and are fucking exasperated by it all.

Until a poor or unacceptable coaching announcement is made, I will LIPO.
    This.

Time is the guy who said pool boy is interviewing Petersen just so he can say he tried. Pretty ridiculous. Of course Petersen is the first choice. More likely would be that pool boy doesn't have the gravitas to reel him in.

I'm trying to talk myself into it. Feldman reported that Petersen wanted to start looking after last year. Cowherd who some said was right all along about Sark, tweeted that prominent coach would accept if UW offered. We've been punched in the dick repeatedly for 20 years so at this point I'm numb to the pain. Won't hurt if I'm wrong.

Whatever Petersen decided, he's probably sleeping on it.
    It's obvious Petersen is looking to get out, I don't recall him ever interviewing with another school. He's been rumored for several but actually interviewing? I can't recall.

However, Pool Boy is in over his head. He can't close shit. He can hire fucktards like Sark and soon to be Nuss because he can relate to them as he is also incompetent at his job.

He can't convince a Mora or a Petersen though. They can see through his bullshit and can see that he is a man without a plan, that he is fucking clueless and has no direction at all. They don't want to coach for a guy like that and quite frankly I don't blame them.
    I would think if he offered Mora $4M and Petersen $3.5M, that would be plan enough. He admits to not knowing much about football. I would think this would suit somebody like Petersen because he has the experience and ability to build a strong program if left alone. Woodward didn't make a good decision hiring Sark, but wasn't that mostly Emmert? Woodward has demonstrated commitment to the program by investing in the facilities.

I think he gets this one right. Time, if you want to take credit by being able to proclaim you were right, I couldn't care less. I am just not ready to entertain another intern as HC.

Given were we were just Sunday night, then the news of Sark leaving, and now a chance to make more than incremental progress with a decent or better hiring decision, I am hoping, irrationally, there is some love in the universe for the UW football program.
  • Options
    I have lost all faith in Pool Boy and for that matter the Huskies. Betting against the Huskies doing something right or smart has been the easiest bet in the past decade.

What have they shown to make you think any differently?
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    The scenario of pool boy flying to Boise to change his mind is very plausible.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    pool boy can't close. nobody wants to work for him. steak knives guy at best. is there someone at UW who can actually fire his ass?
  • Options

I have lost all faith in Pool Boy and for that matter the Huskies. Betting against the Huskies doing something right or smart has been the easiest bet in the past decade.

What have they shown to make you think any differently?

Nothing. May appear trite and cliche, but tis the season for believing. I don't intend this as an insult. It was unbelievable that USC relieved us of Sark.

Can't explain any better than I am holding out hope one last time.
  • Options
    USC being fucktarded isn't UW doing something right. If anything it proved that Pool Boy can't hang onto a coach and he can't hire an established head coach in two tries now.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,372
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We really are one sorry beaten bitch.
  • Options

USC being fucktarded isn't UW doing something right. If anything it proved that Pool Boy can't hang onto a coach and he can't hire an established head coach in two tries now.

No arguing that. But, UW benefited from another party's incompetence. Hoping we benefit from another "accident." I am usually very cynical and am no Pollyanna, but just this once.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Also who the fuck was the woman with Pool Boy? Did he really think he can lure Petersen by bringing some skank? This isn't Sark anymore there gotta step up your game and know your audience.

pressing

• Options
    dnc said:

Also who the fuck was the woman with Pool Boy? Did he really think he can lure Petersen by bringing some skank? This isn't Sark anymore there gotta step up your game and know your audience.

pressing

I actually was curious who the Woman was and what her purpose was.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

dnc said:

pressing

I actually was curious who the Woman was and what her purpose was.
    Fluffer.