Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Which Hardcore Husky poster should we be most worried about?

Comments

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,437 Swaye's Wigwam
    MisterEm said:

@MisterEm going HAM tonight.

If you've bled for UW (any sport), graduated from UW, and store titanium rods in your joints free of charge for UW, you've earned the right to talk shit to the chess club recruiting board fist pounders.

They couldn't handle a week of off season practices or rehab for any sport, yet have no problem waxing poetically about what is needed to compete and charging $12.95/mo for the insight.

That's why @YellowSnow has my utmost respect, even when we disagree. He GETS the student athlete life in D1.

Helps "try hard doogs" imo.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,028 Founders Club
    PurpleJ
    MisterEm said:

If you've bled for UW (any sport), graduated from UW, and store titanium rods in your joints free of charge for UW, you've earned the right to talk shit to the chess club recruiting board fist pounders.

They couldn't handle a week of off season practices or rehab for any sport, yet have no problem waxing poetically about what is needed to compete and charging $12.95/mo for the insight.

That's why @YellowSnow has my utmost respect, even when we disagree. He GETS the student athlete life in D1.

Jocks > Noyds POTY.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,667 Standard Supporter

@Doog_de_Jour

I looked for a .gif of a woman in the ocean being circled by sharks, but couldn't find one. Being the lone woman on a football forum is about as dangerous as being Britain Covey in a sea of purple. @Swaye knows what I mean.

We actually have a handful of women who post at least semi regularly. But your point is well taken.
    Seems there used to be, but none of the others have posted in some time unless they're keeping it in the Tug.
    Just because you think every regular on here is a dude doesn't mean that a few of them aren't actually ladies.
    And then there's Baze.

You don't know how to quit me.
    You down with OPP?

Yeah, you know me.....

PurpleJ
    Gladstone said:

MisterEm said:

You are better than this, Em.

This is the same logic that has doogs say things like 'you didn't coach CFB, you can't criticize the coach'

I guess I can't criticize restaurants, I'm not a chef. Or Uber drivers. Or...

How does this post have any chins, let alone 10? And what does any of that have to do with TBS evaluations?
    It’s seemed for a while that Team TBS and Team anti-TBS are talking in circles. Personally, I try to stick to the macro element of TBS vs the Micro. It’s less stressful this way.
  • Gladstone said:

MisterEm said:

This is the same logic that has doogs say things like 'you didn't coach CFB, you can't criticize the coach'

How does this post have any chins, let alone 10? And what does any of that have to do with TBS evaluations?
    It’s seemed for a while that Team TBS and Team anti-TBS are talking in circles. Personally, I try to stick to the macro element of TBS vs the Micro. It’s less stressful this way.
    I just like pizza
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    PurpleJ
    Gladstone said:

MisterEm said:

Agree with this. Former players say stupid shit all the time. Derek had an interview on here with a former UW player that actually attributed Oregon’s success to their assistant coaches. Those same guys sucked once Helfrich was the head coach.

There are tons of successful coaches and GM’s that were marginal players or that didn’t even play past high school. Not sure what my point is, but making predictions and “evaluating” is part of the fun for TBSers.
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    DJDuck

Gladstone said:

MisterEm said:

I tell you why I chinned, although it doesn't really apply to you Gladdy. You come across as a pretty decent dude, can't pretend to know you though. I enjoy both "camps" represented here.

Dennis has collectively or even individually call a good 81% of poasters here stupid, ignorant, or worse. As I've said elsewhere, I mostly enjoy Dennis's hyperbolic schtick and haven't taken (most) of it too seriously. As a fagoot hollowman who contributes nothing 75% of the time, I was spared more of that, but I've watched it happen. Usually entertaining.

In the midst of someone getting blasted into down vote oblivion, Dennis once rose to that person's defense, saying at least he had an opinion. That's what I felt @MisterEm was doing. He has an opinion and is pushing back against... something. Not sure what exactly, but he's passionate about it. Plus I find message bored conflict sorta funny.

I'd like Dennis, Coker, Gladdy and others still engaged in the daily, nay, hourly kumite on HCH. Nothing lasts forever.

Personally, I wish nothing but best for the BD2W crüe. The vibe there isn't super compelling to me personally, but I enjoy lurking a couple times a day. You all seem to be offering something that a certain audience appreciates. I do find it disconcerting that Dennis isn't calling more BD2W poasters stupid. Get a case of the bends betwixt here Dennis and there Dennis. I know the earnestness must grate on him from tim to tim.

I wrote way too much on message board bullshit.

Co-sign on all of this.
    PurpleJ

Gladstone said:

MisterEm said:

I tell you why I chinned, although it doesn't really apply to you Gladdy. You come across as a pretty decent dude, can't pretend to know you though. I enjoy both "camps" represented here.

Dennis has collectively or even individually call a good 81% of poasters here stupid, ignorant, or worse. As I've said elsewhere, I mostly enjoy Dennis's hyperbolic schtick and haven't taken (most) of it too seriously. As a fagoot hollowman who contributes nothing 75% of the time, I was spared more of that, but I've watched it happen. Usually entertaining.

In the midst of someone getting blasted into down vote oblivion, Dennis once rose to that person's defense, saying at least he had an opinion. That's what I felt @MisterEm was doing. He has an opinion and is pushing back against... something. Not sure what exactly, but he's passionate about it. Plus I find message bored conflict sorta funny.

I'd like Dennis, Coker, Gladdy and others still engaged in the daily, nay, hourly kumite on HCH. Nothing lasts forever.

Personally, I wish nothing but best for the BD2W crüe. The vibe there isn't super compelling to me personally, but I enjoy lurking a couple times a day. You all seem to be offering something that a certain audience appreciates. I do find it disconcerting that Dennis isn't calling more BD2W poasters stupid. Get a case of the bends betwixt here Dennis and there Dennis. I know the earnestness must grate on him from tim to tim.

I wrote way too much on message board bullshit.
    The DDY earnestness is killing me. I need the abuse.
    PurpleJ

Gladstone said:

MisterEm said:

Agree with this. Former players say stupid shit all the time. Derek had an interview on here with a former UW player that actually attributed Oregon’s success to their assistant coaches. Those same guys sucked once Helfrich was the head coach.

There are tons of successful coaches and GM’s that were marginal players or that didn’t even play past high school. Not sure what my point is, but making predictions and “evaluating” is part of the fun for TBSers.

Like “welcome back to college football, Washington”?
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,860
    PurpleJ
    This thread is full of fucking GDIs
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,523 Founders Club
    PurpleJ
    DJDuck leads with 29% of the vote.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,010 Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

MisterEm said:

Yes and by this logic any dumbass is qualified to give an opinion on any subject. Which is true, but it doesn’t mean anyone has to respect said dumbass opinion.