Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Yang Gang 2020

ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
I’ve been away, what’s the feeling around this shit hole towards Andrew Yang?

Comments

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Cornell likes him so I’m out.
  • Options
    Chris Cornell is dead
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    The fake half brain/Race Bannons son/James Cornell.
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dnc said:

Big fan here

I like him a lot as well
  • Options

The fake half brain/Race Bannons son/James Cornell.

He also likes the Huskies. I’m not convinced this is the divining rod you’re making it out to be.
  • Options
    I read his book this weekend. I recommend it to anyone that wants to know more.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,810
    I yanged off furiously this morning.

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Did u finish
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I'd be seriously intrigued by him if he wasn't anti-2A. From his website:

GOALS
    Create a common sense licensing policy, requiring investment and safety precautions
    Prevent dangerous individuals from owning guns
    Ban the manufacture, sale, and transfer of weapons and accessories that make it easier for individuals to commit mass shootings
    Enhance mental health resources available to people who need help
    Provide deescalation training and mental health professionals to law enforcement agencies to prevent interactions from becoming deadly

So yeah, I liked him until that trash.
  • Options
    edited September 2019

Did u finish
    Yeah, you know me....

Downtown with a discount.
  • Options
    Swaye said:

GOALS
    Create a common sense licensing policy, requiring investment and safety precautions
    Ban the manufacture, sale, and transfer of weapons and accessories that make it easier for individuals to commit mass shootings
    Provide deescalation training and mental health professionals to law enforcement agencies to prevent interactions from becoming deadly

His primary economic vision will help lift up all Americans, which I firmly believe will reduce the occurrence of mass shootings. It’s the economic distress faced by entire sectors and communities that is leading to the degradation of society, feelings of hopelessness, and acts of criminality. He’s not coming for our guns.
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,953
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    Who wouldn’t like somebody that wants to steal from the poor to pay the middle class?
  • Options

Swaye said:

GOALS

His primary economic vision will help lift up all Americans, which I firmly believe will reduce the occurrence of mass shootings. It’s the economic distress faced by entire sectors and communities that is leading to the degradation of society, feelings of hopelessness, and acts of criminality. He’s not coming for our guns.
    Yang is a bit of a visionary - he's right on the money with regards to the shifting of the American economy from one of muscles to one of brains. Millions are going to be out of work in the next 15 years due to advances in robotics, driverless vehicles and AI.

Unfortunately, that warning doesn't fit with the Identify Politics playbook. The Central Party will do what they can to ignore it.

The Throbber doesn't like UBI at all. Period. There has to be a quid pro quo. You want your $1000 per month? Serve at a soup kitchen 10 hours per month. Pick up litter in a national/state park for 2 days each month. Whatever. Just do something of value besides refreshing the browser to see whether the $1K direct deposit hit. Anything. But free shit for nothing is part of what got us? here in the first place.

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,708

Swaye said:

GOALS

It's the lack of parenting which leads to so many things bad that is the root of this problem. Of course some are encouraged not to have a father to get a bigger chunk of gooberment cheese............
  • Options
    Sledog said:

Swaye said:

GOALS

It's the lack of parenting which leads to so many things bad that is the root of this problem. Of course some are encouraged not to have a father to get a bigger chunk of gooberment cheese............
    In order to get UBI, you have to opt out of the other programs that are inefficient are full of bureaucratic bloat. Any small government type should LOVE it.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,879
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Unfortunately leftards lie and love to be lied to. UBI will be supplemental not a replacement. Just will make the US more of a world welfare magnet.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    Standard Supporter

Swaye said:

GOALS

Yang is a bit of a visionary - he's right on the money with regards to the shifting of the American economy from one of muscles to one of brains. Millions are going to be out of work in the next 15 years due to advances in robotics, driverless vehicles and AI.

Unfortunately, that warning doesn't fit with the Identify Politics playbook. The Central Party will do what they can to ignore it.

The Throbber doesn't like UBI at all. Period. There has to be a quid pro quo. You want your $1000 per month? Serve at a soup kitchen 10 hours per month. Pick up litter in a national/state park for 2 days each month. Whatever. Just do something of value besides refreshing the browser to see whether the $1K direct deposit hit. Anything. But free shit for nothing is part of what got us? here in the first place.

This is one of my biggest issues with the whole “free college” or UBI plans...nothing is free, someone always picks up the check. Who pays or how much is always up for debate, but there’s something psychologically powerful about chipping in even a small amount of money (or time in the case of volunteering)...I feel it gives people a sense of ownership which in turn leads to a greater sense of responsibility.
  • Options
    edited September 2019

Unfortunately leftards lie and love to be lied to. UBI will be supplemental not a replacement. Just will make the US more of a world welfare magnet.

Again, don't necessarily have a massive problem for the $1000 subsidy per month. But it comes with a performance clause.

Sitting around doing jack shit and then getting rewarded isn't good for 6 year olds, for teenagers, for the elderly. Get the fuck up and do something.