Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Went to my first game at Husky Stadium since 2007

Comments

• biak1biak1 Member Posts: 4,091

biak1 said:

biak1 said:

If you ain’t going to Tipsy Cow and getting a Chuckanut Pilsner I don’t know what to tell you.

CSB time: Several years ago, I was at the Triumph dealership (now defunct) in Bellingham test-riding a bike. I'm shooting the shit with the owner, and he mentions that life is good, as there's a brewery going in next door. So I walk down there, and they're getting the place ready. There's a big banner for "grand opening Saturday," but it's still Wednesday. The owner sees us gawking and comes out to talk to us. Tells us that they're still getting ready, but they may be done early and to check back tomorrow. So we did, and were the second group seated in the place's history.

Food was amazing. Beer was hot dogshit. Got the sampler, and I could see through the stout! They all tasted the same and bland. They got WAY better overtime as they got their feet under them.
    Owner's name was Howard. Tall guy, great stories, spit a lot when he talked. The Triumph mothership ran him out of business because they wanted him to have a "pretty shop" like Harley dealers these days. Fucking dumb.
    Oh I know. Howard is the shit. Like Tim at CS, he's one of those Bellingham motorcycle scene mainstays. I got the whole story from him a few years later. I think he's still open but only doing service these days. Then again, I haven't checked in in a few years.
    I'd be surprised if he was still there, thought he was going to retire out. Good for him if so. Thought the nearest store was in Mt. Vernon.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club

RedRocket said:

Nice shades. Gucci?

Fuck you! Maui Jims
    I just picked up a set of Maui Jims yesterday. I knew we were soulmates.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,812 Swaye's Wigwam

The video ribbon wasn't the problem. The non-stop music being pumped in to cater to the people with short attention span got old... and that MC douchebag by the student section should DIAFF.

I'm just old and grumpy.

Anyway, didn't eat anything at the stadium. Saved myself for The Bine. The beer was the pFriem pilsner - very nice.

I just checked my bank account i spent $45 bucks on fucking food. Seriously wtf.
    Could’ve been worse. At least you didn’t throw up said $45 in food.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,812 Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

RedRocket said:

Nice shades. Gucci?

Fuck you! Maui Jims
    I just picked up a set of Maui Jims yesterday. I knew we were soulmates.
    How many boxes of cigars and watches did you also buy?
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 5,028

The video ribbon wasn't the problem. The non-stop music being pumped in to cater to the people with short attention span got old... and that MC douchebag by the student section should DIAFF.

Welcome to every college football stadium in the country
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,206
    What cracks me up about the endless, blaring music is that a large part of the demographic that enjoys it either can't afford to go to the games or don't care about football.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,009 Founders Club

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Who won the chevron races? Fire truck hopefully.

ANSWER THE FUCKING QUESTION!!!!!!
    I don't know!
    FUCK YOU FUCKING TERRORIST FUCKING FUCK
    PurpleJ still struggles to express affection
    I AM PETTING MY CAT RIGHT NOW AND SHE SAYS I AM A VERY AFFECTIONATE PRINCESS!!!!! LUV AND CHERISH U DEREK YOU HURTFUL FUCK!!!!! 😻🐈🙀
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,539 Swaye's Wigwam
    MisterEm said:

Swaye said:

@1to392831weretaken since you mentioned Triumph, I thought you might like my latest purchase. I got it one week ago today.

2019 Ducati Supersport S

It had only 2 miles on it when I rode off from the dealership.

I have mixed emotions here. I love that you got this bike. But, this bike is what cost you the shot at the exceedingly difficult to get Rolex I found for you last week. Ducati. Rolex. Easy choice for me because I would kill myself on the Ducati.
    Mixed emotions as well. Sold my 996 cati after 2nd kid. Also, after watching my employee die from an old Lexus SUV on a free left turn. Wife was in my truck towing the race car in front of our group of 3 riders. Oldest Kid saw me performing CPR but it was a waste. Helmet flew off and he was dead before he hit the pavement. Just had his first kid.... my bike was sold before I knew it.

I was a big proponent of never riding alone. "They will see you!!," I said...Now I only ride on a track....on a client's bike like a beta bitch. Still dont trust anyone.

About 18 months later, lady got a reduced charge to wreckless endangerment from vehicular manslaughter. Community service and 5 years probation.

Speed, booze, or drugs not a factor. I think she was on her phone or messing with something in her car but cannot prove it.

If you're on a bike on the street, everyone and everything is trying to kill you.
    Swaye said:

MisterEm said:

Swaye said:

@1to392831weretaken since you mentioned Triumph, I thought you might like my latest purchase. I got it one week ago today.

2019 Ducati Supersport S

I have mixed emotions here. I love that you got this bike. But, this bike is what cost you the shot at the exceedingly difficult to get Rolex I found for you last week. Ducati. Rolex. Easy choice for me because I would kill myself on the Ducati.
    Mixed emotions as well. Sold my 996 cati after 2nd kid. Also, after watching my employee die from an old Lexus SUV on a free left turn. Wife was in my truck towing the race car in front of our group of 3 riders. Oldest Kid saw me performing CPR but it was a waste. Helmet flew off and he was dead before he hit the pavement. Just had his first kid.... my bike was sold before I knew it.

I was a big proponent of never riding alone. "They will see you!!," I said...Now I only ride on a track....on a client's bike like a beta bitch. Still dont trust anyone.

About 18 months later, lady got a reduced charge to wreckless endangerment from vehicular manslaughter. Community service and 5 years probation.

Speed, booze, or drugs not a factor. I think she was on her phone or messing with something in her car but cannot prove it.

If you're on a bike on the street, everyone and everything is trying to kill you.
    I sold my Harley V-Rod recently after the 3rd near miss of a deer at highway speed and about the 10th grandma turning right out in front of me on a farm road. I figure with all the night carrier landings, aircraft near misses, AIDS scares, fights and sluts who want to knife me, adding motorcycles to the mix would be what finally kills me.

I raced dirtbikes as a kid, as one of my Dad's was really into motorcycle racing. So I literally grew up around bikes. But after many years of riding them on the street there have just been way to many close calls even when not hot dogging. Everything is trying to kill you on a motorcycle. Everything.
    I tried keeping this to the PMs to not derail the thread, but since more than just me seems to be onboard with the hawt bike talk, I'm right there with you guys. Although I've had four crashes at the track (which is pretty good for how much time I've spent out there), I've only crashed once on the street, with zero harm to myself. That being said, after the "EVERYTHING IS AWESOME!" high of being a new rider wore off and street riding became more routine (took about three years), things slowed down enough for me to start actually noticing the dangers around that I'd been previously ignoring due to having too much fun. Things like, "Huh, I never noticed that power pole right outside the apex of my favorite turn."

So that, coupled with the legal constraints of riding on public roads (when first gear gets you to 104 mph, what's the point of the other five?), led to me giving up asphalt riding altogether and sticking to dirt riding. After a couple of years of that, they built the Ridge, and I couldn't stay away from that, so back to the track. That I've got north of $25K tied up in a bike that I ride a half dozen times a year does NOT sit will with the Mrs...

I've got a backyard track that I ride around with my kids on, five turns and a couple of decent jumps. Throw them in front of me on a little KLX110 and rail it! That little no-power thing is my favorite bike I own, as you can wring its neck and get away with it. Makes me think if I ever did ride on the streets again it would be on something like a scooter or a Grom or something like that I could just fuck around on.

Also, @PurpleBaze, I know you're all geared up already, but as you replace things, I HIGHLY recommend:
    Bell helmets. Only street brand right now integrating MIPS liners, so they protect against rotational energy (highly likely) as well as the direct impacts (less likely) that every other helmet is good for. Best bang for buck, too, IMO. Their photochromatic shield is expensive but totally works.
    Held gloves. Made in Germany and fucking awesome. Stingray leather abrasion zones, kangaroo palms, full guantlet. No other company offers the kind of fit customization as well, with both half sizes and multiple finger lengths available in every size. Went from A* top of the line GP Techs, and the second tier Helds are night and day better in every way. I ordered from Sportbiketrackgear, as they let me buy three pairs, choose the one that fit, and ship the other two back at no charge.

Most everything else is pretty personal, but I think those are the two areas (helmet and gloves) where I've been through a LOT of options and really found one that's a step up.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,764 Founders Club
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,539 Swaye's Wigwam

I don't give 2 shits about the faggy uniform hot talk, but in person I thought they looked really good.

Ty Jones had the cast off with just some small splint on his thumb.

Danny Hammer non-suited, what's deal with that?

Bandes is a big round body, but he looked pretty decent on his couple snaps.
    In the LPT post-game podcast, both Fatters and Ektard were adamant that neither Bandes nor Tuitele played. Even though they both were in the participation chart and, you know, played.
    Batting 1000, not the minor league, yadda yadda yadda.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,437 Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

MisterEm said:

Swaye said:

2019 Ducati Supersport S

I sold my Harley V-Rod recently after the 3rd near miss of a deer at highway speed and about the 10th grandma turning right out in front of me on a farm road. I figure with all the night carrier landings, aircraft near misses, AIDS scares, fights and sluts who want to knife me, adding motorcycles to the mix would be what finally kills me.

I raced dirtbikes as a kid, as one of my Dad's was really into motorcycle racing. So I literally grew up around bikes. But after many years of riding them on the street there have just been way to many close calls even when not hot dogging. Everything is trying to kill you on a motorcycle. Everything.
    Welcome to the afterlife Redman. I realize you are still nu here and getting the lay of the land.

My bike has been sitting in storage since my first kiddo was born.