Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Went to my first game at Husky Stadium since 2007

Comments

• Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

I like to help out the scrappy immigrants just trying to get by in this gig economy. BD2W ain’t the only outfit giving away free ticks.

Sounds like you hate money.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,009 Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

Who won the chevron races? Fire truck hopefully.

ANSWER THE FUCKING QUESTION!!!!!!
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,764 Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Who won the chevron races? Fire truck hopefully.

ANSWER THE FUCKING QUESTION!!!!!!
    I don't know!
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,487 Standard Supporter

I don't give 2 shits about the faggy uniform hot talk, but in person I thought they looked really good.

Ty Jones had the cast off with just some small splint on his thumb.

Danny Hammer non-suited, what's deal with that?

Bandes is a big round body, but he looked pretty decent on his couple snaps.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,539 Swaye's Wigwam
    biak1 said:

If you ain’t going to Tipsy Cow and getting a Chuckanut Pilsner I don’t know what to tell you.

CSB time: Several years ago, I was at the Triumph dealership (now defunct) in Bellingham test-riding a bike. I'm shooting the shit with the owner, and he mentions that life is good, as there's a brewery going in next door. So I walk down there, and they're getting the place ready. There's a big banner for "grand opening Saturday," but it's still Wednesday. The owner sees us gawking and comes out to talk to us. Tells us that they're still getting ready, but they may be done early and to check back tomorrow. So we did, and were the second group seated in the place's history.

Food was amazing. Beer was hot dogshit. Got the sampler, and I could see through the stout! They all tasted the same and bland. They got WAY better overtime as they got their feet under them.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839

The video ribbon wasn't the problem. The non-stop music being pumped in to cater to the people with short attention span got old... and that MC douchebag by the student section should DIAFF.

I'm just old and grumpy.

Anyway, didn't eat anything at the stadium. Saved myself for The Bine. The beer was the pFriem pilsner - very nice.

I just checked my bank account i spent $45 bucks on fucking food. Seriously wtf.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,764 Founders Club
    @1to392831weretaken since you mentioned Triumph, I thought you might like my latest purchase. I got it one week ago today.

2019 Ducati Supersport S

It had only 2 miles on it when I rode off from the dealership.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

The video ribbon wasn't the problem. The non-stop music being pumped in to cater to the people with short attention span got old... and that MC douchebag by the student section should DIAFF.

I'm just old and grumpy.

Anyway, didn't eat anything at the stadium. Saved myself for The Bine. The beer was the pFriem pilsner - very nice.

I just checked my bank account i spent $45 bucks on fucking food. Seriously wtf.
    If you're puking-in-the-bleachers drink, $45 is a clean getaway.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839

I'm just old and grumpy.

If you're puking-in-the-bleachers drink, $45 is a clean getaway.
    True
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,919 Swaye's Wigwam

I'm just old and grumpy.

If you think that MC is bad, you should have seen the fat, white, 40 year old faggot they had doing it the last few years.
  • biak1biak1 Member Posts: 4,091

biak1 said:

If you ain’t going to Tipsy Cow and getting a Chuckanut Pilsner I don’t know what to tell you.

CSB time: Several years ago, I was at the Triumph dealership (now defunct) in Bellingham test-riding a bike. I'm shooting the shit with the owner, and he mentions that life is good, as there's a brewery going in next door. So I walk down there, and they're getting the place ready. There's a big banner for "grand opening Saturday," but it's still Wednesday. The owner sees us gawking and comes out to talk to us. Tells us that they're still getting ready, but they may be done early and to check back tomorrow. So we did, and were the second group seated in the place's history.

Food was amazing. Beer was hot dogshit. Got the sampler, and I could see through the stout! They all tasted the same and bland. They got WAY better overtime as they got their feet under them.
    Owner's name was Howard. Tall guy, great stories, spit a lot when he talked. The Triumph mothership ran him out of business because they wanted him to have a "pretty shop" like Harley dealers these days. Fucking dumb.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,539 Swaye's Wigwam
    biak1 said:

biak1 said:

Owner's name was Howard. Tall guy, great stories, spit a lot when he talked. The Triumph mothership ran him out of business because they wanted him to have a "pretty shop" like Harley dealers these days. Fucking dumb.
    Oh I know. Howard is the shit. Like Tim at CS, he's one of those Bellingham motorcycle scene mainstays. I got the whole story from him a few years later. I think he's still open but only doing service these days. Then again, I haven't checked in in a few years.