Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Ocasio-Cortez: Electoral College is ‘Affirmative Action’ for Rural Americans

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,405
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I voted for Trump

That's where my vote went

California went to Hillary

Note how I'm not crying like a bitch like hondo does
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,931
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    The tyranny of the majority is still a tyranny. Leftards love to control others. Liberty and freedom are overrated. The tug leftards love themselves some chicoms

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I voted for Trump

But under the electoral college. Your vote went to Hillary. Mine went to spotted owl. HTH
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

I voted for Trump

But under the electoral college. Your vote went to Hillary. Mine went to spotted owl. HTH
    No it didn't

My vote went to Trump

You voted for Hillary

You're still butthurt and crying like a bich because you lost

• Options

2001400ex said:

I voted for Trump

No it didn't

My vote went to Trump

You voted for Hillary

You're still butthurt and crying like a bich because you lost

Yeah I'm the one who sounds like they are crying. I'm laughing my ass off cause your vote going to Hillary.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Trump won. Why would I be crying? I voted for him

You lost and are still crying like a bitch
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2019
    2001400ex said:

I voted for Trump

What part of 50 separate elections escapes you? Fuck head.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    There's a more imminent threat coming from the fascist left, where states are passing laws to award their electoral votes to the winner of the national popular vote, which is another way to abolish electoral college without actually abolishing it. So basically this means if a red candidate won your state, but the blue candidate won the national popular vote, your state will give its electoral votes to the blue candidate, effectively overriding and removing the voting power of the citizens.

The solution: Remove and imprison all state officials that have and are attempting to undermine the electoral college system.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,863
    edited August 2019

There's a more imminent threat coming from the fascist left, where states are passing laws to award their electoral votes to the winner of the national popular vote, which is another way to abolish electoral college without actually abolishing it. So basically this means if a red candidate won your state, but the blue candidate won the national popular vote, your state will give its electoral votes to the blue candidate, effectively overriding and removing the voting power of the citizens.

The solution: Remove and imprison all state officials that have and are attempting to undermine the electoral college system.

M’eh. Only relevant in the whine ass coastal states.

The inlands won’t change.

Your perspective is warped living in the People’s Republics of Washington, Oregon and California.

The SCOTUS will laugh that movement out.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

M’eh. Only relevant in the whine ass coastal states.

The inlands won’t change.

Your perspective is warped living in the People’s Republics of Washington, Oregon and California.

Disagree.

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,600
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

But the only states which will only vote blue do this
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,181
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

“The electoral college is antiquated!!!”

What changed in the last 200+ years that makes it antiquated?

“The person I hate won!!!!!!”

OK!!!

However much sense an Electoral College made with 13 states, culturally unique regions, no mass communication and transportation by horse, it makes little sense now.
  • Options
    HHusky said:

OK!!!

However much sense an Electoral College made with 13 states, culturally unique regions, no mass communication and transportation by horse, it makes little sense now.
    Not to mention it was set up for electorates at the state to be able to vote for someone other than the person who won the state. Which of course basically doesn't happen outside of the three votes that went to spotted owl.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2019
    HHusky said:

OK!!!

How so. Please explain. You didn’t make an argument.

We still have culturally unique regions. Why is it antiquated?

Saying they electoral college is antiquated is the equivalent to saying a representative republic is antiquated. I’m thinking leftists would agree a representative republic is antiquated though.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,863
    SCOTUS trumps state legislatures

SWIDT?

• Options
    There is far more homogeneity in American culture by region than existed in 1789. Most of those people regarded themselves as New Englanders, Virginians, etc. at least as much as they did Americans. And in an America that stretches from the Atlantic to the Pacific, the risk that someone can win the popular vote merely by winning a landslide victory in any particular place is much less than it was then.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

There is far more homogeneity in American culture by region than existed in 1789. Most of those people regarded themselves as New Englanders, Virginians, etc. at least as much as they did Americans. And in an America that stretches from the Atlantic to the Pacific, the risk that someone can win the popular vote merely by winning a landslide victory in any particular place is much less than it was then.

Bullshit

California and New York

Both states get electoral votes matching their population

There aren't 57 electoral votes one for each state

If California votes GOP the electoral college is great

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,600
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    HHusky said:

I regard myself as a badass

And I regard you as a pussy

Change my mind.
  • Options

HHusky said:

Bullshit

California and New York

Both states get electoral votes matching their population

There aren't 57 electoral votes one for each state

If California votes GOP the electoral college is great

Without an Electoral College, it would still make sense for Daddy to seek votes in California and New York. Right now, it doesn’t.