Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Trump cannot understand currency or tariffs

ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
edited August 2019 in Tug Tavern
According to Trump,

"Through massive devaluation of their currency and pumping vast sums of money into their system, the tens of billions of dollars that the U.S. is receiving is a gift from China. Prices not up, no inflation. Farmers getting more than China would be spending. Fake News won’t report!"

Example: you used to spend $100 on some goods from China. With a 3% currency devaluation, you get a $3 break, so you fork over $97 bucks. But when you pass customs/import, you fork over anywhere from $9.7 to $23. The result is that you are out a minimum of $6. Multiply this now by millions and billions. According to link, the import is $219 billion so far this year (at least a $13 billion tax on Americans). So multiply this by 6%. https://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/balance/c5700.html

I suppose you could argue that Chinese are paying 3% more to buy from us, but they just stopped buying wheat. But Trump is diverting the funds taken from some Americans to farmers.

Anyway we are not "receiving a gift" from China.

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,196 Founders Club
    China is in meltdown mode

Let them melt

https://cnbc.com/2019/08/06/trump-economic-advisor-larry-kudlow-says-chinas-economy-is-crumbling.html

Wait until the tanks roll into Hong Cong, AOG, you can blame Trump for that too
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    straw man arguments so far -- I'm arguing he doesn't understand economics and lies
    So what?

I look at results

#Winning

So what?

I look at results

#Winning

It's because a president who either lies or misunderstands something of this magnitude with such economic repercussions is not fit to hold office. It's not "TDS". So if you reply, don't give me a fallacy again or your usual nonsense.
  • GDSGDS Member Posts: 1,470
    holy shit - Kudlow claiming the Chinese economy is not the "powerhouse it was 20 years ago" is just epicly stupid. If you believe that horseshit then you are dumber then I thought Race and I already thought you were pretty stupid.
    edited August 2019
    GDS said:

holy shit - Kudlow claiming the Chinese economy is not the "powerhouse it was 20 years ago" is just epicly stupid. If you believe that horseshit then you are dumber then I thought Race and I already thought you were pretty stupid.

He's a witty writer but has bought into believing nonsense like "China pays". His main counterargument is a fallacy of ridicule. Just laugh and mock, and the opponent is wrong. No wonder he flunked law school.

straw man arguments so far -- I'm arguing he doesn't understand economics and lies

You don't understand economics so how would you know if someone else does?
    Then correct it. My analysis is not warranted. It looks right. You used to buy goods for $100, now you pay $106 or more. Simple.

GDS said:

He's a witty writer but has bought into believing nonsense like "China pays". His main counterargument is a fallacy of ridicule. Just laugh and mock, and the opponent is wrong. No wonder he flunked law school.
    No I haven't

It doesn't matter

We need to draw the line with China not sell out to them like the Biden and Clinton families

I don't give a fuck about what any politician or coach says

Results matter. Period
    So far, upheaval and uncertainty is the "result" https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-bonds/u-s-yields-tumble-on-trade-worries-political-tension-idUSKCN1V21U3
    Maybe you should quit an hide under your bed with the girls afraid of white supremacists

https://cnn.com/2019/07/15/economy/china-gdp-growth/index.html

Hong Kong (CNN Business)China's economic growth has slumped to its lowest level in nearly three decades as the world's second largest economy feels the effects of a prolonged trade war with the United States.

The country's gross domestic product grew at 6.2% in the quarter ended June, the slowest quarterly growth rate since 1992 and down from 6.4% in the previous quarter, according to government figures released on Monday.
    And the Chinese economy will continue to face "downward pressure" in the second half of this year, the country's National Bureau of Statistics said in a statement.
    "The Chinese economy is still in a complex and grave situation," it said. "Global growth has slowed and external uncertainties are on the rise."
    Beijing and Washington recently agreed a temporary truce in their months-long trade war and are planning to restart trade talks.

This is why we don't need pussies in the government that are scared to win and get upset over some cheap shit from China costing more

This is a little bigger than that but go ahead and vote for Biden who China owns.
  • HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,961
    I like how AOG left of factory price drops China have had as well...AOG doing HondoFS economics now.

Its why we have inflation indexes...

Maybe you should quit an hide under your bed with the girls afraid of white supremacists

Hong Kong (CNN Business)China's economic growth has slumped to its lowest level in nearly three decades as the world's second largest economy feels the effects of a prolonged trade war with the United States.

The country's gross domestic product grew at 6.2% in the quarter ended June, the slowest quarterly growth rate since 1992 and down from 6.4% in the previous quarter, according to government figures released on Monday.
    And the Chinese economy will continue to face "downward pressure" in the second half of this year, the country's National Bureau of Statistics said in a statement.
    "The Chinese economy is still in a complex and grave situation," it said. "Global growth has slowed and external uncertainties are on the rise."
    Beijing and Washington recently agreed a temporary truce in their months-long trade war and are planning to restart trade talks.

This is why we don't need pussies in the government that are scared to win and get upset over some cheap shit from China costing more

This is a little bigger than that but go ahead and vote for Biden who China owns.

That shows China's economy is going down. My argument is not that. Trump says "the tens of billions of dollars that the U.S. is receiving is a gift from China." This is a false and grossly misleading statement. I'm not arguing China is a problem, I know it is. It is the solution I'm talking about.

I like how AOG left of factory price drops China have had as well...AOG doing HondoFS economics now.

Its why we have inflation indexes...

then get the numbers

That shows China's economy is going down. My argument is not that. Trump says "the tens of billions of dollars that the U.S. is receiving is a gift from China." This is a false and grossly misleading statement. I'm not arguing China is a problem, I know it is. It is the solution I'm talking about.

Any one speak gibberish?

Any one speak gibberish?
    So, like I said, you don't argue rationally so there is no point in continuing. You believe nonsense like people believe religion. It's OK. It's a human defect.

Any one speak gibberish?
    So, like I said, you don't argue rationally so there is no point in continuing. You believe nonsense like people believe religion. It's OK. It's a human defect.
    Nobody has believed and peddled more nonsense here than Team Hondo of which you are a proud and loud member

Heal yourself
  • GDSGDS Member Posts: 1,470

No it doesnt. It says the Chinese economy isn't growing as fast as it once was and is now "only" growing at three times the rate of our economy. No one expected the Chinese economy to continue to grow at 10-11% as it's transitioned as it's unsustainable.