Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PGOS crystal QB balls

13»

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    digits said:

Emoterman said:

digits said:

Here's what I don't understand about the whole Haener situation: Petersen stresses ad nauseam that turnovers are one of, if not the, most important stats related to winning, which I 100% agree with.

First series @ Cal, he throws a pick six. Since then, we? continually hear that Haener is an interception throwing machine in practice. So why in the fuck would Haener still be splitting reps. with 1st/2nd string? Delegate Haener to 3rd/4th string, and start giving Sirmon and Morris more invaluable reps. Develop a solid 2nd string QB by playing him in mop up duty, so you don't pigeon hole yourself.

This is why, in the end, there is no real QB competition, just the presentation of one.

There is no narrative quality to having Eason competing with an inferior/younger version of himself (Sirmon). Peterson can plausibly keep Eason on his toes with film room maven, been in the progrum longest Haener.
    *Petersen
    They all look the same
  • Options
    dOgmasterdOgmaster Member Posts: 561
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    digits said:

Here's what I don't understand about the whole Haener situation: Petersen stresses ad nauseam that turnovers are one of, if not the, most important stats related to winning, which I 100% agree with.

First series @ Cal, he throws a pick six. Since then, we? continually hear that Haener is an interception throwing machine in practice. So why in the fuck would Haener still be splitting reps. with 1st/2nd string? Delegate Haener to 3rd/4th string, and start giving Sirmon and Morris more invaluable reps. Develop a solid 2nd string QB by playing him in mop up duty, so you don't pigeon hole yourself.

Throwing a pic in practice can mean a few things, as we react to the result. From a coaching standpoint its more important to know why. Was there a mis-commincation, did the receiver run the wrong route, was the ball tipped at the line/linebackers, or db’s. I prefer to focus on production as that normally is a better indicator of system knowledge and execution.

Regarding Yankoff I understand his transfer. He was probably 5th on the depth chart, and when you have 3 squads the 4th and 5th qb’s don't get many quality snaps. It is hard to out develop the qb’s that are running the first two teams. And Morris sounds legit.

Sirmon may be in a pickle if he falls behind Morris. Can he play TE?

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,258
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

dOgmaster said:

digits said:

Throwing a pic in practice can mean a few things, as we react to the result. From a coaching standpoint its more important to know why. Was there a mis-commincation, did the receiver run the wrong route, was the ball tipped at the line/linebackers, or db’s. I prefer to focus on production as that normally is a better indicator of system knowledge and execution.

Regarding Yankoff I understand his transfer. He was probably 5th on the depth chart, and when you have 3 squads the 4th and 5th qb’s don't get many quality snaps. It is hard to out develop the qb’s that are running the first two teams. And Morris sounds legit.

Who the fuck are you? You've been lurking a long damn time
    Another actual duck

30-27
  • Options
    I am an Oregon alum, but live in seattle and follow both programs, more than some Huskie fans. Occasionally there is good information on this board, which is why I have been coming here for years. I chime in when I think I have something constructive to add, and try not to talk stupid shit. Sorry if I am not always offensive.

If your only comment is to belittle me because I root a team you don’t then I think my post was a good addition to the discussion.

Shoot, this is HH.... DIAFF :smile:
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,412
    dOgmaster said:

digits said:

Haener threw a pick 6 in the 1st series of the Cal game, his 1st legit college action he was put in . Not a good look. And for all y'all saying he was put in a difficult position, we? were still leading @ that point, so fuck off. Petersen flinched, causing the L. That loss was on Petersen, as they all are, he's the HC. Yankoff quit, I don't give a fuck about him.
  • Options
    If you want to hate on Haener go right ahead, but I would surprised if Peterman’s decision on who will start is based on one play from last year. As you stated it was his first legit college action.

And I would bet that your first real ‘action’ was not what you had hoped it would be and hopefully got better.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,535
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Eason starts this year, leads us to another Pac 12 title. Gets drafted in the 1st round, before Herbert.

Morris does not redshirt in 2019, beats out Haener, Sirmon, and Garbers rather easily next year. Haener transfers before the season, Sirmon transfers after the 2020 season.

Morris starts 2020, 2021, 2022. In 2023 a RS Sam Huard starts.

Thanks for reading!