Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PGOS crystal QB balls

PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,526
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
Eason starts this year, leads us to another Pac 12 title. Gets drafted in the 1st round, before Herbert.

Morris does not redshirt in 2019, beats out Haener, Sirmon, and Garbers rather easily next year. Haener transfers before the season, Sirmon transfers after the 2020 season.

Morris starts 2020, 2021, 2022. In 2023 a RS Sam Huard starts.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Founders Club

Morris would have to play in five games to burn his redshirt. Haener only played in three last year, KJCS played in four in 2017.

Will need to actually blow out some teams this year to make it happen.

From a roster management standpoint you think there is a chance they dont RS him even with that clause?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited August 2019

Morris would have to play in five games to burn his redshirt. Haener only played in three last year, KJCS played in four in 2017.

From a roster management standpoint you think there is a chance they dont RS him even with that clause?
    If Morris plays enough to not RS this year then he's clearly ahead of Sirmon and Sirmon is transferring after the season 100%. Hell he might transfer in season in that event.

I don't think they want to go into next year with a true sophomore Morris and try frosh Gerbers and literally nothing else at QB.

You're way overrating a few good practice reports against the fourth string defense.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,706
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dnc said:

If Morris plays enough to not RS this year then he's clearly ahead of Sirmon and Sirmon is transferring after the season 100%. Hell he might transfer in season in that event.

I don't think they want to go into next year with Morris and Gerbers.

You're way overrating a few good practice reports against the fourth string defense.
    To be fair depending on the practice the third/fourth string might be better than the first string.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

I don't think they want to go into next year with a true sophomore Morris and try frosh Gerbers and literally nothing else at QB.

I also have been really high on Morris coming out of highschool. His highlights looked great to me. A lot of people didnt seem too thrilled with him. He also did well at the Elite 11.
  • Options

dnc said:

I also have been really high on Morris coming out of highschool. His highlights looked great to me. A lot of people didnt seem too thrilled with him. He also did well at the Elite 11.
    That's fair. I said when we were recruiting him he'd eventually start over Sirmon and Yankoff.

He's not starting over Huard though. And he's sure as hell not burning his redshirt this year.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Eason starts this year. Someone else starts next year. Huard for the next 3 seasons after that.

If the QB in the gap year before Huard has a good year, it will he tough for Huard to supplant him
  • Options

Eason starts this year. Someone else starts next year. Huard for the next 3 seasons after that.

This.

It would be really sad if Haener gets the transition year between Eason and Huard but it wouldn't shock me at this point.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

If the QB in the gap year before Huard has a good year, it will he tough for Huard to supplant him
    Pete loves QBs who can take over as true freshman and run the team for 3-4 years, and Huard's just short enough to be in Pete's wheelhouse.

He's winning the job.
    If the QB before Huard wins the Pac 12 and throws 3,000 yards with 3 to 1 td to int ratio, Huard will not start.
  • Options

dnc said:

Pete loves QBs who can take over as true freshman and run the team for 3-4 years, and Huard's just short enough to be in Pete's wheelhouse.

He's winning the job.
    If the QB before Huard wins the Pac 12 and throws 3,000 yards with 3 to 1 td to int ratio, Huard will not start.
    We've seen that QB season exactly once in the Pete era.

So sure, if the first year starting QB next year has a year almost as good as Browning's sophomore season he'll hold Huard off. I'll agree with that.

81% chance that doesn't happen.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,182
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    One of Pete's big downfalls is not playing the backup QB....ever. I don't get it myself.
  • Options
    HuskyJW said:

dnc said:

HuskyJW said:

One of Pete's big downfalls is not playing the backup QB....ever. I don't get it myself.

If only that were true.

Hence the problem. Never played the kid and put him in a horrible situation when he did.

Also more concerned the Opera Singer couldn't catch that fat ass
    Agree
  • Options
    PenacePenace Member Posts: 494
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Wow I never noticed that. Fucking white 260 lbs from Spokane was running away from baccellia rather easily.