Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PGOS crystal QB balls

Comments

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,864
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Morris would have to play in five games to burn his redshirt. Haener only played in three last year, KJCS played in four in 2017.

Will need to actually blow out some teams this year to make it happen.

From a roster management standpoint you think there is a chance they dont RS him even with that clause?
    If Morris plays enough to not RS this year then he's clearly ahead of Sirmon and Sirmon is transferring after the season 100%. Hell he might transfer in season in that event.

I don't think they want to go into next year with a true sophomore Morris and try frosh Gerbers and literally nothing else at QB.

You're way overrating a few good practice reports against the fourth string defense.
    If Morris HAS TO burn his RS this year things DID NOT got to plan and a shit ton of us are drinking kool-aid.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,864
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Peterman said:

Live footage of me watching Haener play football

You busy this weekend? I might need a guy with your rope tying skillz.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

HuskyJW said:

One of Pete's big downfalls is not playing the backup QB....ever. I don't get it myself.

If only that were true.

Something I hadn't noticed until now: Shoutout to Kamari for the egregious late hit. Respect.
    #ThatsMyRunningBack
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I think Morris has a good shot at starting next year. Haener or Morris. Sirmon will eventually transfer.
  • Options
    PenacePenace Member Posts: 494
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Sirmon is out 100% I'm sure he is wishing he stuck with his initial decision. Having legitimate NFL ability and being buried by two fucking hobbits one of whom is a true fresh, the other of whom is fucking garbage and ya he gone. Haener is fucking us more than we even understand.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Eason starts this year, leads us to another Pac 12 title. Gets drafted in the 1st round, before Herbert.

Morris does not redshirt in 2019, beats out Haener, Sirmon, and Garbers rather easily next year. Haener transfers before the season, Sirmon transfers after the 2020 season.

Morris starts 2020, 2021, 2022. In 2023 a RS Sam Huard starts.

Fuck it, why not? Dylan Morris wins the Heisman and comes out as transgender.
  • Options
    DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Beno4Life said:

I still can't believe we didn't offer/sign Evan Weaver. Kid wanted to be a Dawg. Now he's all Pac-12 with a shitty number. Good thing we took Amandre Williams and Myles Rice instead!

Was a big miss. Who knows if we would have made him an ILB. Either way, he would be a starter by now.
    He'd be a WTE for us?
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,526
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited August 2019
    HonestDon said:

Eason starts this year, leads us to another Pac 12 title. Gets drafted in the 1st round, before Herbert.

Morris does not redshirt in 2019, beats out Haener, Sirmon, and Garbers rather easily next year. Haener transfers before the season, Sirmon transfers after the 2020 season.

I’m happy Morris flashed a few times in week 1 of his first fall camp. But I’m not ready to anoint him and call him a multi year starter. As for 2019, he probably stays at qb4 all year (I appreciate the bold take but he absolutely redshirts).

Prediction: Skinny starts this year, plays well enough to be 10-2 pac 12 champs but has some ups and downs. He comes back in 2020 for a shot at the playoff. Jake Hi-ner doesn’t get leapfrogged and backs up Skinny both years because Pete loves slow strategy, midget tryhards. At this point Morris is still 3rd/4th string with Sirmon.

Then spring/fall camp 2021 becomes the ultimate QB Battle Royal between 5th year senior Hi-ner, 4th year junior Sirmon, 3rd year soph Morris, redshirt freshman Garbers and true freshman Huard. At least one couch sell among the losers. More if Huard wins the job.

Sirmon seems like an iron lock to (re)enter the portal if he doesn’t win the 2021 Battle Royale (and if he hasn’t already transferred to Montana State). But is it that far fetched to imagine a scenario where the 6’5” 4th year junior finally overtakes Hi-ner while fending off Morris/Huard? It doesn’t fit with the recent dooging out on Morris narrative or the Sam Huard as God narrative but it’s at least plausible.

I would personally love to see Skinny to Sirmon to Huard—a succession of big, strong armed Washington quarterbacks uninterrupted by midget JAGs.

Having said all that, DDY ranked Morris the worst recruit in 2019 so he’s probably elite and destined for cataclysmic greatness.

This is good stuff. You're likely right.

However, I don't think Sirmon will ever start a game after announcing the Portal move. He knows Yankoff is going to be gone, one less competitor who by all accounts Sirmon was better than. So why else would he try to sell the couch? Was he rattled by how Morris carried himself and practiced? It seems interesting, and definitely not a positive sign for how he feels about the situation.

Could he focus and step his game up and remain? Sure. I just think it's more likely Morris is better. Morris is a guy who can make all the throws, is also accurate, and takes care of the ball. Haener does not take care of the ball - he is a turnover machine from practice reports and the Cal game. On the pic 6, there were 2 other UW checkdown WRs wide open. Instead he threw it in the middle into triple coverage looking for the strike. If he fixes turnovers while riding the pine behind Eason for 1-2 more years, I guess Haener could start.

This board will melt down if Eason leads UW to a 9-3 Alamo Bowl season, leaves for the draft, and Haener is named the starter. And proceeds to start again in 2021.

• Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    edited August 2019
    digits said:

Here's what I don't understand about the whole Haener situation: Petersen stresses ad nauseam that turnovers are one of, if not the, most important stats related to winning, which I 100% agree with.

First series @ Cal, he throws a pick six. Since then, we? continually hear that Haener is an interception throwing machine in practice. So why in the fuck would Haener still be splitting reps. with 1st/2nd string? Delegate Haener to 3rd/4th string, and start giving Sirmon and Morris more invaluable reps. Develop a solid 2nd string QB by playing him in mop up duty, so you don't pigeon hole yourself.

This is why, in the end, there is no real QB competition, just the presentation of one.

There is no narrative quality to having Eason competing with an inferior/younger version of himself (Sirmon). Peterson can plausibly keep Eason on his toes with film room maven, been in the progrum longest Haener.
  • Options
    H_DH_D Member Posts: 6,098
    digits said:

Here's what I don't understand about the whole Haener situation: Petersen stresses ad nauseam that turnovers are one of, if not the, most important stats related to winning, which I 100% agree with.

First series @ Cal, he throws a pick six. Since then, we? continually hear that Haener is an interception throwing machine in practice. So why in the fuck would Haener still be splitting reps. with 1st/2nd string? Delegate Haener to 3rd/4th string, and start giving Sirmon and Morris more invaluable reps. Develop a solid 2nd string QB by playing him in mop up duty, so you don't pigeon hole yourself.

“We could not get anything going on offense,” Petersen explained of the radical move. “I was just trying to spark something. I just wanted him to look at things.”
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,412
    Emoterman said:

digits said:

This is why, in the end, there is no real QB competition, just the presentation of one.

There is no narrative quality to having Eason competing with an inferior/younger version of himself (Sirmon). Peterson can plausibly keep Eason on his toes with film room maven, been in the progrum longest Haener.
    *Petersen
  • Options
    RedRocketRedRocket Member Posts: 1,526

HonestDon said:

I’m happy Morris flashed a few times in week 1 of his first fall camp. But I’m not ready to anoint him and call him a multi year starter. As for 2019, he probably stays at qb4 all year (I appreciate the bold take but he absolutely redshirts).

Prediction: Skinny starts this year, plays well enough to be 10-2 pac 12 champs but has some ups and downs. He comes back in 2020 for a shot at the playoff. Jake Hi-ner doesn’t get leapfrogged and backs up Skinny both years because Pete loves slow strategy, midget tryhards. At this point Morris is still 3rd/4th string with Sirmon.

Then spring/fall camp 2021 becomes the ultimate QB Battle Royal between 5th year senior Hi-ner, 4th year junior Sirmon, 3rd year soph Morris, redshirt freshman Garbers and true freshman Huard. At least one couch sell among the losers. More if Huard wins the job.

Sirmon seems like an iron lock to (re)enter the portal if he doesn’t win the 2021 Battle Royale (and if he hasn’t already transferred to Montana State). But is it that far fetched to imagine a scenario where the 6’5” 4th year junior finally overtakes Hi-ner while fending off Morris/Huard? It doesn’t fit with the recent dooging out on Morris narrative or the Sam Huard as God narrative but it’s at least plausible.

I would personally love to see Skinny to Sirmon to Huard—a succession of big, strong armed Washington quarterbacks uninterrupted by midget JAGs.

Having said all that, DDY ranked Morris the worst recruit in 2019 so he’s probably elite and destined for cataclysmic greatness.

However, I don't think Sirmon will ever start a game after announcing the Portal move. He knows Yankoff is going to be gone, one less competitor who by all accounts Sirmon was better than. So why else would he try to sell the couch? Was he rattled by how Morris carried himself and practiced? It seems interesting, and definitely not a positive sign for how he feels about the situation.

Could he focus and step his game up and remain? Sure. I just think it's more likely Morris is better. Morris is a guy who can make all the throws, is also accurate, and takes care of the ball. Haener does not take care of the ball - he is a turnover machine from practice reports and the Cal game. On the pic 6, there were 2 other UW checkdown WRs wide open. Instead he threw it in the middle into triple coverage looking for the strike. If he fixes turnovers while riding the pine behind Eason for 1-2 more years, I guess Haener could start.

This board will melt down if Eason leads UW to a 9-3 Alamo Bowl season, leaves for the draft, and Haener is named the starter. And proceeds to start again in 2021.

Don't think Morris had much to do with Sirmon's brief stint into the portal. When Sirmon committed it looked like he had an easy path to starting in 2019. He was probably sold on just having to beat out Haener and Bridge-Gadd who seemed like total scrubs at the time.

Yankoff committed and it seemed like it would be him or Sirmon in 2019. Then Eason transfers and Haener somehow emerges as a decent QB. Sirmon has to be a little salty about all of this since I'm sure he envisioned himself walking into a starting job after Browning left.

Morris sounds like he's been doing well in camp but he's also not running with the 1s and 2s. I'm still pulling for Sirmon next year assuming Eason LEAVES. Think he's the most physically talented QB on the roster. Arm might not be as big as Easton's but not far off. Thiccc trunk and looks like a load to tackle.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,526
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    RedRocket said:

HonestDon said:

Don't think Morris had much to do with Sirmon's brief stint into the portal. When Sirmon committed it looked like he had an easy path to starting in 2019. He was probably sold on just having to beat out Haener and Bridge-Gadd who seemed like total scrubs at the time.

Yankoff committed and it seemed like it would be him or Sirmon in 2019. Then Eason transfers and Haener somehow emerges as a decent QB. Sirmon has to be a little salty about all of this since I'm sure he envisioned himself walking into a starting job after Browning left.

Morris sounds like he's been doing well in camp but he's also not running with the 1s and 2s. I'm still pulling for Sirmon next year assuming Eason LEAVES. Think he's the most physically talented QB on the roster. Arm might not be as big as Easton's but not far off. Thiccc trunk and looks like a load to tackle.
    We all know how well that same skillset worked out for Lindquist. Sirmon is Lindquist 2.0