Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Recessions are good

Comments

• Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,195
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

"That’s bad enough, but tolerable, says Morgan Stanley, which makes the case that if those 10% tariffs are kept for longer than four or five months, global growth will remain weak in the range of 2.8% to 3%, despite interest-rate cuts from central banks.

Global growth was 3.6% in 2018 and projected to grow 3.2% in 2019, according to the July estimates from the International Monetary Fund.

Morgan Stanley defines a global recession as one where global growth is below 2.5%."

I'll take 2.5% GDP growth in the US while China slides into recession if that's what you are currently offering.

We're talking 25% tariffs. Don't you follow Daddy on Twitter?
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,261
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

"That’s bad enough, but tolerable, says Morgan Stanley, which makes the case that if those 10% tariffs are kept for longer than four or five months, global growth will remain weak in the range of 2.8% to 3%, despite interest-rate cuts from central banks.

Global growth was 3.6% in 2018 and projected to grow 3.2% in 2019, according to the July estimates from the International Monetary Fund.

Morgan Stanley defines a global recession as one where global growth is below 2.5%."

I'll take 2.5% GDP growth in the US while China slides into recession if that's what you are currently offering.

This is the additional 10% on other not currently captured goods which would include the 25%. Keep rooting for recession and the Chinese to conquer the world I guess.
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    edited August 2019

That’s not what Morgan Stanley said for US gdp growth.
  • Options

HHusky said:

This is the additional 10% on other not currently captured goods which would include the 25%. Keep rooting for recession and the Chinese to conquer the world I guess.
    Fuck the Chinese! I'm hoping to swoop up some sweet properties during the recession though.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,845
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Hondo Bros. are hoping China invades and they switch sides.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

Real patriots like being laid off. Cuz the Chinese!
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,261
    Swaye's Wigwam

Funny enough I'm having trouble finding the original Morgan Stanley note as nobody citing it bothers to link it and it's buried by headlines. I was actually curious. Link? good buddy.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Will the new tariffs apply to products the Trumps have manufactured in China, or are they still exempt?
  • Options
    Blu82Blu82 Member Posts: 1,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    @CD likes the ChiComs giving it to us up the ass. Reminds him of his chubby with her 9" strap on.
  • Options

Funny enough I'm having trouble finding the original Morgan Stanley note as nobody citing it bothers to link it and it's buried by headlines. I was actually curious. Link? good buddy.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/05/morgan-stanley-escalating-trade-war-means-global-recession-is-coming.html

• Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,340
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    HHusky said:

Sledog said:

We're all going to die HH! Run for the hills! The economy is going to be destroyed! We should just let the Chinese take advantage of us as our weapons are useless against them!!!!!!!!!!!

FFS get a backbone there buttercup.

• Options

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

We're all going to die HH! Run for the hills! The economy is going to be destroyed! We should just let the Chinese take advantage of us as our weapons are useless against them!!!!!!!!!!!

That time of the month?
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,340
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

That time of the month?
    There you go being a misogynist again. Don't you know how hurtful it is to mock women like that? I am telling your leaders that you committed a gender specific foul!

Now go find your safe place and reflect on your white male privileged ways.

• Options

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

That time of the month?
    There you go being a misogynist again. Don't you know how hurtful it is to mock women like that? I am telling your leaders that you committed a gender specific foul!

Now go find your safe place and reflect on your white male privileged ways.

Yeah, I don't know why I got so emotional.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

We have to destroy free trade with tariffs to save free trade.

What other solution do you have?

I know lil' buddy, we should just let them take more advantage of the American people and put more out of work with higher trade deficits. How much do you want to let them steal in intellectual property? 10 Trillion? How many trillions until you FEEL GOOD about our relationship with China?
    There’s a solution in this post? I noticed that once again you never answer any questions,
    The solution is to wait them out dumbfuck. Did you think the Communists were going to care whether they were stealing our technology or putting our people out of work by dumping their junk into this country? We had to draw a line at some point. As we saw with BO he just laid down like a fucking rug and told Americans manufacturing in this country was dead. Brilliant.

Manufacturing remains a small part of the US economy. Daddy's trade war has driven it into recession.
    We've had two quarters in a row of negative GDP? Got a link Kunt?
    Manufacturing is in recession. It was in all the papers. You're not bright.
    Tax cuts will bring our manufacturing jobs back!!
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,875
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

@UW_Doog_Bot - what's your take on the Chinese devaluing their currency today?

Head fake or justified?

The Throbber doesn't trust those sneaky bastards.

• Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Senator Reed Smoot and Representative Willis Hawley are belly laughing about trump’s China tariffs in the media room.