Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Huard: Rumors on Petersen are real, not leverage

13»

Comments

• Options
    trackertracker Member Posts: 866
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic

It's going to be Peterson. Wilcox will stay as DC. Sirmon also stays.

They will try to keep Tosh & the entire D staff intact. They will try to go hire the best OC they can.

Nansen & Coz are definitely gone. Keysaw...no idea.

I can live with this but would Petersen really be willing to cut his staff loose like that?
    Seems pretty cold on his part. Where do his assistants end up at?

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

That's a pretty good hire. I would LIFPO if that was the case

They will try to keep Tosh & the entire D staff intact. They will try to go hire the best OC they can.

Exactly my feeling. In no way it is a "We're back!" hire but at least it isn't a "We're fucked!" hire which is about what every other legit candidate is right now besides Peterson.
    Petersen would be the biggest "we're back" hire available in the country. Can only shake my head at boofs like yourself.
    Ty was our first we're back hire.
    To who? Section14A? There's a big difference from hiring Notre Dame's leftovers and a coach who is 92-12 that has turned down a lot of good jobs.

• Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Exactly my feeling. In no way it is a "We're back!" hire but at least it isn't a "We're fucked!" hire which is about what every other legit candidate is right now besides Peterson.
    Petersen would be the biggest "we're back" hire available in the country. Can only shake my head at boofs like yourself.
    To who? Section14A? There's a big difference from hiring Notre Dame's leftovers and a coach who is 92-12 that has turned down a lot of good jobs. Because he is a fraud, and now that he is thinking about retiring he is looking for a big ass payday from a dumb fuck like Pool Boy.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,407
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

To who? Section14A? There's a big difference from hiring Notre Dame's leftovers and a coach who is 92-12 that has turned down a lot of good jobs.

To Kirk Herbstreit. You seem to be struggling
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam

Herbstreit also says Sarkisian is one of the best play callers in the country. He's a good broadcaster, but he doesn't give a fuck about UW football, so his opinions on it are often shit.

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,907
    Founders Club

It's true. Kirk Herbstriet even welcomed us back to big time college football and he's never wrong about anything.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,407
    Swaye's Wigwam

Herbstreit also says Sarkisian is one of the best play callers in the country. He's a good broadcaster, but he doesn't give a fuck about UW football, so his opinions on it are often shit.

Can't slip anything past you
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

That's better than having Sark here.
    tracker said:

I can live with this but would Petersen really be willing to cut his staff loose like that?
    Seems pretty cold on his part. Where do his assistants end up at?

Where petersen's assistants at?
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,337
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If it's gonna be Peterseeeeeeeen, it's gonna be his staff, too, IMHO.

That said, it's not gonna be Peterseeeeeeeen.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Wilcox, Sirmon and Tosh are the only guys Peterson would have to keep. Leaves plenty of spots open for his assistants and new people. Maybe a few of his guys would stay in Boise and a few would look elsewhere.
  • Options
    GlobalGlobal Member Posts: 333
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    The key for Peterson is to keep as much of the D as possible, and start completely over on O, starting by getting real top OC who can call the plays and organize, and then a real OL coach who can recruit and develop our OL. We need to urgently upgrade the OL.

With our late recruiting and new coaches, I would offer several JC OL players also and take a risk on them, and look to redshirt one or two of them, since we have graduations next year on our OL and are young after that due to low numbers of recruits. If we can add a couple solid upperclassmen JC OL transfers, we have a good mix going forward with the mix of existing young players.