Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Huard: Rumors on Petersen are real, not leverage

Comments

• Options
    Holy fuck we have some Doogs in here. I'll admit I was allowing myself to doog it up with Mora rumors but jesus christ guys!

This isn't Doogman, we aren't getting Peterson. I hope I'm wrong, but you know it's going to be Wilcox or Nuss.

Pool Boy will have "tried" so you can't fault him at all. I mean gee golly as long as a guy making six figures is out there trying you can't really be mad at him can you?

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Holy fuck we have some Doogs in here. I'll admit I was allowing myself to doog it up with Mora rumors but jesus christ guys!

This isn't Doogman, we aren't getting Peterson. I hope I'm wrong, but you know it's going to be Wilcox or Nuss.

Pool Boy will have "tried" so you can't fault him at all. I mean gee golly as long as a guy making six figures is out there trying you can't really be mad at him can you?

I tend to agree with u but the money we seem to be throwing around I'm not going to rule it out
  • Options
    JuicyHawgCoogJuicyHawgCoog Member Posts: 122
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Well shit, this has gotta be the end for Boise st. To which I say hahahahahaha fags.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

The only reason I have a little bit of hope is that 4 million/year number that was flying around. In the end I still think it will be Wilcox/Nuss.
  • Options
    Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,648
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    WildcatHB said:

You really think Pool Boy can pull off a Peterson? Let's not do this again guys. We all know it's going to be Wilcox or Nuss.

The Doog narrative will be that Pool Boy tried but no coach wants to coach up here so might as well keep "continuity" by hiring an old assistant.

i already read on uwdoogpound that maintaining "continuity" is just as good, if not better than getting someone with head coach experience.
    Those idiot doogs need to DIAFF so autopsies can confirm they all suffer from CTE.
  • Options
    WildcatHBWildcatHB Member Posts: 46
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    don't worry with 4 million/year at his disposal pool boy will get the best damn coordinator he can find (read Wilcox)
  • Options

The only reason I have a little bit of hope is that 4 million/year number that was flying around. In the end I still think it will be Wilcox/Nuss.
    Supposedly we were offering a lot last time too.

We'll end up paying Wilcox or Nuss 2.5 mill to coach here.

I can't believe you guys are getting duped again.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't think many (if any) are saying we are getting Petersen. We are just saying it is a decent to good hire. One 8-4 season should not diminish everything Petersen has done. He's been mentioned for a lot of big openings and never left Boise. Getting him would be a coup. I think More Time has a point though, this is Scott Woodward trying to get him.
  • Options
    If we had a competent AD I would allow myself to get excited for Peterson. I don't think he's as bad as some in here think.

However, it's not happening! Pool Boy proved it last time as well. Remember UW was going to pay "big" money for a head coach then settled on a guy who was a coordinator for only two years at a school with the most talent in the nation.

Even our idiot fans want Nuss or Wilcox so there is no pressure to Pool Boy to make a big hire. He knows his fan base will support him if he settles for Wilcox or Nuss.

I seriously need to find a new hobby for Saturday's. Perhaps I can start my own hobby board or something.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Feldman- a legit media guy said Peterson told him last summer he was finally open to other jobs.

We'll see what happens....just my guess that its going to be Peterson.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,337
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Not that it matters, but at least this time around there is some actual talk in the media (what's left of it) that UW is in a position where it should hire a proven coach -- not go the assistant route. (I would argue that UW was in a position to hire a proven coach last time around, but fuck it.)

I'm hoping (like a dumbfuck, I know) that Woodward is actually feeling some pressure this time around. Clearly, by hiring Corky, he didn't feel it last time.
  • Options

Feldman- a legit media guy said Peterson told him last summer he was finally open to other jobs.

We'll see what happens....just my guess that its going to be Peterson.

He might be open to other jobs doesn't mean he's open to work for a fucking limp wrist faggot(75K) Pool Boy.
  • Options
    loadsockloadsock Member Posts: 686
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment Testing 1
    edited December 2013
    I can see why Wilcox's status is unclear to us right now if UW is waiting for an answer from Peterson while Nuss is on deck should Peterson say no. Peterson comes, Wilcox stays. Peterson says no, Wilcox leaves. I just hope we hold into Tosh and Heyward.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Fuck, pay tosh and Hayward more?.. Show Mora we are serious about football
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

That's a pretty good hire. I would LIFPO if that was the case

It's going to be Peterson. Wilcox will stay as DC. Sirmon also stays.

They will try to keep Tosh & the entire D staff intact. They will try to go hire the best OC they can.

Nansen & Coz are definitely gone. Keysaw...no idea.

Exactly my feeling. In no way it is a "We're back!" hire but at least it isn't a "We're fucked!" hire which is about what every other legit candidate is right now besides Peterson.
    Petersen would be the biggest "we're back" hire available in the country. Can only shake my head at boofs like yourself.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,406
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

They will try to keep Tosh & the entire D staff intact. They will try to go hire the best OC they can.

Exactly my feeling. In no way it is a "We're back!" hire but at least it isn't a "We're fucked!" hire which is about what every other legit candidate is right now besides Peterson.
    Petersen would be the biggest "we're back" hire available in the country. Can only shake my head at boofs like yourself.
    Ty was our first we're back hire.
  • Options
    Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,648
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Racist .
  • Options
    mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    I thought it was Neu.

• Options
    loadsockloadsock Member Posts: 686
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment Testing 1
    I hope your wheelchair breaks down on your way to Peterson's news conference when his hiring is announced.