Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Huard: Rumors on Petersen are real, not leverage

dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
Heard it on the podcast

Comments

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Aren't the rumors that he would just listen?
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    it would be ironic if in the end, Sark ended up making a hero out of Woody by quitting.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    By definition, can a rumor be real?
  • Options
    Peterson would be the first hire in the past decade that I wouldn't be outraged about. He won't reach first hire that I liked since Neuheisel but I wouldn't hate him.

Incremental progress bitches!
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Bruce Feldman on Brock & Danny said Peterson after last year was finally getting the urge to consider moving on.

The loss of Sark only hurts you in one way and thats recruiting in Cali. If they can keep Tosh then that mitigates that and still gives us a strong presence in Cali.

If we are able to keep keep the D staff intact & hire a rising star OC type then its a good situation. Maybe as good as an A-. Mora is definitely an A+. In this situation losing Mora hurts the most because UCLA, a competitor still has him.
  • Options
    BiggusDickusBiggusDickus Member Posts: 553
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Testing 1 First Comment
    edited December 2013
    look at LawDawg, getting metaphysical and shit
    LawDawg1 said:

By definition, can a rumor be real?

• Options
    You really think Pool Boy can pull off a Peterson? Let's not do this again guys. We all know it's going to be Wilcox or Nuss.

The Doog narrative will be that Pool Boy tried but no coach wants to coach up here so might as well keep "continuity" by hiring an old assistant.
  • Options
    Haid_D_SalaamiHaid_D_Salaami Member Posts: 541
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Testing 1

Peterson would be the first hire in the past decade that I wouldn't be outraged about. He won't reach first hire that I liked since Neuheisel but I wouldn't hate him.

Petersen would actually be the first hire since Rick that I didn't wanna set myself on fucking fire AND THEN throw myself off a bridge.

I could live with this scenario.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Bruce Feldman on Brock & Danny said Peterson after last year was finally getting the urge to consider moving on.

The loss of Sark only hurts you in one way and thats recruiting in Cali. If they can keep Tosh then that mitigates that and still gives us a strong presence in Cali.

If we are able to keep keep the D staff intact & hire a rising star OC type then its a good situation. Maybe as good as an A-. Mora is definitely an A+. In this situation losing Mora hurts the most because UCLA, a competitor still has him.

I don't really see Cali recruiting being hurt that badly. So many kids come out of Cali we would still be fine. Plus if we start winning games our Cali recruiting might improve because all we really get right now besides a few are 2nd tier Cali players. Recruiting is moot if coaching sucks anyways.
  • Options

Petersen would actually be the first hire since Rick that I didn't wanna set myself on fucking fire AND THEN throw myself off a bridge.

I could live with this scenario.
    That's why it's not going to happen. You'll hear it's "close" then in an hour or two he'll sign an extension at Boise.

Pool Boy will have "tried" with big names but settle on Wilcox/Nuss. The Seattle Times poll told him he can settle on those two and our idiot fans will accept it.

We are fucked! There is no pressure at all hire to a good coach, our idiots think Sark was a success so they see nothing wrong with a Wilcox or Nuss.

War's over guys, let's pick a new fucking hobby already.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,599
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Does Ivan stay? Wait till he gets ahold of petersons guys
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    exactly because at the end of the day, we somehow were miraculously relieved of Sark and that still has me smiling.
  • Options
    Steve_BowmanSteve_Bowman Member Posts: 442
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Testing 1
    If, if this actually happens, this is a big win. No one knows how he'll do, but Shark is not fit to carry Peterson's gym bag. Peterson has won a BCS bowl....the Armenian Hamester never will.

Just losing Coz is reason to celebrate. He's a POS at par with Shark.

This is NOT a dumb hire. Could it be better at face value? Sure, but I'll take this one.

It's going to be Peterson. Wilcox will stay as DC. Sirmon also stays.

They will try to keep Tosh & the entire D staff intact. They will try to go hire the best OC they can.

Nansen & Coz are definitely gone. Keysaw...no idea.

• Options
    WildcatHBWildcatHB Member Posts: 46
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    edited December 2013

You really think Pool Boy can pull off a Peterson? Let's not do this again guys. We all know it's going to be Wilcox or Nuss.

The Doog narrative will be that Pool Boy tried but no coach wants to coach up here so might as well keep "continuity" by hiring an old assistant.

i already read on uwdoogpound that maintaining "continuity" is just as good, if not better than getting someone with head coach experience.
  • Options
    The_UndertakerThe_Undertaker Member Posts: 520
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

It's going to be Peterson. Wilcox will stay as DC. Sirmon also stays.

They will try to keep Tosh & the entire D staff intact. They will try to go hire the best OC they can.

Nansen & Coz are definitely gone. Keysaw...no idea.

Are you hearing that or just putting rumors together? That would be pretty sweet.