Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The Triumphs of Troy, Open Thread

Comments

• MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    sounds like things are completely out of control in south central. nobody seems to know what's going on anymore.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Way to stay on top of it, Ryan!
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Corches corching harder then ever. Hearing all corches stay in LA this summer

@CoachJNansen_SC

RB - 16 offers, no commits
    WR - 29 offers (Joshua Jackson is 7th worst-ranked WR USC has offered)
    TE - 6 offers (Jack Yary is worst TE offered)
    OT - 25 offers (Andrew Milek, Andres Derek, and Joey Wright are the 2nd, 3rd and 5th worst OL offered)
    OG - 10 offers (Kyle Juergens is 2nd worst OG offered)
    C - 5 offers, no commits
    DE - 7 offers, no commits
    DT - 10 offers (Kobe Pepe is the worst and Jamar Sekona is the 5th worst DT offered)
    ILB - 5 offers, no commits
    OLB - 8 offers, no commits
    CB - 9 offers, no commits
    S - 14 offers, no commits
    ATH - 5 offers, no commits

it's a rather intriguing class at this point...obligatory 'awful warm for february' comment.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,098
    Founders Club

OT - 25 offers (Andrew Milek, Andres Derek, and Joey Wright are the 2nd, 3rd and 5th worst OL offered)
    C - 5 offers, no commits
    DT - 10 offers (Kobe Pepe is the worst and Jamar Sekona is the 5th worst DT offered)

disagree

https://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41072137-4

• DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Graham Harrell has declared that their goal is 55 points every game.
  • AUBURNTROJANAUBURNTROJAN Member Posts: 192

C - 5 offers, no commits

Awfully warm out for February

what a bizarre thing to say...why would you set a goal like that when it's literally not achievable?
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Meek said:

what a bizarre thing to say...why would you set a goal like that when it's literally not achievable?
    My goal is to five knuckle shuffle 23 times today ... before dinner.

Shoot (lol) for the stars and if you achieve the clouds then you've won ...
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,098
    Founders Club
    The more I look at USC it seems to be hanging on the precipice like UW 2008. So much has to go right for them to have an average season.

Did you go to the scrimmage? If you did, you learned a lot.

Here’s what I heard from fans and also thought myself:

- The secondary was atrocious. I can’t recall too many plays where the cornerbacks were in a position to break up a pass or do anything positive. The wide receivers were always open. USC is young at cornerback but this was one of the worst group efforts I can recall in a fall scrimmage situation.
    - This is going to be a season-long problem.
    -Not only were receivers open, there were a lot of pass-interference penalties.
    -The running game was almost non-existent. USC’s QBs could pass at will but the run-blocking was subpar and it didn’t seem like USC was committed to running, a complaint I told you I heard about Graham Harrell at North Texas. The pass blocking was better.
    -A highlight was punter Ben Griffiths‘ 58-yard kick. I guess he will be a team star this season.
    -Frankly, I didn’t see any super-dynamic aspect to this offense but it was just a scrimmage.
    -What about the quarterbacks? All of them had their moments. Freshman Kedon Slovis completed the most deep passes but a lot of them were underthrown and completed because the coverage was so bad.
    -The funniest play was when the ref signaled JT Daniels was sacked before he released a deep pass. Of course, the pass was caught for a TD over two defenders, so Clay Helton signalled to the ref to count it as a touchdown anyways. Wonder if he would have done that for Matt Fink?

They are so fucked when they play us?. All offseason I had heard that Harrell's Air Raid was more balanced than Leach's, so they wouldn't run into the same issues against UW's defense.

Nope. Same old Air Raid. They'll put up points on everyone except Cal who models UW, and they are going to get ass raped when they play us in September.

I didn’t expect the Coliseum to be game ready. But I expected it to be scrimmage ready. And it was not Saturday.

Look at the pictures below: Nails coming out of the ground. An electrical cable going through the seats.

But the real problem was the audacity to screw over the fans by keeping the tower closed to the general public. Inspections and permits should have done well before Saturday.

Quite a few fans said they came just to see the tower. USC says it will have a tour on another day. When?

The tower was actually open to suite holders. But workers said there were only a few elevators operating. This made it difficult to get up-and-down the tower and made it an adventure to get from the bottom to the top.

One fan told me all the men’s restrooms were closed on his level of the Coliseum. There were also not a lot of concession options.

There wasn’t even a bottle of water available anywhere besides the ground floor. This meant some fans had to go down from the fifth floor to the ground for a bottle of water.

Oh, and water cost $5 a bottle.

Finally, USC announced the crowd size at 10,000. No way. USC was lucky if 7,000 attended.