Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Triumphs of Troy, Open Thread

With the season approaching, we can't have the bandwidth massacre of new threads for each of Swanelton's achievements.

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    "I've never worried about the outside noise," Helton told ESPN during Wednesday's Pac-12 media day. "Having been in it for 25 years of college football, having seen my dad in it for 40 years in both NFL and college, it's part of the game. As a leader and as a head coach, when you go win a Rose Bowl and a Pac-12 title, you go hand out the accolades to everybody else. When you have an off season, you have to own it.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    The backlash that Helton and the program have received on social media since the end of last season has been particularly upsetting to Pittman, and that has fueled his motivation going into the 2019 season.

"I'm sick of people talking on Twitter, I'm sick of seeing it, I'm sick of hearing it," Pittman said. "I am the most motivated in college football right now."

Though Helton has received confidence from his athletic director over the past few months, the coach admitted Wednesday he has yet to have a single one-on-one conversation with new USC president Carol Folt, who began her role on January 1
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Gladstone said:

"I've never worried about the outside noise," Helton told ESPN during Wednesday's Pac-12 media day. "Having been in it for 25 years of college football, having seen my dad in it for 40 years in both NFL and college, it's part of the game. As a leader and as a head coach, when you go win a Rose Bowl and a Pac-12 title, you go hand out the accolades to everybody else. When you have an off season, you have to own it.

A man of impeccable comportment. The right hand at the tiller there, no doubt about it.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Gladstone said:

A man of impeccable comportment. The right hand at the tiller there, no doubt about it.
    #FaithFamilyFootball You want a steady leader like that that doesn't let the noise bother him when SC has so many other scandals to deal with.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,439
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Wouldn't be surprised if USC says they're extra motivated this year, pulls of the upset against Utah, dismisses all the hotseat talk on Helton, then they collapse and finishes 7-5 with Helton fired before UCLA.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    USC didn’t lose to anyone last year according to Helton. They lost to themselves as per his ESPN interview on Pac12 Media Day.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    What's the deal with the new president? Radical feminist who hates football?
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    From USC 247:

Quarterback scramble?

Earlier this month, smoke billowed from The Ford Center where Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei five-star quarterback Bryce Young was participating in The Opening Finals. Rumors of an impending de-commitment by Young from USC swirled in Frisco, Texas. Young nonchalantly dismissed those rumors, stating that USC was where his “heart was at” and that he did not want to re-open the recruiting process before the start of his senior season.

Fast forward almost a month later and the smoke has not yet cleared. Young explained that — out of respect — he remains in communication with schools like Oklahoma and Alabama. It would seem coming off of his official visit to USC in June, Alabama specifically got the impression he was not happy with his commitment to the Trojans.

We heard it then and we’re hearing it now. Sources close to USC are not expecting an imminent de-commitment from Young.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    Former Tight End Daniel Imatorbhebhe:

And yet again, we’re hearing that Daniel really wanted to come back and play for USC but has been black-balled by a weird confluence of naysayers working against him that did not include, we’re told, Clay Helton. And that as we’ve reported here, the prime player in Daniel not being able to play has been AD Lynn Swann, in a contentious back-and-forth over whether Daniel should have to take a medical retirement and relinquish his football scholarship.

We’re told that Daniel has contemplated telling his side of the story, but ultimately does not want to burn any bridges, at least while he is still finishing his master’s degree.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,821
    ntxduck said:

Just how many men of Troy have tapped that ass?
    It appears she is a blonde from Dallas who went/goes to USC...A subject I am very familiar with....so the answer would be, all of them.
    That's a fucking Mom's Weekend dream. Both Mom and Daughter look to be into double penetration.

Orgy the Fuck On.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,301
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Pete went to 7 straight major / NY 6 / BCS / bowls

Petersen at three and counting. We? could get there