Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jacob mfin Eason

Comments

• Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    TommySQC said:

Gladstone said:

Amazing to think Georgia lost this game.

Sark style
    I don't sense any trust issues, which is key
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    chuck said:

chuck said:

Gladstone said:

That’s the greatest throw I have ever seen...
    https://youtu.be/YfJWCBboCYc
    The best part about this play is that Ty wanted him to take a knee.
    Yep. I read a little when I searched up the clip yesterday. Lappano apparently felt the same. He said Stanback had told him he could throw it 80 yards but that he didn't believe him. He was walking out as the play happened.

I remember doing some 8th grade geometry and coming up with about 73 yards in the air at the catch point. The exact spots of the release and catch are debatable due to the camera angle, but thats pretty close. He caught it pretty high so it would have gone 74 or 75 if allowed to fall to the turf.

I dont know for certain at all, but I doubt theres ever been another clean throw and catch in a college or NFL game quite like that one.
    I swear I didn't read this before blathering on about the same poont in my post.

I say it's easily 75. You saw what I saw: he caught it well above his shoulder. Ball easily lands a yard or two in the endzone if he just lets it go.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Alexis said:

Gladstone said:

What is Fran Drescher doing in front of JMFE
    I hope he can do better than that collection of ugly sticks. Jimminy. There's better looking tail at Harvard ... and I'm serious.

Kid with all that should pulling down only the top top quality stuff. The guys I knew on the team, even the big hairy ugly ones, were pulling down top drawer women. Go look up Frank Garcia's wife ... nobody will ever ask Frank to pose for GQ, but still ....
  • Options

chuck said:

chuck said:

Gladstone said:

Dude, count the yards. That's 75 yds. in the air, and he caught it high. That thing was going to land 2 yds. in the endzone.

Yes, IS could chuck it.

And run the 100 meters in 10.4 seconds.

And was drafted by MLB even though he declined to play besball at UW.

Please name someone else you know who has all three of those to the degree Stanback did.

Kid was wasted here, and I'll keep arguing this for the rest of my life - vastly underappreciated. A reasonable debate can be made that IS is the best pure athlete to ever suit up for Washington. And a full 80% of the fan base doesn't even remember him.

No, I don't know him in real life. But thanks for getting me started on this again.
    You and I represent most of his fan club. The fucking guy was surrounded by 2* talent (not Chambers though he could've been great), back to back 1* coaching staffs, and a fucking retarded fan base. That staff had no idea how to use him and never really wanted to use him in the first place.

Edit...what I see is a release at the 26 and catch at about the 1. Its debatable though. Somewhere between 73 and 76 or 77 yards in the air. Its fucking crazy. I also read quotes from Chambers. He said he broke stride and looked for the ball at about the 20, then had an oh shit moment and turned on the jets to run it down. Stanback had told to just keep running and he'd get it there but even he didn't believe him.
    I'm definitely part of the IS fanclub and he was totally wasted by fucking Ty. I had to live through it while at UW. At least he got a super bowl ring before his career was over even if it was as a fringe roster guy.

Used to see him on campus regularly. Only time he wasn't flashing that big smile was after he broke his ankle.
    Welcome to the club. Initiation is on the 8th Friday following the Solstice. Chickens and other weird shit is involved. @Swaye can fill you in. He's not in the club, but he runs the weird sacrifice ceremonies for obvious reasons.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

chuck said:

chuck said:

Gladstone said:

Dude, count the yards. That's 75 yds. in the air, and he caught it high. That thing was going to land 2 yds. in the endzone.

Yes, IS could chuck it.

Please name someone else you know who has all three of those to the degree Stanback did.

Kid was wasted here, and I'll keep arguing this for the rest of my life - vastly underappreciated. A reasonable debate can be made that IS is the best pure athlete to ever suit up for Washington. And a full 80% of the fan base doesn't even remember him.

No, I don't know him in real life. But thanks for getting me started on this again.
    You and I represent most of his fan club. The fucking guy was surrounded by 2* talent (not Chambers though he could've been great), back to back 1* coaching staffs, and a fucking retarded fan base. That staff had no idea how to use him and never really wanted to use him in the first place.
    It's a shame. He's in the legitimate 'freak' athlete category, a term that gets thrown around much too loosely. I honestly am sitting here and cannot think of another player from any team that had that combination of arm strength and speed. I understand from people who watched him play at Garfield that his throws from the outfield to home plate were flatly ridiculous. His throws would catch kids tagging up from 3rd 3 and 4 strides away from the plate ... like "no fucking chance buddy" throws. Dave Parker throws from a kid who was a legitimate Pac 10 sprinter. Who could also play QB - small detail.

What bothered me the most was how much we? slobbered over Jake Lockner on the basis of his overall athleticism ... the very same platform that IS presented. I could see if you have a bias for accurate pocket guys in the tradition of Pelluer and Chandler ... but if you love Jack Lockner you ought to be in our fan club. People only hypothesized that Lockner could have been a safety or running back ... Stanback had to actually reinvent himself as a receiver in the NFL - and he actually did it.
    I mean Jake ran 172 times for damn near 6 yards a carry and 13 TDs. As a freshman.

Isaiah never did anything close to that.

Obviously he never got to run the spread option and maybe he could have had those kind of results if he did. But for Jake it wasn't hypothetical athleticism, it was demonstrated athleticism.

I don't agree that it's primarily racism that caused Jake to get so much more attention. It was the fact he was a state champion in HS which allowed him to have more hype coming in and the fact his freshman year was so damn productive (as a runner).

IS had neither of those things to create hype.

He's definitely under appreciated. And Jake's definitely overrated. But there were reasons for both without having to play the race card.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

chuck said:

chuck said:

Gladstone said:

Yes, IS could chuck it.

And still, if not for that snapped ankle at Oregon State he might have left a legacy here.
    He sacrificed his ankle to prevent a Ty contract extension.
    We had to suffer through two and a half more seasons of Ty post *snap*.