Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What is your 1st memory of Husky Football?

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

My first real memories were of the 84 team and the controversy with BYU. We had mormon neighbors who were huge BYU fans, and my dad and grandfather talked enormous amounts of shit to them. First game I saw in person was in 91 against Arizona. Their QB (George Malauulu) nearly died that day. Seeing that defense in person was something else.

I was there!

Oddly enough we hosted them in 90 as well and I was also at that massacre - second game I ever attended.

90 San Jose State was my first.
    #metoo

Did Arizona punt on third down once?
    I was 10 so I don't really remember. Wouldn't shock me though.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    digits said:

My first memory of Husky Football was crying hysterically as a young child in the 80s because my grandpa, dad, and uncle would be yelling at the TV so loud and violently, while watching Husky games at Gramps' house.

My uncle took me to my first game at Husky Stadium, but we've had trouble figuring out exactly which game it was... sometime in the mid to late 80s. He attended a game at Husky Stadium on his wedding day.

I understood from a young age that Husky Football was serious business.

Did they survive the glory of owentwelve
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    digits said:

Gladstone said:

Fuck all of you that were at UW in the early nineties. That must have fucking ruled.

I got 0-12.

It did. You have no idea how much fun it was. Of course it was also a curse. Been waiting for almost 30 fucking years to get back to that level of play.
    No curse. It was the UW Admin. not having the balls to support their legendary HC. The fact they allowed the Pac-10 to pile it on top of us is unconscionable. Shame on them.
    I meant curse in a sense that once you get a taste of watching a team like that and it gets fucked up (regardless of the reason), it's painful to watch the shitty product on the field. Versus if your? team was shitty from the get-go (like the cuog) and the standards have always been low.
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

digits said:

Gladstone said:

Fuck all of you that were at UW in the early nineties. That must have fucking ruled.

I got 0-12.

It did. You have no idea how much fun it was. Of course it was also a curse. Been waiting for almost 30 fucking years to get back to that level of play.
    No curse. It was the UW Admin. not having the balls to support their legendary HC. The fact they allowed the Pac-10 to pile it on top of us is unconscionable. Shame on them.
    I meant curse in a sense that once you get a taste of watching a team like that and it gets fucked up (regardless of the reason), it's painful to watch the shitty product on the field. Versus if your? team was shitty from the get-go (like the cuog) and the standards have always been low.
    Fucking travesty.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,173
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

It must have been nice to not have had a dreck fucking childhood of husky FB.

I praise Allah everyday for CP

It was... But it made the dreck that came later even more painful
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,591
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Meek said:

probably 6-7 years old and my first memory is sitting with my dad watching the Don James Coaches Show on KOMO (with the fat host?) where he breaks down all the plays. At first I thought it was boring, but then I understood the game and enjoyed it each week.

The salmon colored suit was my favorite fashion choice for coach. Show was hosted by Bruce King I think. As a gay man, the Husky Fever intro song that they sung to Boogie Fever really resonated with me as well. Sometimes that song just sticks in my head and won't quit. Husky fever, with another touchdown! Husky fever, you know its going around!
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,591
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    As for the first game I remember, that would be the 1985 Orange Bowl just for the party that happened for the game. My dad was lit. I will never forget that whole day. The first game I remember actually caring about was actually the 1987 Independence Bowl against Tulane. Chris Chandler was a big deal in my house because he was a Snohomish co. kid (my dad and hence me always pulled for the local north end kids) and it was a bowl game at the end of kind of a shitty year. I was 8 so any bowl game would have actually been a big deal to me. We won a boring game against Mac Brown and the mighty Tulane green Wave 24-12 I think. The first game I went to was the 1991 apple cup. I went with my friends family and they were shocked and amazed that little Knowledge could state the number, height, weight and name of every player on the team. I have long since burned that information and most of my 20's out with liquor and drugs.