Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What is your 1st memory of Husky Football?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    guatedawg said:

Sonny Sixkiller probably junior year. After the games my two moms would go down to Hec Ed and get plastered with the Tyees. Sometimes my friends and I would sit and watch as the cheerleaders would perform for all these drunk fucks. Sometimes we would just hang out in the stadium and roam the concourses for what seemed like hours. One time we came across a huge garbage bag full of popcorn. I don't know how we snuck it out of the stadium and back into Hec Ed without getting caught.
    I know, csb.

I just figured out what csb means.

CSB.
  • Options
    MammaJammaMammaJamma Member Posts: 193
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Gladstone said:

Fuck all of you that were at UW in the early nineties. That must have fucking ruled.

I got 0-12.

It did. My freshman year was ‘90. First thing I did when I got accepted was order season tickets. I loved Don James and still despise the Gerb for killing Husky football.

There was a house near my grade school I used walk by every day that had a UW helmet in the window. It stood out being in the middle Beaver and D*ck territory. I thought it was badass.

First game I remember watching start to finish was the ‘82 Rose Bowl against Iowa. Watched parts of other games before that but it’s the one that stands out the most.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,554
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I remember watching the first Jim Owens RB on TV - Lee Folkins stretched out making a TD catch. Beat Wisconsin 44-8? First tim I saw'm on TV
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,103
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited July 2019
    I've told this one before. I was in the car with my dads in South Eugene, I think we were on Willamette. Anyway, sportsball is on the radio and the Ducks are down like 35-0 or something and kick a FG and one of my dads starts pounding on the steering wheel cheering. Even at like 6 years old or whatever I knew that a FG was for losers and asked him why he was so happy and he said "son, you may not understand yet, but it's the Huskies". And from then on I understood.
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Not my first memory but the most memorable. In high school the coach gave a couple of us tickets to a game. After the game we got to go up the tunnel and although we were not recruits they treated us as a batch of recruits anyway. That was as close as I got to Huskie football.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    1982 Rose Bowl vs Iowa 28-0. Jacque Robinson show. I was 9.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I was nine or ten. My mom had a record-setting brain surgery at UW medical. Four tumors removed in one surgery. She was expected to lose the use of most of the left side of her body, but the surgeon pulled off a miracle. She was recovering from that surgery, and the window of her recovery room looked right down onto the field. One day we took a walk while she was sleeping down to the stadium. As a poor kid, this was going to be the closest I'd get to a giant stadium like that for another decade at least. So we were really excited just to be up close to it. Just about shit ourselves to find one of the gates slightly open. We let ourselves in and spent an hour running around the field pretending to be players, jumping the hurdles on the track, running up the bleachers, etc.

One of the players was doing a workout of the field. No shirt, hugest, most roided dude I'd ever seen in my life up to that point.

Huskies won the natty that year, I believe.

I miss rhino cum
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

guatedawg said:

Sonny Sixkiller probably junior year. After the games my two moms would go down to Hec Ed and get plastered with the Tyees. Sometimes my friends and I would sit and watch as the cheerleaders would perform for all these drunk fucks. Sometimes we would just hang out in the stadium and roam the concourses for what seemed like hours. One time we came across a huge garbage bag full of popcorn. I don't know how we snuck it out of the stadium and back into Hec Ed without getting caught.
    I know, csb.

CSB.
    Cool story you cock sucking bastard
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Age alert.

My uncle (my people don't have Dads as OBK will tell you) took me to watch USC at Washington. Charles White was the USC tailback and some guy named Marcus Allen was the upback in the USC power I formation. White ripped off a long TD run down, I think, down the south side sidelines.

We were in the North end of the stadium above the student section at the tim, before the second erector set was up. I was on campus as student (for pretend of course) when the first version of that thing came down. You could hear it from every corner of campus when it failed.

Cool story bro'.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

guatedawg said:

I know, csb.

CSB.
    Cool story you cock sucking bastard
    You wait like it is a bad thing