Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Blue Lives Matter

13»

Comments

• Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Fuck the police.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Fuck the police.

How 1992 of you.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,655
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2019

Fuck the police.

You won't be saying that when you're trying to hide under a parked car and a transient is stabbing you in the gut. That "fuck the police" asshole was screaming his head off for the police. Should have let him die. But hell that ain't me.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,534
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fuck the police.

How 1992 of you.
    I really think he meant "fuck the pigs"
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,781

Fuck the police.

FYFMFE

• Options
    edited August 2020

I too have relatives who are COPS. They have to work three jobs to make a decent living. I have a life long friend in Portland who is a COP downtown and after 30 years he makes shit. Many law enforcement agencies across the country are begging for qualified candidates to fill their ranks.

They get treated like shit especially in the inner cities. You have democrats all over the country cursing them when they don't need them and condemning them when they don't show up fast enough. What the hell do you expect?

Those I know hate dirty COPS. Hate them. If there is one thing that makes me throw up it is democrats in dem run cities bitching about the environment they have created.

Bullshit. I know many cops. Not a fucking one has any additional jobs. They all do fine.
    Cops in the Seattle area don't need additional jobs. They take on additional jobs doing traffic control or working at sports events as overtime so they can extra money for extra shit. I worked in 4 separate agencies between 2013-2017 as a contract analyst and not a single cop in any of those places worked OT to put food on the table. They worked OT to buy a new car, go on vacation, buy a vacation home, etc.
    You misspelled 'pad their pension'.

Abundance
    Didn't work that way in Kali. OT never counted toward a pension. Does it in Washington?

FYI police are generally not allowed to work jobs outside of police work at their agency. There are certain exceptions and you have to apply for permission from your agency to do so. So the only way for most to make extra money is via OT. OT is needed for any number of reasons. Nothing wrong with working it. Raise your hand if you never needed or wanted extra money!
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I too have relatives who are COPS. They have to work three jobs to make a decent living. I have a life long friend in Portland who is a COP downtown and after 30 years he makes shit. Many law enforcement agencies across the country are begging for qualified candidates to fill their ranks.

They get treated like shit especially in the inner cities. You have democrats all over the country cursing them when they don't need them and condemning them when they don't show up fast enough. What the hell do you expect?

Those I know hate dirty COPS. Hate them. If there is one thing that makes me throw up it is democrats in dem run cities bitching about the environment they have created.

Bullshit. I know many cops. Not a fucking one has any additional jobs. They all do fine.
    Cops in the Seattle area don't need additional jobs. They take on additional jobs doing traffic control or working at sports events as overtime so they can extra money for extra shit. I worked in 4 separate agencies between 2013-2017 as a contract analyst and not a single cop in any of those places worked OT to put food on the table. They worked OT to buy a new car, go on vacation, buy a vacation home, etc.
    Wow. Just like my second-job-having Teacher/Counselor Dad did every year of his working life to feed his kids, buy xmas presents and buy a "new" used car about once every 10 years. Lots of people pay for vacations and shit by moonlighting instead of watching shit TV every night.
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,293
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    In GA they can work jobs after hours in uniform and with the police car as long as it was approved. The money is side money to the officers not sure about overtime, etc. I used to know the two young guys who would coordinate traffic at my local liquor store on New Years Eve. My city was a dry city and the nearest liquor store was 9 miles away so it would get quite busy on holiday eve's.
  • Options
    trubluetrublue Member Posts: 3,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Apparently, you have only met cops in large cities that are highly unionized.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    trublue said:

WTF is "highly unionized"?

• Options

trublue said:

POWERFUL public unions . . . Where it is difficult to fire “public servants” who arguably should be or should have been fired . . . Tremendous pay, health and retirement benefits.

Pension information is available online for ALL folks receiving state, city, county retirements in CA and OR (PERS).

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    trublue said:

trublue said:

POWERFUL public unions . . . Where it is difficult to fire “public servants” who arguably should be or should have been fired . . . Tremendous pay, health and retirement benefits.

Pension information is available online for ALL folks receiving state, city, county retirements in CA and OR (PERS).

Hope this helps!
    So what's the difference between unionized and HIGHLY unionized? Extra super duper unionized
  • Options
    There isn’t . . . Should have said some unions are more effective than others . . . Rural police officers and deputy sheriffs don’t benefit from strong unions as a general rule.
  • Options
    This is why it's harder to fire cops. Union had nothing to do with at my department.

https://porac.org/resources/peace-officers-bill-of-rights/