Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Blue Lives Matter

Comments

• SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,483
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2019
    HHusky said:

I too have relatives who are COPS. They have to work three jobs to make a decent living. I have a life long friend in Portland who is a COP downtown and after 30 years he makes shit. Many law enforcement agencies across the country are begging for qualified candidates to fill their ranks.

They get treated like shit especially in the inner cities. You have democrats all over the country cursing them when they don't need them and condemning them when they don't show up fast enough. What the hell do you expect?

Those I know hate dirty COPS. Hate them. If there is one thing that makes me throw up it is democrats in dem run cities bitching about the environment they have created.

Bullshit. I know many cops. Not a fucking one has any additional jobs. They all do fine.
    Gotta defend the sled on this one. I've seem many well nourished cops standing around while moonlighting as well nourished security.
    That's not really allowed most places in Kali. Too much liability for the cities.

Attorneys like those deep pockets.

HHusky said:

I too have relatives who are COPS. They have to work three jobs to make a decent living. I have a life long friend in Portland who is a COP downtown and after 30 years he makes shit. Many law enforcement agencies across the country are begging for qualified candidates to fill their ranks.

They get treated like shit especially in the inner cities. You have democrats all over the country cursing them when they don't need them and condemning them when they don't show up fast enough. What the hell do you expect?

Those I know hate dirty COPS. Hate them. If there is one thing that makes me throw up it is democrats in dem run cities bitching about the environment they have created.

Bullshit. I know many cops. Not a fucking one has any additional jobs. They all do fine.
    Gotta defend the sled on this one. I've seem many well nourished cops standing around while moonlighting as well nourished security.
    So working overtime?
    I'd get a real attorney not one of the wanna be pretend ones here on the interwebs.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,658
    edited July 2019
    There's a certain irony about the left decrying the behavior of bad cops, yet the police unions are probably the single biggest impediment to getting rid of the bad element in that profession. Virtually impossible to fire unionized public employees for performance.

And, no, none of the cops I know are starving and working multiple jobs. They don't have to what with primo benefits and overtime.

• BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    dnc said:

So just to so we're clear, this Florida cop is planting meth on white women because democrats?

Makes sense.
    And your point?
  • BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Bullshit is right. Virtually every single one I know works nights as security at mostly bars and restaurants but also do the funeral thing, concerts, etc. I question whether you really know any COPS.

The AVERAGE salary is $60K. If you take California out of the average (they avg about $106K), the median would be about 49K. No COP is supporting a wife and 3 kids on that salary.

Most cities, counties and states are taking anyone who wants to be a COP. Many have lowered the standards for entry because they can't get people interested. This again flies in the face of your inaccurate statement that COPS are fat and happy. In Mississippi alone the average salary for a COP is around $37K. You aren't going to get quality individuals at that pay rate and you sure as hell aren't going to raise a family on that salary without working extra jobs. This is why there is a corrupt POS COP in FL. They have to hire anyone who comes down the pike and hope he works out and many don't. Teachers and COPS should be making way more than politicians but the facts are they make less than even a state legislature desk jockey does.

https://www.bls.gov/ooh/protective-service/police-and-detectives.htm#tab-5
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2019

Bullshit is right. Virtually every single one I know works nights as security at mostly bars and restaurants but also do the funeral thing, concerts, etc. I question whether you really know any COPS.

The AVERAGE salary is $60K. If you take California out of the average (they avg about $106K), the median would be about 49K. No COP is supporting a wife and 3 kids on that salary.

Most cities, counties and states are taking anyone who wants to be a COP. Many have lowered the standards for entry because they can't get people interested. This again flies in the face of your inaccurate statement that COPS are fat and happy. In Mississippi alone the average salary for a COP is around $37K. You aren't going to get quality individuals at that pay rate and you sure as hell aren't going to raise a family on that salary without working extra jobs. This is why there is a corrupt POS COP in FL. They have to hire anyone who comes down the pike and hope he works out and many don't. Teachers and COPS should be making way more than politicians but the facts are they make less than even a state legislature desk jockey does.

https://www.bls.gov/ooh/protective-service/police-and-detectives.htm#tab-5
    So don’t get a wife and 3 fucking kids. Their life choices aren’t my fucking problem.

Teachers are paid what they are worth as well. Pretty decent for a part rime gig.

Also two heavily unionized government professions. See how that works.

Still don’t know a single cop working two or more jobs. Not a one
    edited July 2019

There's a certain irony about the left decrying the behavior of bad cops, yet the police unions are probably the single biggest impediment to getting rid of the bad element in that profession. Virtually impossible to fire unionized public employees for performance.

And, no, none of the cops I know are starving and working multiple jobs. They don't have to what with primo benefits and overtime.

Overtime is how one makes ends meet. Also these days there is a large amount of forced overtime since it's very difficult to hire police officers from the current generations of young adults to to their rather different moral standards. I have said it before that you will see officers do more and more things we don't like. As hiring standards drop it only gets worse. When LAPD started hiring if you "didn't have a felony conviction" (a felony arrest was OK) When females with convictions for prostitution are hired you also say hmmmmmm.

Liberals gonna liberal. Y'all have fun reaping what you have sewn but keep your mouth shut it's your own damn fault!

Turd just the OT comment was for you.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,721
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I use to get my bosses swanky almost front row Sonic seats all the time over several years. I got to know the cop behind the bench because he was there every time I was.

Sweet second job IMO

I use to get my bosses swanky almost front row Sonic seats all the time over several years. I got to know the cop behind the bench because he was there every time I was.

Sweet second job IMO

That's sweet OT if you like sports and get to work the home team games. Movie shoots are even better because it's easy work and the food is awesome!
    So how many of you survive this? (errors were made IMHO by officer).

How many condemned the shooting before the video came out I wonder?

https://www.policeone.com/edged-weapons/articles/484297006-Video-Ohio-man-lunges-at-LEO-stabs-him-in-neck-in-fatal-OIS
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Sledog said:

It’s important to talk about our justice systems part in this. This isn’t happening in a vacuum, cops learn this behavior because most of the time there are no consequences. I saw a story yesterday where two cops were caught on camera talking about how they were going to frame a guy and nothing has happened to the officers.

When a black person gets shot by the police, the problem isn’t that they got shot. That’s going to happen in a country with our gun laws. The problem is black people don’t trust the police or the justice system to get it right and that distrust is earned.

Not true there most certainly are consequences. Many have gone to prison. No one likes dirty cops, especially other cops.
    l m f a o
    You should stay off twitter for awhile.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

You're right, but by the same token police unions don't find themselves in nearly as many GOP cross hairs as other unions do. Police and teachers unions are absolutely wrecking our public institutions, but neither party wants to make dismantling them a cornerstone issue.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited July 2019

Protecting and making bad actors un-fireable is the achilles heel of all unions.

There will always be dishonest scumbag losers in every profession, but the union “brotherhood” where they protect “their own” gives an unlimited free pass to the dickbags who choose to be dirty and cheat.

Unless you’re a war veteran in SPD who punches a bitch after she kicks you in the face. Then you’re gone.

You're right, but by the same token police unions don't find themselves in nearly as many GOP cross hairs as other unions do. Police and teachers unions are absolutely wrecking our public institutions, but neither party wants to make dismantling them a cornerstone issue.
    Police unions don't have any union power. It's illegal for police and fire to strike. It is also a paramilitary organization and it's members are subject to orders from above. Without the strike threat there is little you can do to sway any issue.
    Sledog said:

Police unions don't have any union power. It's illegal for police and fire to strike. It is also a paramilitary organization and it's members are subject to orders from above. Without the strike threat there is little you can do to sway any issue.
    The police unions being toxic has less to do with their lack of collective bargaining power and more to do with their propensity to cover for bad cops and prevent them from getting fired.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,721
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Its group psychology and us against them.

More and more minorities enter the force and not much changes because of the tribe.

Sledog said:

The police unions being toxic has less to do with their lack of collective bargaining power and more to do with their propensity to cover for bad cops and prevent them from getting fired.
    They don't in my experience. I took citizen complaints. The advent of recorders has greatly accelerated that process. 99.9% of the time iit exonerated the officer.

Nothing I enjoyed mote than showing the complainant the recording and nicely telling them they are a lying bag of shit.

Like Hondo.

Sledog said:

Sledog said:

They don't in my experience. I took citizen complaints. The advent of recorders has greatly accelerated that process. 99.9% of the time iit exonerated the officer.

Nothing I enjoyed mote than showing the complainant the recording and nicely telling them they are a lying bag of shit.

Like Hondo.

Glad to hear your department valued accountability. If only the rest could all say the same.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Its group psychology and us against them.

More and more minorities enter the force and not much changes because of the tribe.

No way. That can’t be true.

And if it is true, it’s whitey’s fault.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

So just to so we're clear, this Florida cop is planting meth on white women because democrats?

Makes sense.
    And your point?
    You're a fucking idiot.

Everyone else got it, retard.