Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Blue Lives Matter

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
My dad was a Law Enforcement major. I've been pro cops my entire life.

My confidence in the system has taken a number of hits over the last few years and is at an all time low.

NWA and Damone were right.

Comments

• Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    It’s important to talk about our justice systems part in this. This isn’t happening in a vacuum, cops learn this behavior because most of the time there are no consequences. I saw a story yesterday where two cops were caught on camera talking about how they were going to frame a guy and nothing has happened to the officers.

When a black person gets shot by the police, the problem isn’t that they got shot. That’s going to happen in a country with our gun laws. The problem is black people don’t trust the police or the justice system to get it right and that distrust is earned.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Is there a way to tackle this from a federal level? I doubt the DOJ has the resources to identify and hammer every misbehaving department and prosecutor's office out there, ala what they did in Seattle. So do we just wait until each local agency gets their act together? Run some union busting initiatives? I honestly don't know. This shit is systemic and it's one of the few places where our judicial system has truly failed at a fundamental level.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    dnc said:

My confidence in the system has taken a number of hits over the last few years and is at an all time low.

@Sledog , was that you man?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If you don't have anything to hide then cops wouldn't plant drugs in your trunk

Its a game of chicken. Cop will act like he'll take you to jail and have your car taken apart if you don't agree to an illegal search with no probable cause

And he might but you go for his badge number and quote some shit about how he will be personally responsible for the law suit and hope you don't get shot
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Its a game of chicken. Cop will act like he'll take you to jail and have your car taken apart if you don't agree to an illegal search with no probable cause

And he might but you go for his badge number and quote some shit about how he will be personally responsible for the law suit and hope you don't get shot

This.

Coppers have power over the moment and can really fuck up your afternoon. They can put in you in jail while everything gets sorted out. It's that time of getting everything sorted out that is their source of power.

It's all fun and games until you get stopped and you draw the short straw and get Officer Asshole. Then you get what all the fuss is about.
  • Options
    HustlinOwlHustlinOwl Member Posts: 953
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

This.

Coppers have power over the moment and can really fuck up your afternoon. They can put in you in jail while everything gets sorted out. It's that time of getting everything sorted out that is their source of power.

It's all fun and games until you get stopped and you draw the short straw and get Officer Asshole. Then you get what all the fuss is about.
    That only happens to black people though so it doesn’t really affect me.
    If you're not doing anything wrong, then you have nothing to fear from the police.

#thingssledogsays
    I agree with that in general. Somebody should send a memo to President Trump in regards to the Russia collusion thing. No need to fear(unless there's a reason to fear).
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,651

It’s important to talk about our justice systems part in this. This isn’t happening in a vacuum, cops learn this behavior because most of the time there are no consequences. I saw a story yesterday where two cops were caught on camera talking about how they were going to frame a guy and nothing has happened to the officers.

When a black person gets shot by the police, the problem isn’t that they got shot. That’s going to happen in a country with our gun laws. The problem is black people don’t trust the police or the justice system to get it right and that distrust is earned.

Not true there most certainly are consequences. Many have gone to prison. No one likes dirty cops, especially other cops.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Sledog said:

Not true there most certainly are consequences. Many have gone to prison. No one likes dirty cops, especially other cops.
    l m f a o
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,293
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I too have relatives who are COPS. They have to work three jobs to make a decent living. I have a life long friend in Portland who is a COP downtown and after 30 years he makes shit. Many law enforcement agencies across the country are begging for qualified candidates to fill their ranks.

They get treated like shit especially in the inner cities. You have democrats all over the country cursing them when they don't need them and condemning them when they don't show up fast enough. What the hell do you expect?

Those I know hate dirty COPS. Hate them. If there is one thing that makes me throw up it is democrats in dem run cities bitching about the environment they have created.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I too have relatives who are COPS. They have to work three jobs to make a decent living. I have a life long friend in Portland who is a COP downtown and after 30 years he makes shit. Many law enforcement agencies across the country are begging for qualified candidates to fill their ranks.

They get treated like shit especially in the inner cities. You have democrats all over the country cursing them when they don't need them and condemning them when they don't show up fast enough. What the hell do you expect?

Those I know hate dirty COPS. Hate them. If there is one thing that makes me throw up it is democrats in dem run cities bitching about the environment they have created.

So just to so we're clear, this Florida cop is planting meth on white women because democrats?

Makes sense.
  • Options
    BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,293
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    The Florida COP is a low life POS because dems don't value quality individuals.

If you need me to spell it out for you again, go fuck yourself because you are too stupid to understand.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,110
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Bullshit. I know many cops. Not a fucking one has any additional jobs. They all do fine.
    Gotta defend the sled on this one. I've seem many well nourished cops standing around while moonlighting as well nourished security.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

Bullshit. I know many cops. Not a fucking one has any additional jobs. They all do fine.
    Gotta defend the sled on this one. I've seem many well nourished cops standing around while moonlighting as well nourished security.
    So working overtime?
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,651

dnc said:

@Sledog , was that you man?
    Plenty of bad people out there. Absolutely no reason for shenanigans. None.