Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

$1.6T Student Debt - No Warning, Just Gone

Comments

• SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,919
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Oh and I disagree with getting rid of student debt. The only thing I'd support is a system where you pay on time for X number of years and the rest is forgiven. So if your loans are 15 years and you pay on time the first 10, then cool. And you can only have so many months of deferment.

I know a dude who makes about $140k a year, graduated 6 years ago. Came out making $120k. His $150k in loans is still in deferment. Like how does that work? He graduated from wsu so that explains part of it.

Why should your student loan debt be forgiven just because you've paid on time for a number of years?
    As an incentive to actually pay them down. It's too easy to just let them roll in deferment. As my post indicated.

Back in the day, my loans, if I made all 12 payments, I'd get a letter every year saying 1% of my loans were forgiven. And my interest rate was reduced under 3% after a couple years.
    How about the incentive that you signed a contract and borrowed the money now you're on the hook to pay it back. People should pay back the money they are contractually obligated to pay and not one penny less.

You shouldn't need an incentive not to be a dead beat.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Oh and I disagree with getting rid of student debt. The only thing I'd support is a system where you pay on time for X number of years and the rest is forgiven. So if your loans are 15 years and you pay on time the first 10, then cool. And you can only have so many months of deferment.

I know a dude who makes about $140k a year, graduated 6 years ago. Came out making $120k. His $150k in loans is still in deferment. Like how does that work? He graduated from wsu so that explains part of it.

Why should your student loan debt be forgiven just because you've paid on time for a number of years?
    As an incentive to actually pay them down. It's too easy to just let them roll in deferment. As my post indicated.

Back in the day, my loans, if I made all 12 payments, I'd get a letter every year saying 1% of my loans were forgiven. And my interest rate was reduced under 3% after a couple years.
    If an incentive like that would work I would have no problem with it but we have to put in rules now so that there are no more $160K BS's and BA's worth of loans. It makes zero sense.

I would like to have known who you were getting your loans through. They never offered anything like that to me!
    My dad was pour so they were federal subsidized loans. He made too much for Pell Grant. I actually paid a chunk of my college at the time which was dumb looking back. I should have maxed out the loans at interest free during college and put the money I was paying for school into investments.
  • CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

How about the incentive that you signed a contract and borrowed the money now you're on the hook to pay it back. People should pay back the money they are contractually obligated to pay and not one penny less.

Sounds like they have a contract!
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

I hear that banks can foreclose on people even if they're current on their loans. At least that's what some fucking moron from El Monte said.
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

There's a lot of things people should and shouldn't be. You shouldn't be a Homophobic faggot but we accept that. A lot of people are deadbeats. A lot of college graduates defer their student loans indefinitely. Reducing the liability also brings more money into the economy for people who are actually educated. For someone who supports tax cuts for the wealthy. I'd think you'd support invectives for people who actually pay their debts.
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

I hear that banks can foreclose on people even if they're current on their loans. At least that's what some fucking moron from El Monte said.
    They can’t? I’m sure you have a link. Answer the question GayBob.
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

There's a lot of things people should and shouldn't be. You shouldn't be a Homophobic faggot but we accept that. A lot of people are deadbeats. A lot of college graduates defer their student loans indefinitely. Reducing the liability also brings more money into the economy for people who are actually educated. For someone who supports tax cuts for the wealthy. I'd think you'd support invectives for people who actually pay their debts.
    You can't defer your loans indefinitely. Do you have any more fantasy stories you'd like tell us Hondo? I support invective for people who don't pay their debts.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,725
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2019
    take away fed loans and watch the price of tuition collapse

If you can't afford to pay back the loans, that was a pretty bad decision on your part. All that debt to study 17 genders

SAD
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

You can't defer your loans indefinitely. Do you have any more fantasy stories you'd like tell us Hondo? I support invective for people who don't pay their debts.
    If you know how to work the system. Indefinitely isn't far off. Or if your loan was prior to 1993.

https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/repay-loans/deferment-forbearance
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,483
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

take away fed loans and watch the price of tuition collapse

If you can't afford to pay back the loans, that was a pretty bad decision on your part. All that debt to study 17 genders

SAD

CD only has 17 genders? Is guess 57.
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

If you know how to work the system. Indefinitely isn't far off. Or if your loan was prior to 1993.

Or you could just lie and then when called on your lie post a link that doesn't support your lie. You can't defer your loan payments indefinitely Hondo. You talked straight out of your ass and now instead of admitting as much you're doubling down and lying. This is what you do.
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Or you could just lie and then when called on your lie post a link that doesn't support your lie. You can't defer your loan payments indefinitely Hondo. You talked straight out of your ass and now instead of admitting as much you're doubling down and lying. This is what you do.
    Do you ever wonder why I'm the only dumbfuck dumb enough to try to actually engage you in a conversation?
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Do you ever wonder why I'm the only dumbfuck dumb enough to try to actually engage you in a conversation?
    Do you ever wonder why you're a pathological liar who is constantly posting links that don't support what you've claimed? You can't defer your student loan payments indefinitely. You fucking lied Kunt, just as you always lie and instead of having the integrity to just admit you were wrong you now compound it by doubling down on your lie.
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Do you ever wonder why you're a pathological liar who is constantly posting links that don't support what you've claimed? You can't defer your student loan payments indefinitely. You fucking lied Kunt, just as you always lie and instead of having the integrity to just admit you were wrong you now compound it by doubling down on your lie.
    Yeah you don't get upset about lies* at all. In any way.

* Perceived lies. Any idiot understands the concept I was speaking about.
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

They can’t? Link? Answer the question GayBob.
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Ah yes the "concept" of you being a pathological liar.

A lot of college graduates defer their student loans indefinitely.
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

So you don't understand. Got it.
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

So you don't understand. Got it.
    I get that you're a liar who can't back up your mouth. No college students defer their student loans indefinitely.
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Bob had never heard of countrywide mortgage.
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Bob had never heard of countrywide mortgage.
    Yeah, one of my best friends was an executive there but I've never heard of it. You're free to provide evidence in support of it Hondo. Last time you stuck your head up your ass and posted about some guy who was behind on his reverse mortgage. Loved the way you ran and hid like a Kunt from that thread.