Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Dave Iuli, 2022 4* OL, Puyallup (HS), WA (Offered)

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,584
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited July 2021
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Tequilla said:

Who doesn’t PGOS get into whiny pissing matches with?

Real fans
    If you actually read my post that ruffled your feathers so much, I didn't say I wanted the Huskies to lose. I said I didn't want Jimmy to win because in my mind he's dropped the ball way too many times on basic stuff. He steps into a great position and the 1 thing he has done well is keep that initial class together that Pete bailed on. His recruiting has been subpar and that was supposed to be a strong point.
    You want the Huskies to win but you want their head coach to lose.

That makes perfect sense, thanks for clearing that up.

"He steps into a great position and the 1 thing he has done well is keep that initial class together that Pete bailed on. His recruiting has been subpar and that was supposed to be a strong point."

Like I said, youre a recrooting doog. It's okay to admit it, there are a lot of your ilk.

You want a new shiny Sark like coach to bring the sizzle and the 4 stars.

Non recrooting doogFS posters understand that winning the fucking games is all that matters at the end of the day. Could care less if it was a roster full of 5 stars or a bunch of 2 star walkons.

Not only that, they understand that as momentum builds within a program, recruiting improves. Iowa State is signing 4 stars now because their coach won the fucking games.

I know this is difficult to grasp. I really do. You like the excitement of teenage drama and you oogle over pictures of 17 year olds.

UW is a program where the momentum stalled in 2019, then a global pandemic hit. Many people, including recruits, are in wait and see mode in regards to the program. Myself included.

A big 2021 season, beating Michigan, winning the conference, will spell better recruiting moving forward.

A runner up, 9-3 type season may or may not be cause for concern.

Anything less than that and fire Jimmy.

Fucking idiot. Hth.
    Yep, you know everything about me.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Tequilla said:

Real fans
    If you actually read my post that ruffled your feathers so much, I didn't say I wanted the Huskies to lose. I said I didn't want Jimmy to win because in my mind he's dropped the ball way too many times on basic stuff. He steps into a great position and the 1 thing he has done well is keep that initial class together that Pete bailed on. His recruiting has been subpar and that was supposed to be a strong point.

"He steps into a great position and the 1 thing he has done well is keep that initial class together that Pete bailed on. His recruiting has been subpar and that was supposed to be a strong point."

Like I said, youre a recrooting doog. It's okay to admit it, there are a lot of your ilk.

Non recrooting doogFS posters understand that winning the fucking games is all that matters at the end of the day. Could care less if it was a roster full of 5 stars or a bunch of 2 star walkons.

Not only that, they understand that as momentum builds within a program, recruiting improves. Iowa State is signing 4 stars now because their coach won the fucking games.

I know this is difficult to grasp. I really do. You like the excitement of teenage drama and you oogle over pictures of 17 year olds.

UW is a program where the momentum stalled in 2019, then a global pandemic hit. Many people, including recruits, are in wait and see mode in regards to the program. Myself included.

A big 2021 season, beating Michigan, winning the conference, will spell better recruiting moving forward.

Fucking idiot. Hth.

Not really.

Recrooting doog
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited July 2021

Tequilla said:

Real fans

Fucking idiot. Hth.

Not really.

Recrooting doog
    so why are you even here bud?

And a serious question, do you actually think this program under Jimmy is headed in the right direction? Drop the PGOS shtick and answer honestly
  • Options
    Founders Club

Tequilla said:

Real fans

Fucking idiot. Hth.

Not really.

Recrooting doog

And a serious question, do you actually think this program under Jimmy is headed in the right direction? Drop the PGOS shtick and answer honestly
    I have no idea.

LIPO seems pretty appropriate here
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

Real fans

Fucking idiot. Hth.
    Recruiting is vital, but I’ve never given a shit about three seasons from now. I expect to be good this season and that’s all I really care about, or at least what I care about most.

Losing Ebuka and JTT is bad. We need to get the elite guys that are right there. I don’t really give a shit about the rest of the guys.
    Recruiting matters. Just not as much as good coaching. Our best season in 30 years was with a bunch of fringe top 25 type classes.

The results worsened as the recruiting inched closer to the top 10.

Its better to have higher ranked recruits than the alternative. But you can win, especially in the Pac 12, with borderline top 25 talent.

Even against Bama, I will die believing scheme was the biggest issues
    We had a significant talent gap team-wise... but we had talent in positions of importance like vea in the middle etc.

But a 100% team versus a 70% team is not a favorable matchup
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Real fans

Fucking idiot. Hth.
    Recruiting is vital, but I’ve never given a shit about three seasons from now. I expect to be good this season and that’s all I really care about, or at least what I care about most.

Losing Ebuka and JTT is bad. We need to get the elite guys that are right there. I don’t really give a shit about the rest of the guys.
    Recruiting matters. Just not as much as good coaching. Our best season in 30 years was with a bunch of fringe top 25 type classes.

Its better to have higher ranked recruits than the alternative. But you can win, especially in the Pac 12, with borderline top 25 talent.

Were you actually at the game?
    Do you have to be roaming the sideline to understand a football game?

The offensive scheme lost us that game. And pretty much every loss we suffered from 16-18 was due to offensive scheme and playcalling, except arguably on the road at tree or Penn State where the defense shit itself
    This is fucktarded

You learn a lot watching the game in person

Reality is that UW had some holes on offense that they couldn’t cover with scheme

Jimmy’s and Joe’s become obvious in person
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2021

Tequilla said:

Real fans

Fucking idiot. Hth.

This is true on the Pac level but not on a national level, but even by this standard you should be concerned. Jimmy isn't recruiting at that level. The only thing that kept his 2021 class in that range was having Sam who didn't commit to Jimmy. Jimmy has taken 23 commitments from kids who signed here or haven't decommitted yet. Only 5 of those are 4 star kids. None are five stars. 21% four stars isn't going to get the job done consistently and sustainably.

That would be concerning anytime.

It's especially an issue given the high level of in state talent of the classes in question.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited July 2021
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Real fans

Fucking idiot. Hth.

This is true on the Pac level but not on a national level, but even by this standard you should be concerned. Jimmy isn't recruiting at that level. The only thing that kept his 2021 class in that range was having Sam who didn't commit to Jimmy. Jimmy has taken 23 commitments from kids who signed here or haven't decommitted yet. Only 5 of those are 4 star kids. None are five stars. 21% four stars isn't going to get the job done consistently and sustainably.

It's especially an issue given the high level of in state talent of the classes in question.

UW didnt have the same talent Penn State or Ohio State did.

But the talent didnt lose them those games. The team starting sluggish, due mostly to the offensive scheme, was the problem

When UW finally woke up and the playcalling got dialed in, combined with desperation, made the final scores within one possession

Talent matters, but you dont have to out talent those teams to win. We were recruiting at the fabled 40% blue chip rate and went fucking 8-5, right @RaceBannon

If Jimmy wins he will be legitimized and the recruiting will greatly improve. Not worried about it.

If he loses, he gets fired and this is moot.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,585
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2021
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Reality is that UW had some holes on offense that they couldn’t cover with scheme

Jimmy’s and Joe’s become obvious in person

This was never more clear to me than watching the the Ohio State Rose Bowl in-person. Every time the Huskies ran off tackle I thought they had a decent run but then it was announced as a 2-3-yard game. Every time Ohio State ran off tackle I thought it was a two-yard gain and then it was announced as a 6-7-yard gain. That's what happens when you have an elite OL and big running backs as opposed to just a decent OL and small running backs.

• Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

Real fans

Make all the excuses you want. I think he is a little too cocky for the results we've gotten. He'll be with Pete's talent for a couple years and then we'll see if he knows what he's doing
    I’ll admit it. Calling for 0-0-12 is a Hottake
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,296
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Real fans

Fucking idiot. Hth.

But the talent didnt lose them those games. The team starting sluggish, due mostly to the offensive scheme, was the problem

When UW finally woke up and the playcalling got dialed in, combined with desperation, made the final scores within one possession

Talent matters, but you dont have to out talent those teams to win. We were recruiting at the fabled 40% blue chip rate and went fucking 8-5, right @RaceBannon

If Jimmy wins he will be legitimized and the recruiting will greatly improve. Not worried about it.

We didn't lose because of talent, because our 2016-18 teams were extremely talented. Recruiting rankings are not the same as talent. But in order to reliably be as talented as those teams you have to recruit better.

The amount of good players we got from the early Pete classes was a miracle, it's not something that's easy to replicate. 3*s aren't magically coached up better than 4*s. Just because we built a great team in 2016 with 3*s does not mean it's likely to happen again! I don't know why this is so hard to understand.
  • Options
    Founders Club

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Real fans

Fucking idiot. Hth.

We didn't lose because of talent, because our 2016-18 teams were extremely talented. Recruiting rankings are not the same as talent. But in order to reliably be as talented as those teams you have to recruit better.

The amount of good players we got from the early Pete classes was a miracle, it's not something that's easy to replicate. 3*s aren't magically coached up better than 4*s. Just because we built a great team in 2016 with 3*s does not mean it's likely to happen again! I don't know why this is so hard to understand.
    Christ.

My point is that coaching is much more important than whether starters are 3 stars or 4 stars.

3 stars get coached up all the time to be better than the 4 stars they are competing with, either on their own team for a roster spot or on the other team on Fall Saturdays

I dont know why this is so hard to understand
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,536
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2021
    The only thing hard to understand is why so many folks want the recruiting that went 8 and 5 in year 6

It calls all of you into question as college football experts by REAL experts like PGOS and myself

Many of you cheered on the shit that got us here. Some of us remember

We need a fucking great season to get all the stink out of here

I know better than to get in the way of the Husky Bridge Jumpers. Go ahead and jump

I am roused to post when Petersen is remembered fondly

The 5 stars that just left the state grew up watching Pete punt on 4th and 1 from the duck 40

Let Jimmy have a season then he gets 5 more because Jen isn't walking out that door anytime soon

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2021
    Jimmy will do better that tight cheeks Pete did

Cook it

And you'll all say Pete set it up or him by going 8 and 5, quitting, then as advisor letting UW not play last season while our recruiting rivals did
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,971
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Real fans

Fucking idiot. Hth.

Christ.

My point is that coaching is much more important than whether starters are 3 stars or 4 stars.

3 stars get coached up all the time to be better than the 4 stars they are competing with, either on their own team for a roster spot or on the other team on Fall Saturdays

You can do more with more PGOS, come on.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Real fans

Fucking idiot. Hth.

Christ.

You can do more with more PGOS, come on.
    Washington did that. Once

And we? are still paying for it 30 years later

Its a culture and the culture is the greatest setting and some winning but not too much and leave the cash at home when recruiting

That lesson was ignored 20 years ago and we are still paying for that too

I don't accept that the mildly competent soft fucking loser Petersen is the best we could hope for here. Nick Urban Day Switzer is the best we could hope for

Why we don't is where your angst should be directed