Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Dave Iuli, 2022 4* OL, Puyallup (HS), WA (Offered)

Comments

• Options
    UDubHusky23UDubHusky23 Member Posts: 889
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited July 2021
    Tequilla said:

Have we really even been recruiting here?

Should we have given up recruiting Iuli when things tend to explode on us??? Coaches should continue to recruit/cultivate relationships for precisely these situations. I don't know if we are terrible at building relationships or just straight lazy.

Hell Terrence and Whillip have offered 13 DB's this cycle and have whiffed on 11. Tucker and Florence ain't really favorites to us either.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    UW wasn't recruiting him though I think it's a mistake. Putting all their eggs into the Conerly basket
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Should we have given up recruiting Iuli when things tend to explode on us??? Coaches should continue to recruit/cultivate relationships for precisely these situations. I don't know if we are terrible at building relationships or just straight lazy.

Hell Terrence and Whillip have offered 13 DB's this cycle and have whiffed on 11. Tucker and Florence ain't really favorites to us either.
    I believe if you look at the OL depth chart we have a ton of scholarship players there.

We’ll lose a few this year but have a ton of depth waiting in the wings to step in

We’ve already signed 2 in this class (C and G) and likely are in a decent spot for Connerly.

My guess is that we’re taking 3 in this class and 4 would be a stretch in what’s going to be a small class.

I’m completely fine with us freaking out when it’s warranted (the Morrison stuff is completely warranted) … this one just screams to me of a situation where through the process we became disinterested and likely because we had better targets/fits in our board
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I believe if you look at the OL depth chart we have a ton of scholarship players there.

We’ll lose a few this year but have a ton of depth waiting in the wings to step in

We’ve already signed 2 in this class (C and G) and likely are in a decent spot for Connerly.

My guess is that we’re taking 3 in this class and 4 would be a stretch in what’s going to be a small class.

I’m completely fine with us freaking out when it’s warranted (the Morrison stuff is completely warranted) … this one just screams to me of a situation where through the process we became disinterested and likely because we had better targets/fits in our board
    i don't believe that. We had Nabou in the fold. But now its acceptable? to just expect the two plus connerly?
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Ok, so only 1 or 2 of the new Cascade Front 2.0?

Guess we might see a James Atoe 2.0 this January

How did someone that big slip through the cracks???

This staff is horseshit garbage. I hate the position Jimmy has put me in. I never want the Huskies to lose but fuck I don't want Jimmy to win. Rock and a hard place
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,112
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

i don't believe that. We had Nabou in the fold. But now its acceptable? to just expect the two plus connerly?
    There it is. This doesn’t matter if Nabou is still in the fold.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Potentially … Ioane committed in the period between Nabou’s verbal and when he publicly recommitted

Regardless, very clear that Iuli wasn’t really a priority recruit as we had others ahead of them

The staff generally speaking doesn’t recruit positions after they have secured the targets … can debate pro’s and con’s to this

Good for the kid and good for Oregon … but this doesn’t appear to be a situation where we were materially recruiting here
  • Options
    I’m also definitely never going to be in the camp to take a warm body to take a warm body … particularly with the portal in play
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,922
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I will personally help him OD on fentanyl. I need a plane ticket, lodging, food, alcohol, and drugs paid for. Can someone please start a gofundme and I will personally take care of this one. @swaye, this’ll be fun, you game?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TommySQC said:

UW wasn't recruiting him though I think it's a mistake. Putting all their eggs into the Conerly basket

Both, build a fucking wall and make kids believe they must bleed purple and shit gold. If they don’t pan out or don’t play until their senior yr it’s not udub fault. If they blow up and “rep their city” then their hometown heroes and make others want to be them. Not hard to figure out. Just play the fucking game lake. You’re not smarter than any of us.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    3/3

Fuck you. You’re telling me that luli or agbo are NOT better prospects then the other commit and dumb fuck that decommitted.

If huff fucks, he will do more with more. FUCK, if Lake or anyone on this staff fucks then they will do more with more.

‘16 was sarks guys coached by Chris, maybe Lake. It happened one fucking yr.

Any body saying diamonds in the ruff or best at developing three stars into draft picks can suck my hairy Portuguese balls.
  • Options

3/3

Fuck you. You’re telling me that luli or agbo are NOT better prospects then the other commit and dumb fuck that decommitted.

If huff fucks, he will do more with more. FUCK, if Lake or anyone on this staff fucks then they will do more with more.

‘16 was sarks guys coached by Chris, maybe Lake. It happened one fucking yr.

Any body saying diamonds in the ruff or best at developing three stars into draft picks can suck my hairy Portuguese balls.

1) I’m not opining to who is or isn’t better … I’m simply saying that whats publicly available suggests that the others were likely prioritized … at best there was a race to commit and some jumped on that (this only makes sense if you have similar evaluations on a group)

2) Roster balance matters a bit as well as the fact that you only play 5 OL at a time … if you feel confident that you will develop at a high level then you don’t need as many numbers (not saying I personally agree with that … Id want at least 15 OL on my roster)

Stars do only matter so much … you still have to worry about getting those that fit scheme/culture and you want guys that didn’t max out in HS
  • Options
    ROOFDOOGINSROOFDOOGINS Member Posts: 266
    Guys it’s not a big deal. Huff like Mark Nabou more.

Wait Mark de-commited?

• Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Is this an Eklund copy pasta?
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Potentially … Ioane committed in the period between Nabou’s verbal and when he publicly recommitted

Regardless, very clear that Iuli wasn’t really a priority recruit as we had others ahead of them

The staff generally speaking doesn’t recruit positions after they have secured the targets … can debate pro’s and con’s to this

Good for the kid and good for Oregon … but this doesn’t appear to be a situation where we were materially recruiting here
    It was first come first served. We had 3 plus Connerly.

Huff either f'd up the Iuli and Agbo recruitments or stopped recruiting which is not ideal when Nabou is still taking trips.

Huff either overestimated his relationship with Nabou or got lied to when he was supposed to communicate the commitment part, got lazy and stopped recruiting Iuli and Agbo, or didn't mesh with the two.

• Options
    Tequilla said:

Or maybe Iuli and Agbo weren’t strong targets of the staff?

Or maybe they expressed a desire to leave the area?

Huff is one of the few on this staff that has earned the benefit of the doubt when it comes to recruiting

No one on staff gets a free pass the way they are recruiting. Huff included has had whiffs. Not as bad as the others. Lets not pretend he had a strong class last year outside of Prentice.

This might be exacerbated by Terrence and Whillup in addition to Iuli being a hometown kid who committed to Whoregon but this staff needs to analyze how they recruit as a whole.

Jimmy better win big this year or shit will hit the fan quickly.

• Options

Tequilla said:

Huff is one of the few on this staff that has earned the benefit of the doubt when it comes to recruiting

No one on staff gets a free pass the way they are recruiting. Huff included has had whiffs. Not as bad as the others. Lets not pretend he had a strong class last year outside of Prentice.

This might be exacerbated by Terrence and Whillup in addition to Iuli being a hometown kid who committed to Whoregon but this staff needs to analyze how they recruit as a whole.

Jimmy better win big this year or shit will hit the fan quickly.

Nobody is giving this staff a pass on the whole … just saying Huff has won his fair share and has earned at least the benefit of the doubt

Winning big this year alone won’t fix recruiting

What we are learning in recruiting is that recruits are giving this staff on the whole a vote of no confidence
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

@sonics1993 said Agbo wanted to be the LT of the class. The staff likes Conerly more and that was the end of that recruitment.