Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Dave Iuli, 2022 4* OL, Puyallup (HS), WA (Offered)

Comments

• Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Tequilla said:

Or maybe Iuli and Agbo weren’t strong targets of the staff?

Or maybe they expressed a desire to leave the area?

Huff is one of the few on this staff that has earned the benefit of the doubt when it comes to recruiting

@sonics1993 said Agbo wanted to be the LT of the class. The staff likes Conerly more and that was the end of that recruitment.
    Washington stopped recruiting Agbo a while ago. Out of his top five, the only two schools he has a committable offer to right now are ASU and Miami. He was out of shape this past year so schools want to see his senior film first before going after him.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,918
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Tequilla said:

Or maybe Iuli and Agbo weren’t strong targets of the staff?

Or maybe they expressed a desire to leave the area?

Huff is one of the few on this staff that has earned the benefit of the doubt when it comes to recruiting

@sonics1993 said Agbo wanted to be the LT of the class. The staff likes Conerly more and that was the end of that recruitment.
    Washington stopped recruiting Agbo a while ago. Out of his top five, the only two schools he has a committable offer to right now are ASU and Miami. He was out of shape this past year so schools want to see his senior film first before going after him.
    Did they stop recruiting Iuli as well?
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,603
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited July 2021

Ok, so only 1 or 2 of the new Cascade Front 2.0?

Guess we might see a James Atoe 2.0 this January

How did someone that big slip through the cracks???

This staff is horseshit garbage. I hate the position Jimmy has put me in. I never want the Huskies to lose but fuck I don't want Jimmy to win. Rock and a hard place
    This, ladies and gentleman, is the worst and fucking stupidest kind of doog. The Recrooting Doog.

He wants UW to lose games so that a new staff could potentially get some better recroots

Fucking idiot
    Fuck off shithead. You think Jimmy is doing a good job? He has dropped the ball in everything he's done. The only thing he has done right is land in a coaching position with loads of talent already there for him. He has struck out on EVERYTHING else.

The fact that you @PostGameOrangeSlices calls anyone a "doog" is laughable.
    Jimmy was a first year coach in a global pandemic nightmare of a situation and gets a C from me.

He won 3/4 conference home games...games we are expected to win

He continued our misery versus Stanford
    ..at home...when they practiced in fucking Bellevue....and therefore he gets a 75% from me.

The fact that you think Im some kind of huge Jimmy supporter is hilarious. As if that somehow washes out your FS post even if I was
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited July 2021

This staff is horseshit garbage. I hate the position Jimmy has put me in. I never want the Huskies to lose but fuck I don't want Jimmy to win. Rock and a hard place
    This, ladies and gentleman, is the worst and fucking stupidest kind of doog. The Recrooting Doog.

He wants UW to lose games so that a new staff could potentially get some better recroots

Fucking idiot
    Fuck off shithead. You think Jimmy is doing a good job? He has dropped the ball in everything he's done. The only thing he has done right is land in a coaching position with loads of talent already there for him. He has struck out on EVERYTHING else.

Jimmy was a first year coach in a global pandemic nightmare of a situation and gets a C from me.

..at home...when they practiced in fucking Bellevue....and therefore he gets a 75% from me.

The fact that you think Im some kind of huge Jimmy supporter is hilarious. As if that somehow washes out your FS post even if I was
    Now that sounds like a doog to me.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Fucking idiot

"The only thing he has done right is land in a coaching position with loads of talent already there for him. He has struck out on EVERYTHING else."

Literally everything about him is a strikeout!

You sound like a fucking melodramatic recrooting doog boy stalker

Which you are
  • Options

Fucking idiot

"The only thing he has done right is land in a coaching position with loads of talent already there for him. He has struck out on EVERYTHING else."

Literally everything about him is a strikeout!

You sound like a fucking melodramatic recrooting doog boy stalker

Which you are
    Prove me wrong. Has he made any coaching hires that have been worth a shit? The 4 year assistant to the regional manager of the Jaguars RB coach for the OC? That made a splash! Don't forget promoting a coach that has been taking up space for a couple years now to DC.

He fucked up recruiting to the max during the pandemic. He counted on onsite visits which obviously never happened. If you think recruiting isnt important, you're a moron.

On a side note, I don't know where you get the teen boy stalker shit. I don't even have a twitter account. I come here to try and get info. Have a nice day bitch
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Who doesn’t PGOS get into whiny pissing matches with?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Real fans
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Real fans
    If you actually read my post that ruffled your feathers so much, I didn't say I wanted the Huskies to lose. I said I didn't want Jimmy to win because in my mind he's dropped the ball way too many times on basic stuff. He steps into a great position and the 1 thing he has done well is keep that initial class together that Pete bailed on. His recruiting has been subpar and that was supposed to be a strong point.

Make all the excuses you want. I think he is a little too cocky for the results we've gotten. He'll be with Pete's talent for a couple years and then we'll see if he knows what he's doing
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,638
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

Real fans
    If you actually read my post that ruffled your feathers so much, I didn't say I wanted the Huskies to lose. I said I didn't want Jimmy to win because in my mind he's dropped the ball way too many times on basic stuff. He steps into a great position and the 1 thing he has done well is keep that initial class together that Pete bailed on. His recruiting has been subpar and that was supposed to be a strong point.
    I think Petersen actively worked that class through signing day. It's pretty obvious who the recruiter was.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Tequilla said:

Real fans
    You want the Huskies to win but you want their head coach to lose.

That makes perfect sense, thanks for clearing that up.

"He steps into a great position and the 1 thing he has done well is keep that initial class together that Pete bailed on. His recruiting has been subpar and that was supposed to be a strong point."

Like I said, youre a recrooting doog. It's okay to admit it, there are a lot of your ilk.

You want a new shiny Sark like coach to bring the sizzle and the 4 stars.

Non recrooting doogFS posters understand that winning the fucking games is all that matters at the end of the day. Could care less if it was a roster full of 5 stars or a bunch of 2 star walkons.

Not only that, they understand that as momentum builds within a program, recruiting improves. Iowa State is signing 4 stars now because their coach won the fucking games.

I know this is difficult to grasp. I really do. You like the excitement of teenage drama and you oogle over pictures of 17 year olds.

UW is a program where the momentum stalled in 2019, then a global pandemic hit. Many people, including recruits, are in wait and see mode in regards to the program. Myself included.

A big 2021 season, beating Michigan, winning the conference, will spell better recruiting moving forward.

A runner up, 9-3 type season may or may not be cause for concern.

Anything less than that and fire Jimmy.

Fucking idiot. Hth.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

Real fans

"He steps into a great position and the 1 thing he has done well is keep that initial class together that Pete bailed on. His recruiting has been subpar and that was supposed to be a strong point."

Like I said, youre a recrooting doog. It's okay to admit it, there are a lot of your ilk.

Non recrooting doogFS posters understand that winning the fucking games is all that matters at the end of the day. Could care less if it was a roster full of 5 stars or a bunch of 2 star walkons.

Not only that, they understand that as momentum builds within a program, recruiting improves. Iowa State is signing 4 stars now because their coach won the fucking games.

I know this is difficult to grasp. I really do. You like the excitement of teenage drama and you oogle over pictures of 17 year olds.

UW is a program where the momentum stalled in 2019, then a global pandemic hit. Many people, including recruits, are in wait and see mode in regards to the program. Myself included.

A big 2021 season, beating Michigan, winning the conference, will spell better recruiting moving forward.

Fucking idiot. Hth.
    Recruiting is vital, but I’ve never given a shit about three seasons from now. I expect to be good this season and that’s all I really care about, or at least what I care about most.

Losing Ebuka and JTT is bad. We need to get the elite guys that are right there. I don’t really give a shit about the rest of the guys.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Tequilla said:

Real fans

Fucking idiot. Hth.
    Recruiting is vital, but I’ve never given a shit about three seasons from now. I expect to be good this season and that’s all I really care about, or at least what I care about most.

Losing Ebuka and JTT is bad. We need to get the elite guys that are right there. I don’t really give a shit about the rest of the guys.
    Recruiting matters. Just not as much as good coaching. Our best season in 30 years was with a bunch of fringe top 25 type classes.

The results worsened as the recruiting inched closer to the top 10.

Its better to have higher ranked recruits than the alternative. But you can win, especially in the Pac 12, with borderline top 25 talent.

Even against Bama, I will die believing scheme was the biggest issues
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Real fans

Fucking idiot. Hth.

Recruiting matters. Just not as much as good coaching. Our best season in 30 years was with a bunch of fringe top 25 type classes.

Its better to have higher ranked recruits than the alternative. But you can win, especially in the Pac 12, with borderline top 25 talent.

Were you actually at the game?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited July 2021
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Real fans

Fucking idiot. Hth.

Do you have to be roaming the sideline to understand a football game?

The offensive scheme lost us that game. And pretty much every loss we suffered from 16-18 was due to offensive scheme and playcalling, except arguably on the road at tree or Penn State where the defense shit itself
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited July 2021

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Real fans

Fucking idiot. Hth.

Do you have to be roaming the sideline to understand a football game?

The offensive scheme lost us that game. And pretty much every loss we suffered from 16-18 was due to offensive scheme and playcalling, except arguably on the road at tree or Penn State where the defense shit itself
    It wasn’t scheme as much as it was we had Jake Browning at QB and Nick Harris giving up 50 pounds, starting at guard.

The scheme did suck and was a problem. It was Pete’s main problem his whole tenure at UW, but with a great QB, we would have had a true contender from 2016-2018. We would have won the PAC 12 in 2019 if the QB was better too. Eason was just as bad.
    Browning was a shell of himself, and Harris was completely outmanned, but we did nothing to help either. Gaskin didnt do much, but as usual we completely abandoned him...look what happened when we once again realized Gaskin is our best offensive player in the Fiesta and Rose...he dominated the second half of both games but it was too little, too late.

The pick 6 was BrowningFS but never shouldve been the playcall.

We needed to pound Gaskin, then try some play action to Ross or Pettis.

Instead we did bubble screen paddycake and short pass bullshit per usual. Bama knew we had abandoned the run and deep pass and smelled blood in the water. Pretty similar bullshit to the USC and even Arizona games prior.

We still would have lossed, but the defense maybe wouldnt have gassed and let Scarborough break that one play in the 4th which sealed the game...