Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Cigars

Comments

• Options
    minion_doogminion_doog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Just bought a 150 cigar humi. Went partial baller style and got a Daniel Marshall. But, I got it from their "dent and scratch" private stash and paid 645 bucks for a humidor that retails for 1300 (but I see them on "sale" for 1000 bucks online). Looked at Elie Bleu....lolwut? 4K for a 125 cigar humidor? 6K for a small cabinet? lulwutagain? That's true baller status shit.

I'll take factory blemished all day long to save that kind of quid. Probably should have just used the igloo but I hate money and like nice things. Anyway, it's called the treasure chest, and I should be all set now to store bulk cigars in there and then transfer to the smaller desktop 10 at a time or whatever for my quick smoke needs.

@UW_Doog_Bot created a monster. Also ordered over 600 bucks worth of Diamond Crown, Montecristo and RP top shelf shit in boxes. Few more weeks I'll be all set for everything. Appreciate all the good advice. Will report back about Fox cigars. I have 4 separate orders in with them so we will see how they all come out and if they throw in any freebies.

Also, just when I thought I was all set @UW_Doog_Bot asks me what kind of cutter I have (cheap), so now i am looking at top line cutters like Davidoff, Vino and ST Dupont. By the time this is all over I'll have 2 grand tied up in getting set up and getting 100 good cigars and about 30 meh ones. Good times. Who knew cigars were so expensive? I do like the fact that forums suggest a good humidor can last your lifetime, so most of this feels like upfront costs to get everything set up and rolling, and from there it's just humidification product, butane replacements, and the actual cigars. Good times. I have deeply enjoyed this and am loving having a stogie every single night on the deck. The smells of the trailer park and the police lights adds real ambiance to the experience.

It's beautiful. Keep in mind that when they say a humi will hold 150, they mean aprox 75-100.
  • Options
    DHDDHD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,407
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    As for cutters ... I'll throw in my advice, for whatever that's worth ... I'm big on V-cutters.

Seems like the cap stays more intact and I get a better draw, but your mileage my vary.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    DHD said:

As for cutters ... I'll throw in my advice, for whatever that's worth ... I'm big on V-cutters.

Seems like the cap stays more intact and I get a better draw, but your mileage my vary.

TYFYS...not the advice, the avatar choice.
  • Options
    YouKnowItYouKnowIt Member Posts: 539
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    get a cutter that has a stopper on the back, so if you are intoxicated, it stops you from cutting too much off...
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,893
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Damn, swaye. You don’t half ass things.

Don’t try crack.
  • Options
    doublebraiddawgdoublebraiddawg Member Posts: 42
    5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Damn, swaye. You don’t half ass things.

Don’t try crack.

No crack, no party fight, no redhead in rehab...

Tis the interconnection of all things...

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Just got my first order from Fox. 4 free cigars. 2 Perla Del Mars (mid grade), a two Herrera Estelis. SO not high end stuff, but still decent and free.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    ALso just put in an order for 3 more boxes. FML. But, Ill have about a hundred stogies to rest in the new humidor when it's ready in a month. And still have about 15-20 sitting in desktop to keep me good until 2 months from now when the 5 boxes of goodness are ready to go. FUCK YES. /flexfridayfaggots
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited November 2020
    Figured I would resurrect this. Just got my hot little hands on a bunch of uber high end Opus X, Don Carlos Anniversary and God of Fire sticks. When 13 sticks cost you over 600 bucks, you know you've lost it.

And I now have 4 humidors, all completely bursting at the seams full. Wineador (probably 350+ sticks in there), Coolador (another 200), Daniel Marshall (80ish), and an acrylic Boveda (50ish).

Cigars are almost better than watches. Almost.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,983
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited November 2020
    Swaye said:

Figured I would resurrect this. Just got my hot little hands on a bunch of uber high end Opus X, Don Carlos Anniversary and God of Fire sticks. When 13 sticks cost you over 600 bucks, you know you've lost it.

And I now have 4 humidors, all completely bursting at the seams full. Wineador (probably 350+ sticks in there), Coolador (another 200), Daniel Marshall (80ish), and an acrylic Boveda (50ish).

Those Orkin quarterly performance bonuses are no slouch
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited November 2020

Swaye said:

Those Orkin quarterly performance bonuses are no slouch
    You know how many Japanese Beetles I had to kill to get these? Just kidding. I vacuum them up. But thousands.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Thanks to @swaye's recomendation I was tripping ballz on the #2 Cigar of the Year around the Mayberry fire pit last weekend. I don't even have to do the research. Just listen 'em to Big Chief.

https://www.cigaraficionado.com/top25cigar/e-p-carrillo-la-historia-e-iii-2014

And a ten bucks a stick there is no better value in the cigar world.
  • Options
    Swaye said:

Thanks to @swaye's recomendation I was tripping ballz on the #2 Cigar of the Year around the Mayberry fire pit last weekend. I don't even have to do the research. Just listen 'em to Big Chief.

Just got a Box of 10 for 69. Better be good!
  • Options
    Founders Club
    YouKnowIt said:

Swaye said:

Was that the La Historia or the new Pledge? I bought both when they put the special on. Carrillo is fantastic!
  • Options
    Swaye said:

YouKnowIt said:

Swaye said:

Was that the La Historia or the new Pledge? I bought both when they put the special on. Carrillo is fantastic!
    La Historia
  • Options
    Founders Club
    YouKnowIt said:

Swaye said:

YouKnowIt said:

Swaye said:

La Historia
    I can't imagine you not loving it.
  • Options
    Swaye said:

YouKnowIt said:

Swaye said:

YouKnowIt said:

Swaye said:

La Historia
    I can't imagine you not loving it.
    who doesn't love big brown things in there mouth ...