Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Cigars

Comments

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,922
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

I’m going to regret the rest of my posts today

Guzzle up and let the shitpoast festival begin - that's actually better than a dumb@$$ thinking he's insightful
    I’m honest with myself. What exactly do you bring to this board that hasn’t already been done?
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,545
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Guzzle up and let the shitpoast festival begin - that's actually better than a dumb@$$ thinking he's *insightful
    *Chinsightful
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Guzzle up and let the shitpoast festival begin - that's actually better than a dumb@$$ thinking he's insightful
    @puppylove_sugarsteel true?!
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,257
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

Also am realizing I might need a bigger humidor at some point. Damnit. Any smokers here have two humidors? Like a desktop and a bigger one for boxes of cigars?

I was also thinking I could get a bigger racked one so I could buy cigars in bulk (noticing it is MUCH cheaper to buy full boxes of cigars than singles and sampler packs), and keep the bulk boxed stogies in a bigger case in a closet or whatever, and keep the smaller one out and just transfer stogies 10 at a time or whatever when I get low to the "user" humidor that is out and close. Anyone do anything like that?

You can use a cooler/ice chest for bulk storage. Throw a hygrometer in there and damp a sponge now and them. Stage them to your humidor to dial in the humidity a week or so before you want to smoke them
    Holy shit, this are good advice.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Just bought a 150 cigar humi. Went partial baller style and got a Daniel Marshall. But, I got it from their "dent and scratch" private stash and paid 645 bucks for a humidor that retails for 1300 (but I see them on "sale" for 1000 bucks online). Looked at Elie Bleu....lolwut? 4K for a 125 cigar humidor? 6K for a small cabinet? lulwutagain? That's true baller status shit.

I'll take factory blemished all day long to save that kind of quid. Probably should have just used the igloo but I hate money and like nice things. Anyway, it's called the treasure chest, and I should be all set now to store bulk cigars in there and then transfer to the smaller desktop 10 at a time or whatever for my quick smoke needs.

@UW_Doog_Bot created a monster. Also ordered over 600 bucks worth of Diamond Crown, Montecristo and RP top shelf shit in boxes. Few more weeks I'll be all set for everything. Appreciate all the good advice. Will report back about Fox cigars. I have 4 separate orders in with them so we will see how they all come out and if they throw in any freebies.

Also, just when I thought I was all set @UW_Doog_Bot asks me what kind of cutter I have (cheap), so now i am looking at top line cutters like Davidoff, Vino and ST Dupont. By the time this is all over I'll have 2 grand tied up in getting set up and getting 100 good cigars and about 30 meh ones. Good times. Who knew cigars were so expensive? I do like the fact that forums suggest a good humidor can last your lifetime, so most of this feels like upfront costs to get everything set up and rolling, and from there it's just humidification product, butane replacements, and the actual cigars. Good times. I have deeply enjoyed this and am loving having a stogie every single night on the deck. The smells of the trailer park and the police lights adds real ambiance to the experience.

So happy you’ve found the non-AIDS way to satisfy your oral fixation of sucking on dick-like objects.

Ts and Ps to the local gloryhole you’ll no longer service.

• Options
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Just bought a 150 cigar humi. Went partial baller style and got a Daniel Marshall. But, I got it from their "dent and scratch" private stash and paid 645 bucks for a humidor that retails for 1300 (but I see them on "sale" for 1000 bucks online). Looked at Elie Bleu....lolwut? 4K for a 125 cigar humidor? 6K for a small cabinet? lulwutagain? That's true baller status shit.

I'll take factory blemished all day long to save that kind of quid. Probably should have just used the igloo but I hate money and like nice things. Anyway, it's called the treasure chest, and I should be all set now to store bulk cigars in there and then transfer to the smaller desktop 10 at a time or whatever for my quick smoke needs.

@UW_Doog_Bot created a monster. Also ordered over 600 bucks worth of Diamond Crown, Montecristo and RP top shelf shit in boxes. Few more weeks I'll be all set for everything. Appreciate all the good advice. Will report back about Fox cigars. I have 4 separate orders in with them so we will see how they all come out and if they throw in any freebies.

Also, just when I thought I was all set @UW_Doog_Bot asks me what kind of cutter I have (cheap), so now i am looking at top line cutters like Davidoff, Vino and ST Dupont. By the time this is all over I'll have 2 grand tied up in getting set up and getting 100 good cigars and about 30 meh ones. Good times. Who knew cigars were so expensive? I do like the fact that forums suggest a good humidor can last your lifetime, so most of this feels like upfront costs to get everything set up and rolling, and from there it's just humidification product, butane replacements, and the actual cigars. Good times. I have deeply enjoyed this and am loving having a stogie every single night on the deck. The smells of the trailer park and the police lights adds real ambiance to the experience.

My daddy has a Cartier Cigar Cutter...bourgeoisie piss clan gonna bourgeoisie

It's funny he actually made a joke about "You'll end up with a Cartier cutter" when we were sexting this morning. Heh. I am liking the Duponts. 125-160 bucks and serious high end quality, but not 600 bucks like a Cartier baller style.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

Hmmm...single blade.

The reality is that a cigar cutter is a glorified knife. It needs to be stainless steel, sharp, and built with some integrity. Other than that. It's all branding.

• Options
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Hmmm...single blade.

The reality is that a cigar cutter is a glorified knife. It needs to be stainless steel, sharp, and built with some integrity. Other than that. It's all branding.

This from the guy who wants to drop 300 bucks on a tabletop cutter. Heh. Then again, tabletops are cool AF. There are cheaper versions I learned.

100 bucks...

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    That said, because I know you love branding and status symbols. I'd wait and see if anything plays out with all the business with Fox or if you end up at Tiffany's with the wife having to hold bags maybe you'll find a silver one while contemplating the mistake you made in getting married.
  • Options
    Founders Club

That said, because I know you love branding and status symbols. I'd wait and see if anything plays out with all the business with Fox or if you end up at Tiffany's with the wife having to hold bags maybe you'll find a silver one while contemplating the mistake you made in getting married.

Dick. All true though.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Hmmm...single blade.

This from the guy who wants to drop 300 bucks on a tabletop cutter. Heh. Then again, tabletops are cool AF. There are cheaper versions I learned.

100 bucks...

Tabletops are a different monster, it's kind of like buying good cast iron. You don't want to get some cheap chinese forged junk. You want to buy something that will be built well and stay sharp even past the zombie apocalypse.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FYI to @RaceBannon I looked it up and it looks like Daniel Marshall has one of their factories and an outlet in Santa Ana...I think I'll be making a trip.
  • Options
    Founders Club

FYI to @RaceBannon I looked it up and it looks like Daniel Marshall has one of their factories and an outlet in Santa Ana...I think I'll be making a trip.

My research showed Daniel Marshall are without doubt the best value in high end humidors. They are half (or less) the price of other elite makers and beat pretty much all of them in Cigar Afficionado testing. They are really good deals for what you get at the price point.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

My research showed Daniel Marshall are without doubt the best value in high end humidors. They are half (or less) the price of other elite makers and beat pretty much all of them in Cigar Afficionado testing. They are really good deals for what you get at the price point.
    I think I'm going to have to have a "job walk" in Santa Ana in the next few weeks.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,938
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Hmmm...single blade.

100 bucks...

Tabletops are a different monster, it's kind of like buying good cast iron. You don't want to get some cheap chinese forged junk. You want to buy something that will be built well and stay sharp even past the zombie apocalypse.
    Too French Revolution.