Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Why so many mass shootings?

Comments

• Options
    ZoneUWZoneUW Member Posts: 794
    5 Fuck Offs First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Sledog said:

ZoneUW said:

ZoneUW said:

ZoneUW said:

Cartoons of Mohammed caused a mass shooting in France

You’re losing it race

Maybe take the religion OUT of schools then? Or only Christianity prevents mass shootings?
    You might be on to something.

https://www.cato.org/blog/are-shootings-more-likely-occur-public-schools
    Any loser creep can go to a public school. Private schools usually do some vetting.

No shit shootings are way more likely at public schools. Next you’re going to tell me there’s more violent crime in big crowded cities than small gated communities?
    Huh? Hondo was just saying poor neighborhoods are awesome. Best people live there. No?

So what you’re saying is rich people who have a sense of right and wrong send their kids to religious schools were those kids don’t mass murder their classmates? Crazy theory, but you might be onto something.
    Rich people have less need to commit crimes. Because they have, you know, money.
    Because they, you know, WORK!
    um.. wage stagnation? Cost of living going up while wages remain?
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited June 2019
    ZoneUW said:

ZoneUW said:

ZoneUW said:

You’re losing it race

Maybe take the religion OUT of schools then? Or only Christianity prevents mass shootings?

Any loser creep can go to a public school. Private schools usually do some vetting.

No shit shootings are way more likely at public schools. Next you’re going to tell me there’s more violent crime in big crowded cities than small gated communities?
    Huh? Hondo was just saying poor neighborhoods are awesome. Best people live there. No?

So what you’re saying is rich people who have a sense of right and wrong send their kids to religious schools were those kids don’t mass murder their classmates? Crazy theory, but you might be onto something.
    Rich people have less need to commit crimes. Because they have, you know, money.
    If poverty caused crime to increase how do you explain that crime during the Great Depression dropped? And how do you explain the explosion in crime in the 1960s during a period of time when the poverty rate was falling? Crime also exploded in the late 80s and early 90s again during a period of declining poverty rates. So how do you explain it?

• Options
    SFGbob said:

ZoneUW said:

ZoneUW said:

ZoneUW said:

You’re losing it race

If poverty caused crime to increase how do you explain that crime during the Great Depression dropped? And how do you explain the explosion in crime in the 1960s during a period of time when the poverty rate was falling? Crime also exploded in the late 80s and early 90s again during a period of declining poverty rates. So how do you explain it?

Because there was no money to pay someone to report it
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2019
    ZoneUW said:

ZoneUW said:

ZoneUW said:

You’re losing it race

Such bullshit. You’re either a piece of shit and have the capacity to commit crimes or you don’t. I’ve been poor and it never occurred to me to steal or kill someone. Poor people can also eat right and exercise if they choose to. People who stay poor do so for a reason, because they are pieces of shit and capable of this shit. People who are poor but transition through it at some point (the vast majority) do so because they aren’t pieces of shit. Rich people certainly commit crimes, for the same reason poor people do, they are horrible people. There is just less of them.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited June 2019
    ZoneUW said:

SFGbob said:

ZoneUW said:

ZoneUW said:

ZoneUW said:

You’re losing it race

Yeah, I can see why the Hondo Bros love this level of conversation.

Way to keep it nice and stupid Kunt. Were you trying to be funny? Because you failed at that as well.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,605
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

ZoneUW said:

ZoneUW said:

ZoneUW said:

You’re losing it race

Such bullshit. You’re either a piece of shit and have the capacity to commit crimes or you don’t. I’ve been poor and it never occurred to me to steal or kill someone. Poor people can also eat right and exercise if they choose to. People who stay poor do so for a reason, because they are pieces of shit and capable of this shit. People who are poor but transition through it at some point (the vast majority) do so because they aren’t pieces of shit. Rich people certainly commit crimes, for the same reason poor people do, they are horrible people. There is just less of them.
    Fewer
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2019

ZoneUW said:

ZoneUW said:

ZoneUW said:

You’re losing it race

Fewer
    Yeah. I cheated my way through English class.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ZoneUW said:

SFGbob said:

ZoneUW said:

ZoneUW said:

ZoneUW said:

You’re losing it race

You’re a fucking idiot.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,605
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

ZoneUW said:

ZoneUW said:

ZoneUW said:

You’re losing it race

Fewer
    Yeah. I cheated my way through English class.
    Checkmate trumptard
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    So the lack of money is what causes people to commit crime according to our liberal friend but he has no answer for why crime fell during a period of time with increasing poverty, and why crime increased during a period of decreasing poverty.

If you were really interested in discovering the root causes of crime in American I'd suggest you take a look at the correlation between being raised in single parent household and criminal behavior and even when you control for income, a more secure financially single parent statistically is still more likely to have a kid get involved in criminal activity than kids raised in a poorer two parent family.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    SFGbob said:

ZoneUW said:

ZoneUW said:

ZoneUW said:

You’re losing it race

Everyone chuckles when you try to use logic like that.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited June 2019
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

ZoneUW said:

ZoneUW said:

ZoneUW said:

You’re losing it race

Everyone chuckles when you try to use logic like that.
    Explains why can't lay a glove on it and ran away from the questions that were asked.

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,021
    SFGbob said:

ZoneUW said:

ZoneUW said:

ZoneUW said:

You’re losing it race

Single parent households, lack of personal responsibility and a sense of entitlement are biggies in my book.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

SFGbob said:

ZoneUW said:

ZoneUW said:

ZoneUW said:

You’re losing it race

Single parent households, lack of personal responsibility and a sense of entitlement are biggies in my book.
    I’m hearing there weren’t any single parent households during the Great Depression
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited June 2019
    ZoneUW said:

Sledog said:

SFGbob said:

ZoneUW said:

ZoneUW said:

ZoneUW said:

You’re losing it race

I’m hearing there weren’t any single parent households during the Great Depression
    I’m hearing that when your little pet theory of underfunded schools and poverty causing crime was challenged with actual facts as opposed to your feelings you ran away and hid like a Kunt after performing a sweet jackass dance.

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,021
    It's the fault of the people raising these killers. If your kid need psych drugs firearms shouldn't be in your home.

Many raising them with no moral conviction sure isn't helping anything.

You go on and keep blaming others. That's one of the biggest problems.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited June 2019

I think it’s video games.

Certainly not solely, but a kid who plays a first person shooter 10 hours a day will be impacted.

Really it's about the desensitizing of people due to technology. Many if most young people now, don't talk to other people unless they have to. It's all via SMS and social media. Life isn't real to a lot of young people today.

I watched a townhall on teenage suicide and mass violence last week. And the overarching cause that came down from both the "experts" and the kids was the isolation that technology has allowed. Be it social media, smart phones, video games, message boards and what have you. People do not know how to A: Converse in a healthy manner anymore and B: Do so respectfully. I give you the Tug as exhibit A. Imagine the Tug but a bunch 15 y/o's on it.
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

Certainly not solely, but a kid who plays a first person shooter 10 hours a day will be impacted.

Really it's about the desensitizing of people due to technology. Many if most young people now, don't talk to other people unless they have to. It's all via SMS and social media. Life isn't real to a lot of young people today.

I watched a townhall on teenage suicide and mass violence last week. And the overarching cause that came down from both the "experts" and the kids was the isolation that technology has allowed. Be it social media, smart phones, video games, message boards and what have you. People do not know how to A: Converse in a healthy manner anymore and B: Do so respectfully. I give you the Tug as exhibit A. Imagine the Tug but a bunch 15 y/o's on it.
    There’s absolutely no data linking video games to violence

Nice try old man
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    ZoneUW said:

salemcoog said:

There’s absolutely no data linking video games to violence

Nice try old man
    Where's the data linking underfunded schools to violence?