Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What phobias do you have?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,180
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2019

The Seahawks, Sonics and Storm obsessed checker at my local Safeway. Dude is pretty far on the spectrum. @BennyBeaver knows

Can confirm.
    Yesterday, his rant was especially off the rails and I thought he might lose it and hit a customer with a wine bottle or some other blunt object. Topic: Dude does not like men that disrespeck women's sports and the Seattle Storm. I was like, "Bruh, I have intimate knowledge of chick's hoops and much respeck!!" I was able to keep his attention for all of about 5 secs before the spectrum took over again and the mumbling rant continued.
    @theknowledge can confirm?!
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,864
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

None. I'm fearless.

So, I'm not a complete sociopath and have a rational mind that tells me things are bad ideas buuuut

I have an autistic disconnect from my feelings that gives me a real fearlessness.

Cliff jumping in Mejico, Big wave surfing in Hawaii, Cutting lanes on a motorcycle at a 100mph+, Venomous snake training in Africa, White water rescue, etc. I've got a long list of high risk activities that I've said, "Fuck it, looks fun". @Dennis_DeYoung can tell me if that qualifies as fast strategy.

The most extreme example of this I can think of was my first run of Boulder Drop on the Sky at 10,000+ CFS. I was sitting at the top of the rapid on some rocks scouting my lines, completely calm and collected, thinking through my turns, moves, and angles. Low and behold, my wetsuit starts getting warm from me pissing and I think to myself, "Huh, I must be scared right now." but otherwise I wouldn't have been able to tell you that I felt any different from any other run.

I've also come close enough to drowning to make peace with dying more than a handful of times. You'd think that would give me some fear of the water but if anything, it made me less so.

TLDR feelings to robots are only superficial application software.
    You forgot sleepy tim edibles.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,180
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

None. I'm fearless.

So, I'm not a complete sociopath and have a rational mind that tells me things are bad ideas buuuut

I have an autistic disconnect from my feelings that gives me a real fearlessness.

Cliff jumping in Mejico, Big wave surfing in Hawaii, Cutting lanes on a motorcycle at a 100mph+, Venomous snake training in Africa, White water rescue, etc. I've got a long list of high risk activities that I've said, "Fuck it, looks fun". @Dennis_DeYoung can tell me if that qualifies as fast strategy.

The most extreme example of this I can think of was my first run of Boulder Drop on the Sky at 10,000+ CFS. I was sitting at the top of the rapid on some rocks scouting my lines, completely calm and collected, thinking through my turns, moves, and angles. Low and behold, my wetsuit starts getting warm from me pissing and I think to myself, "Huh, I must be scared right now." but otherwise I wouldn't have been able to tell you that I felt any different from any other run.

I've also come close enough to drowning to make peace with dying more than a handful of times. You'd think that would give me some fear of the water but if anything, it made me less so.

You've gotta be the definition of SS to think that consuming edibles is high risk behavior.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

None. I'm fearless.

You've gotta be the definition of SS to think that consuming edibles is high risk behavior.
    Before the Rose Bowl I think they are high risk. Camping or something like that they are good.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,558
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

The Seahawks, Sonics and Storm obsessed checker at my local Safeway. Dude is pretty far on the spectrum. @BennyBeaver knows

Can confirm.
    Yesterday, his rant was especially off the rails and I thought he might lose it and hit a customer with a wine bottle or some other blunt object. Topic: Dude does not like men that disrespeck women's sports and the Seattle Storm. I was like, "Bruh, I have intimate knowledge of chick's hoops and much respeck!!" I was able to keep his attention for all of about 5 secs before the spectrum took over again and the mumbling rant continued.
    @theknowledge can confirm?!
    I don't work at Safeway but as a guy who has intimate knowledge of the industry I can confirm it is well documented that a large percentage of Safeway employees are very much on the spectrum. I think they have a Rorschach test as an application. They weird folk.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,533
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,533
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    what a great day - I got my first fuck off
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited June 2019

Ticks. I know a couple people who got Lime Disease from ticks and a few more who are now fucking allergic to mammal meat thanks to tick bites. Anytime I'm out in the woods I get paranoid as fuck now and check my body way too many times. If my kids are with me I'm even worse paranoid for them. Found one latched on to my three year olds skull after a hike and about lost my mind.

Fuck them all.

This.

My dude went for a ride up the mountains. Tick got him on the leg when he stopped to take a leak in the woods.

Got Lyme Disease and went from being a scary as fuck biker who would crack skulls just for looking at him wrong to being laid up in the house barely able to function each day.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited June 2019
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,839
    Founders Club
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fat people

Short people and fat people. Plus short, fat people.