Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

What phobias do you have?

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Mad_Son said:

Haha like I'm telling you fuckers my weakness

Shrimp? Ribs?
    Granite cutting? Pestilence?
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,522
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mad_Son said:

Pork?
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    Standard Supporter

I used to love riding my bicycle as a kid, but now the thought of getting on one terrifies me. 5 years ago I bought a bike and tried to make a good faith effort to get back into it again, but fellow bicyclists were major dicks (“ON YOUR RIGHT!!!!”), dedicated paths were overcrowded, and the traffic was too close for comfort even in the bike lane. :/

*On your left.

It’s good cycling etiquette to let someone know that you’re passing.
    That wasn’t a typo/mistake on my part. I actually had two people pass me on both sides thinking the Burke-Gilman Trail was actually Mont Ventoux/Stage 5 of the Tour de France. The guy on the right yelled at me like the drill sergeant in Full Metal Jacket.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,938
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dflea said:

LebamDawg said:

salemcoog said:

Yellow jackets suck. I've been stung a few times by them.

The worst was in 2003 at Autzen after the Cougs laid down a 55-16 beating to those Young, Rich and Cool Ducks. We decided to stay and tailgate longer after the game and let the traffic die down. After pack up instead of trekking the hundred yards or so to the Honeybucket for the final piss , we decided to head for the trees instead. And consequently trampled on a yellow jackets nest. Got stung about 10 times on that one. Was lucky though because I had already dangled the little worm out. But it got reeled in quick.

Three times I have had to go to the emergency room in South Bend. the worst - I was out cutting firewood and got stung on the back of my hand by a bald-faced hornet. Mrs Lebam came over and beat the shit out of the nest - she got stung 6-8 times. about 4 hours later my arm was swollen from my shoulder to my finger tips. Absolutely no wrinkles (and I am old), so off to the ER. They kept me in the hospital 3 days. My kid "let me get this straight, Mrs. Lebam gets stung numerous times, and she has to take you to the hospital - For one sting"

I disowned my kid the little ingrate. That is also when I got my epi-pens
    Nothing packs a wallop like a bald faced hornet. They make a yellow jacket look like a fruit fly.

I'm not crazy about heights, but it isn't phobia level. I like to take out of town guests here. When we're standing out in the middle of the bridge, I make sure nobody is around me because I get a little twitchy out there:

Pussy. Vance Creek Bridge or GTFO @dflea
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

dflea said:

LebamDawg said:

salemcoog said:

The worst was in 2003 at Autzen after the Cougs laid down a 55-16 beating to those Young, Rich and Cool Ducks. We decided to stay and tailgate longer after the game and let the traffic die down. After pack up instead of trekking the hundred yards or so to the Honeybucket for the final piss , we decided to head for the trees instead. And consequently trampled on a yellow jackets nest. Got stung about 10 times on that one. Was lucky though because I had already dangled the little worm out. But it got reeled in quick.

Three times I have had to go to the emergency room in South Bend. the worst - I was out cutting firewood and got stung on the back of my hand by a bald-faced hornet. Mrs Lebam came over and beat the shit out of the nest - she got stung 6-8 times. about 4 hours later my arm was swollen from my shoulder to my finger tips. Absolutely no wrinkles (and I am old), so off to the ER. They kept me in the hospital 3 days. My kid "let me get this straight, Mrs. Lebam gets stung numerous times, and she has to take you to the hospital - For one sting"

Nothing packs a wallop like a bald faced hornet. They make a yellow jacket look like a fruit fly.

I'm not crazy about heights, but it isn't phobia level. I like to take out of town guests here. When we're standing out in the middle of the bridge, I make sure nobody is around me because I get a little twitchy out there:

Access closed. Too many Seattle shitheads kept falling to their deaths. We used to have keggers there when I was in high school.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Mad_Son said:

Shrimp? Ribs?
    Granite cutting? Pestilence?
    I was going to say Nazis but this is more clever.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,545
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dflea said:

LebamDawg said:

salemcoog said:

I sure as hell don't wanna be where ever the photographer was for that photo
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,938
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dflea said:

dflea said:

LebamDawg said:

salemcoog said:

Access closed. Too many Seattle shitheads kept falling to their deaths. We used to have keggers there when I was in high school.
    Dumb asses looking for the perfect Instagram brag pic.

Yay Darwin!
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,743
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    None. I'm fearless.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,522
    Swaye's Wigwam

None. I'm fearless.

Meet me at the corner of S Tacoma Way and Pearl tonight and we'll see how TUFF you really are.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Expiration dates. I lose all trust and can't make myself eat/drink anything once it hits that expiration date, even when other people tell me it's fine
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,595
    NEsnake12 said:

Expiration dates. I lose all trust and can't make myself eat/drink anything once it hits that expiration date, even when other people tell me it's fine

Even bacon?
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    Founders Club
    NEsnake12 said:

Is this really a phobia though? Who wants to eat shit after the expiration date?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    NEsnake12 said:

Gladstone said:

NEsnake12 said:

Is this really a phobia though? Who wants to eat shit after the expiration date?
    All of the poor college kids who I lived with at UW
    The knows noses.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,743
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    PurpleJ said:

None. I'm fearless.

Meet me at the corner of S Tacoma Way and Pearl tonight and we'll see how TUFF you really are.
    The one on Aurora by the U District. You know that. I established the official rumble site years ago. You can't ask me to drive to Tacoma. One, it's awful, and two, Strongballz might show up with his hood rat friends and I'd be outnumbered.