Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Veterans walk out of meeting with AOC.

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,896
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

GDS said:

Case closed

Do a google image search on this and you see endless links talking about how the Nixon administration used the false narrative of anti-war protesters spitting on returning vets to try and stamp out dissent for the war. Thanks for your posts HC
    I did see all the revisionist history

That's the problem with the left. They are a bunch of pussies who refuse to live up or take credit for their own actions

Also saw a lot of Hanoi Jane in the google search. I suppose that is a myth too

Own it pussies. It happened.
    The antiwar left did a lot of great things during the war to build public pressure help bring it to its eventual conclusion. And lefties should happily own that. They didn’t spit on returning vets however, and they didn’t “lost the war at home” either. That’s revisionist bullshit.
    Pussy

How about blowing up buildings on campus?

Another myth?
    Ok? That did happen. I won’t disown the antiwar left because fringes carried out bombings that only damaged property. How about the national guard murdering four college students. You seem to have thrown yourself in with that lot.
    As I recall a policeman was killed in Obama's friends comrades bombings.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

GDS said:

Case closed

Do a google image search on this and you see endless links talking about how the Nixon administration used the false narrative of anti-war protesters spitting on returning vets to try and stamp out dissent for the war. Thanks for your posts HC

That's the problem with the left. They are a bunch of pussies who refuse to live up or take credit for their own actions

The antiwar left did a lot of great things during the war to build public pressure help bring it to its eventual conclusion. And lefties should happily own that. They didn’t spit on returning vets however, and they didn’t “lost the war at home” either. That’s revisionist bullshit.
    Pussy

Another myth?
    Revisionist bullshit

https://www.washington.edu/uwem/2015/03/31/sept-18-1968/
    https://www.washington.edu/uwem/2015/03/31/january-1970/
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    A top Nixon aide, John Ehrlichman, later admitted: “You want to know what this was really all about. The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I’m saying. We knew we couldn’t make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders, raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did.”Nixon temporarily placed marijuana in Schedule One, the most restrictive category of drugs, pending review by a commission he appointed led by Republican Pennsylvania Governor Raymond Shafer.

Isolated incidents of spitting were operations orchestrated by the Nixon administration to undermine the anti war community.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,273
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gwad said:

A top Nixon aide, John Ehrlichman, later admitted: “You want to know what this was really all about. The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I’m saying. We knew we couldn’t make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders, raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did.”Nixon temporarily placed marijuana in Schedule One, the most restrictive category of drugs, pending review by a commission he appointed led by Republican Pennsylvania Governor Raymond Shafer.

Isolated incidents of spitting were operations orchestrated by the Nixon administration to undermine the anti war community.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,499
    Swaye's Wigwam
    A 1994 interview with Erlichman

Revisionist history
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

SFGbob said:

The Vietnam vets that threw away their medals and marched to end that nightmare are good people.

How about the ones like John Kerry who threw away someone else's medals but pretended he was throwing away his until the tide changed and it became advantageous for him to run on his war hero status and then he proudly displayed his medals? Good person?

How about the guys who were complete frauds and who were never even in Vietnam but talked about the atrocities they'd seen and participated in? Good people?

Kerry is fine in my book for going in front of congress and asking who will be the last to die for a mistake. Took more balls than you have to do that. Poltician John Kerry isn’t as good as that version however.
    FagsForKerry, Founding Member. Right?
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

GDS said:

Case closed

Pussy

Another myth?
    Ok? That did happen. I won’t disown the antiwar left because fringes carried out bombings that only damaged property. How about the national guard murdering four college students. You seem to have thrown yourself in with that lot.
    Nice attribution of cause where there isn't any. You're too fucking dumb to enjoy tormenting. Do the world a favor and kill yourself.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

GDS said:

Case closed

Pussy

Another myth?
    Revisionist bullshit

https://www.washington.edu/uwem/2015/03/31/sept-18-1968/
    https://www.washington.edu/uwem/2015/03/31/january-1970/
    Yes, but those aren't news paper articles so they don't count.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

salemcoog said:

Baseman said:

Hi there dumbfucks,

My dad was drafted into Vietnam, served in the special forces in some of the worst shit you can imagine, and then went to UW and was a lot more than spit on by anti-war protesters. To this fucking day, he is reluctant to tell people he doesn't know of his veteran status because of the stigma that surrounded being a Vietnam veteran in that era.

I have no doubt you'll dismiss or rationalize this to fit your worldview. Sincerely, go fuck yourselves.

He’s almost certainly lying about his treatment by anti-war protestors at UW and is probably just another right-wing dipshit, like his kid, who fabricated those details for the sake of hippie-punching.
    Bingo, glad you can continue to show your colors and illustrate what the Left has to offer. I'm actually glad you are here in the Tug for that purpose.
    I’m a Lib. Kennedy and LBJ shouldn’t have sent our boys to Nam. Many thanks and respect to those who served and defended my rights to be a Dem. Crawling around in a dank swamp in 100 heat and humidity dodging water snakes, mosquitos and the Cong was no joke.

So Fuck off Hardly Clothed. The vitriol our Nam vets got returning home was real and undeserved. Ask a real Nam vet what they think of Jane Fonda. That will tell you all you need to know.
    Good poast but you won't be a Lib for long. I'm guessing you're approaching mid 30's now?

Myself, I voted for Gore, Kerry and Obama the first time. But Come around 2010 I'd heard and seen enough to know that today's Democrats were the most corrupt faction in the History of American politics. ID politics was now the name of the game at home and Much of their foreign policy devolved to put America's interest in a backseat to Europe and ME countries wants. But still I was so scared of Trump's unprecedented, un-presidential rhetoric, that I actually voted for Hilary. But I vowed to give whoever won that steam pile of an election in 2016 a chance. And so I have. Both parties suck. But only one of them hates their country and the values that built it up.
    The democrats are thinking of you and how to keep you by rolling out Old Joe Biden for some Obama Hillary nostalgia and to show they haven't gone batshit AOC crazy

First, congrats on admitting the Hillary vote. Not many here do or admit to a Trump vote like I do

Question is - does the Joe Bidden Reunion tour do it for you or have the last couple of years soured the whole Obama Myth?

Well as I said earlier, I soured on Obama less than halfway through his 1st term. And I'm old enough to remember when Obama basically locked crazy Joe in a closet for a year due to the crazy shit He was spewing.

So it's a No on Joe for me. The only one I somewhat like on the Dem side is Tulsi. But she's on the island and doesn't make as many ridiculous claims and take as many as ridiculous stances as the front runners.

And yes, i'm aware she worked with Bernie last time Around. I don't agree with all of her policy but I am convinced there is no better person running. But as we know nowadays, that and five bucks will get ya a latte at Dutch Bros. Unfortunately she probably wont even make the stage. But if she did, I think she could get traction. The rest of the Dems do nothing for me.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,895

Baseman said:

Hi there dumbfucks,

My dad was drafted into Vietnam, served in the special forces in some of the worst shit you can imagine, and then went to UW and was a lot more than spit on by anti-war protesters. To this fucking day, he is reluctant to tell people he doesn't know of his veteran status because of the stigma that surrounded being a Vietnam veteran in that era.

I have no doubt you'll dismiss or rationalize this to fit your worldview. Sincerely, go fuck yourselves.

He’s almost certainly lying about his treatment by anti-war protestors at UW and is probably just another right-wing dipshit, like his kid, who fabricated those details for the sake of hippie-punching.
    Bingo, glad you can continue to show your colors and illustrate what the Left has to offer. I'm actually glad you are here in the Tug for that purpose.
    I’m a Lib. Kennedy and LBJ shouldn’t have sent our boys to Nam. Many thanks and respect to those who served and defended my rights to be a Dem. Crawling around in a dank swamp in 100 heat and humidity dodging water snakes, mosquitos and the Cong was no joke.

So Fuck off Hardly Clothed. The vitriol our Nam vets got returning home was real and undeserved. Ask a real Nam vet what they think of Jane Fonda. That will tell you all you need to know.
    The “vitriol” Vietnam vets faced returning home was mostly a fabrication developed decades later as demonstrated in this thread. Most people were happy to see their family and peers return alive. Jane Fonda still? Fuck you for falling for that revisionist bullshit and doing an actual disservice to vietnam vets by misrepresenting their experience.
    Answer the question - what is your birth year?

Early 60’s. Some of first memories were following the war. Now what’s yours and everyone who claims to know how vietnam vets were treated when they returned from the war?
    Early 60’s but I’m telling the truth.